Dropping Out Missing Links

Dropping Out Missing Links

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Aug 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
It's possible the intelligence you speak of when you say intelligent design is inherent in the DNA itself. It is a very complex computer and can recognize when there are environmental stresses so the changes we see over time could just as easily come from the intelligence in the DNA itself.
DNA is like a hard drive in a computer that can be loaded with an operating system program code. So we would not say the hard drive contains intelligence because we know that the computer does not have intelligence, but the intelligence comes from the programmer who loaded the operating system code into the computer. Good computer programmers put error checking information in their programs too. However, as Bill Gates commented, that information code in the DNA is far more complex than any man has made.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 Aug 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
DNA is like a hard drive in a computer that can be loaded with an operating system program code. So we would not say the hard drive contains intelligence because we know that the computer does not have intelligence, but the intelligence comes from the programmer who loaded the operating system code into the computer. Good computer programmers put error ch ...[text shortened]... d, that information code in the DNA is far more complex than any man has made.

The Instructor
It is NOT a hard drive, there are processes going on internally to the DNA that is more like a computer than just memory. You are just talking out your hat.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
01 Aug 13

It will not be able to change enough to become a different kind of organism. That would require the introduction of a lot of new highly complex coding information to produce different types of designed cells for new functions that is beyond the capability of many mutations to produce.

The Instructor
I see. So basically, large changes in DNA can't happen over a large period of time because.............Ron says so.

Have you got any evidence to back up your claim? No YouTube videos thank you.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
02 Aug 13

Originally posted by lemon lime
And to insure fairness in your proposed discusson you should both be equally closed or open minded.

[b]Edit:
I spoke too soon. It appears the discussion was over before it started. So the results are in, and as it turns out you were right and he was wrong.

If you had even the slightest idea of what Evolution Theory encompassed you wouldn't make a statement like 'in trouble and collapsing.'[/b]
Ha!!

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
02 Aug 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
a few beers? how many exactly? more than your body needed to function? 😛 I was swimming in Loch Lomond, it was awesome, diving from a canoe into the clean refreshing Scottish water while you were getting fat on beer! I came up cleansed of body and spirit! materialism dude, hard to respect, give it up!
A few means 3 or 4

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
02 Aug 13

Your claim is false, not mine. You are only trying to play with the meaning of words in your deception.

We creationists do not deny that a large amount of changes can take place over time. But it is the type of change required by evilution that we say does not happen and can't happen, because God made sure in His design that it would not happen.

The Instructor
It's you who plays wit the meaning of words, especially trying to assert that evolution is evil by changing it.

It really irks me Ron. I dont suppose you could just use the accepted spelling of the word? you would gain more credibility and be seen as less of a joke, and I would've thought that that was important to you being an instructor and all. Or will you just cut off your nose despite your face again?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Aug 13

It is NOT a hard drive, there are processes going on internally to the DNA that is more like a computer than just memory. You are just talking out your hat.
I was only referring to the DNA as the memory component of the cell and was not including all the other molecular parts that make the cell operate like a computer. Obviously, the other parts have to be there also for any action to take place by the information stored in the DNA memory molecule. That is why it is referred to as irreducible complexity.

The Instructor

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Aug 13

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I see. So basically, large changes in DNA can't happen over a large period of time because.............Ron says so.

Have you got any evidence to back up your claim? No YouTube videos thank you.
The fact that it has never been observed can be considered evidence. The fact that there is information that codes for the reproduction of the proteins and the cells that make up the creature is evidence. The fact that this information code is also programmed with error correcting code is also evidence that it was not meant to change to another creature.

For non scientist like us, I think that is enough to start with.

The Instructor

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Aug 13
3 edits

Originally posted by karoly aczel
It's you who plays wit the meaning of words, especially trying to assert that evolution is evil by changing it.

It really irks me Ron. I dont suppose you could just use the accepted spelling of the word? you would gain more credibility and be seen as less of a joke, and I would've thought that that was important to you being an instructor and all. Or will you just cut off your nose despite your face again?
My instruction is not on English grammar and spelling. I am only concerned with the instruction of the science that refutes evilution and supports Intelligent Design and Creation Science.

If you want instruction in English Grammar and Spelling, try these two books:

http://www.amazon.com/English-Grammar-Dummies-Geraldine-Woods/dp/0470546646

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/listing/2689927087028?r=1&cm_mmca2=pla&cm_mmc=GooglePLA-_-Book_15To24-_-Q000000633-_-2689927087028

By the way, there are too many meanings for the word evolution now, so that is why I spell it differently to get across the meaning that I am primarily refuting.

The Instructor

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Aug 13
1 edit

No you were not. This is what you said -

New genetic information has never been shown to have been added by mutations.

That's a verbatim quote.
Mutations

The Instructor

Ro

Moves
02 Aug 13

The fact that it has never been observed can be considered evidence.
Excellent. So you accept that there is considerable evidence that souls, the afterlife and God does not exist.

Progress at last.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Aug 13

Originally posted by Rank outsider
Excellent. So you accept that there is considerable evidence that souls, the afterlife and God does not exist.

Progress at last.
There are potential evidence on both sides of the issue. If the evidence was just on one side, then there would not be any controversy and we would both agree. However, neither of us have complete knowledge and we are evaluating what we know from our worldviews, which are different.

I believe I have more correct knowledge of these issues than you and you apparently believe just as strongly from your point of view. So all we can really do is exchange arguments for our point of view. However, I also believe I have divine knowledge on my side, which make my arguments more powerful than yours. All you have is man's limited knowledge for your arguments.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
03 Aug 13
1 edit

There are potential evidence on both sides of the issue. If the evidence was just on one side, then there would not be any controversy and we would both agree. However, neither of us have complete knowledge and we are evaluating what we know from our worldviews, which are different.

I believe I have more correct knowledge of these issues than you and yo ...[text shortened]... rful than yours. All you have is man's limited knowledge for your arguments.

The Instructor
And it REALLY bothers you that each year that goes by that knowledge of mankind gets less and less limited. At some point in time that the limits of knowledge will be so small that no creationist can keep faith. When we make life from a test tube from totally unliving matter and the like, creationists will have less and less crawl space.

We are in fact creating our own godhead of knowledge with zero help from any god, especially yours.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Aug 13

And it REALLY bothers you that each year that goes by that knowledge of mankind gets less and less limited. At some point in time that the limits of knowledge will be so small that no creationist can keep faith. When we make life from a test tube from totally unliving matter and the like, creationists will have less and less crawl space.

We are in fact creating our own godhead of knowledge with zero help from any god, especially yours.
My God laughs at your foolishness.

The Instructor

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
03 Aug 13

Surely I can be forgiven for the misuse of an apostrophe after a few beers on a Saturday evening?
Sure, but it makes your cooking suspect. Ah well, nothing ventured!