1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    30 Jul '13 22:381 edit
    Originally posted by sonship

Can you give us a synopsis of the video, what are Dr J's main points of contention?

It seemed to be a up-to-date state of proposed evidences for TOE. The science teacher explains how pack-peddling, revisionism, face saving, and euphemism are being offered about the ongoing collapse of past icons of evidence.

I plan to watch the ent olve some of these problems for us in the future."

I think that is education.
    I'll watch 10mins of the talk starting from 6mins and see what he has to say. Firstly, it seems a little strange for Dr J to be claiming evolution is collapsing yet 7 years later.............it's still here. Must be a slow collapse.

You still haven't given me an answer to my question - what's your take on how life began and how it diversified? If you think it did.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jul '13 23:29
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I have simply no interest in discussing something with someone who has no genuine interest in the topic. What relevance do you have to a discussion in which you have admitted to being closed-minded and ignorant and have no desire to learn anything about it? I might as well talk to the wall.

Case in point, the idea that species 'transmutate' went out o ...[text shortened]... jargon. Most of us on this forum are in the 21st century, you should try joining us sometime.
    all irrelevant to the fact that ecoli has not mutated into something other than ecoli, now you can suck it up or not, personally, i dont care, the fact remains that what you are referring to is adaptation, not transmutation, the very basis of Darwinian theory.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Jul '13 01:32
    I'll watch 10mins of the talk starting from 6mins and see what he has to say. Firstly, it seems a little strange for Dr J to be claiming evolution is collapsing yet 7 years later.............it's still here. Must be a slow collapse.

You still haven't given me an answer to my question - what's your take on how life began and how it diversified? If you think it did.
    The discovery of the information code placed in the DNA molecule and the irreducible complexity of the cell to perform its particular function seals the coffin of evilution, since proteins cannot form without DNA, but neither can DNA form without proteins.

Evilution has already collapsed. You stupid atheists just don't realize it.

The Instructor
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    31 Jul '13 08:25
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    all irrelevant to the fact that ecoli has not mutated into something other than ecoli, now you can suck it up or not, personally, i dont care, the fact remains that what you are referring to is adaptation, not transmutation, the very basis of Darwinian theory.
    I wasn't claiming that the ecoli had 'mutated' into anything, so I fail to see what your point is.
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    31 Jul '13 10:04
    Originally posted by sonship

Can you give us a synopsis of the video, what are Dr J's main points of contention?

It seemed to be a up-to-date state of proposed evidences for TOE. The science teacher explains how pack-peddling, revisionism, face saving, and euphemism are being offered about the ongoing collapse of past icons of evidence.

I plan to watch the ent ...[text shortened]... olve some of these problems for us in the future."

I think that is education.
    I watched 10mins of the video. I got as far as the issue of dinosaur soft tissue being preserved when fossilised. I don't understand how that can be example of evolution 'collapsing'?! Surely that demonstrates how are understanding of fossilisation is 'collapsing'? How does that particular issue refute the process by which we explain the diversification of life on this planet?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jul '13 10:25
    I wasn't claiming that the ecoli had 'mutated' into anything, so I fail to see what your point is.
    oh but you are, in a very covert way, after all, you believe that genetic aberration/change forms the basis of mutation which in turn leads to the diversity of genus that we observe in the natural world.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Jul '13 10:43
    oh but you are, in a very covert way, after all, you believe that genetic aberration/change forms the basis of mutation which in turn leads to the diversity of genus that we observe in the natural world.
    "Genetic aberration/change" is what "mutation" means surely?
    And yes, the ecoli did, in fact, change into something different. The different thing it changed into, was probably still classified under current classification systems as 'ecoli'. But your pretense that it is not 'something else' is based on your ignorance of classification systems.
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    31 Jul '13 10:53
    I gave the example of the ecoli experiments to show that new 'information' can be added to a genome through genetic mutations, contrary to Ron's false assertions. There's nothing 'covert' about that.

Genetic information changes over time, if a small amount of genetic change can occur over small timespan, do you accept that a large amount of genetic change can occur over a large timespan? If not why not?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jul '13 11:11
    I gave the example of the ecoli experiments to show that new 'information' can be added to a genome through genetic mutations, contrary to Ron's false assertions. There's nothing 'covert' about that.

Genetic information changes over time, if a small amount of genetic change can occur over small timespan, do you accept that a large amount of genetic change can occur over a large timespan? If not why not?
    plenty of reasons Jeeves, self reparation of DNA, discontinuity of the species etc etc , now I am off to Culzean castle where Eisenhower once stayed, there may be no internet connection or even a mobile phone signal, have fun, see you in a week or so!
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    31 Jul '13 11:26
    plenty of reasons Jeeves, self reparation of DNA, discontinuity of the species etc etc , now I am off to Culzean castle where Eisenhower once stayed, there may be no internet connection or even a mobile phone signal, have fun, see you in a week or so!
    We know for a fact that DNA doesn't repair itself 100%. I mean the Lenski experiment has demonstrated this. Again, this has been pointed out to you on numerous occasions and yet you still make this claim. Why do you do it?

Discontinuity of the species?
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Jul '13 11:28
    plenty of reasons Jeeves, self reparation of DNA,
    DNA can put back information lost or remove information added? Or do you just not know what you are talking about?
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Jul '13 18:341 edit
    I watched 10mins of the video. I got as far as the issue of dinosaur soft tissue being preserved when fossilised. I don't understand how that can be example of evolution 'collapsing'?! Surely that demonstrates how are understanding of fossilisation is 'collapsing'? How does that particular issue refute the process by which we explain the diversification of life on this planet?
    It reduces the age factor so that there is not enough time for evolution or specifically evilution. This has nothing to do with the rapid diversification of life since the flood, but only effects the possibility of bacteria eventually becoming humans as evilution claims.

The Instructor
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Jul '13 18:422 edits

Your claim is false, not mine. You are only trying to play with the meaning of words in your deception.

We creationists do not deny that a large amount of changes can take place over time. But it is the type of change required by evilution that we say does not happen and can't happen, because God made sure in His design that it would not happen.

The Instructor
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Jul '13 18:451 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    DNA can put back information lost or remove information added? Or do you just not know what you are talking about?
    As I have said before, the DNA molecule does not do anything but store the genetic blueprint information of the entire organism.

The newest data-storage device? DNA

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/01/23/dna-information-storage/1858801/

The Instructor
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    31 Jul '13 22:312 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Your claim is false, not mine. You are only trying to play with the meaning of words in your deception.

We creationists do not deny that a large amount of changes can take place over time. But it is the type of change required by evilution that we say does not happen and can't happen, because God made sure in His design that it would not happen.

The Instructor
    How is my claim false? How am I playing with the meaning of words? What are you gibbering on about you batty old man?!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree