Dropping Out Missing Links

Dropping Out Missing Links

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
07 Aug 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
mutations which form the building blocks, thats hilarious!
Are you going to acknowledge your error and attempt to answer my question?

Cape Town

Moves
07 Aug 13

I was just thinking today how ludicrous evolution really is, fish coming out of the sea, growing lungs, feet, walking around, its mental, pure and utter mental.
And yet I have personally seen at our local aquarium live fish that are out of the sea, have 'feet' and are skipping around.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mudskipper

rc

Moves
07 Aug 13

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Are you going to acknowledge your error and attempt to answer my question?
see the edit, when you provide a credible example of a species mutating into another as is hypothesised, then let us know.

rc

Moves
07 Aug 13
3 edits

Originally posted by twhitehead
And yet I have personally seen at our local aquarium live fish that are out of the sea, have 'feet' and are skipping around.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mudskipper
wow, there is also flying fish that have mutated into birds, amazing, not a single credible case of a genus (i would use species but i know how utterly unreasonable and pedantic you are) that has mutated into another, let us know when you find one. can you tell us when the transformation from cold blood to warm blood took place in these fish/birds? Now i have to varnish the window sill, ill be back to see what you have found.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
07 Aug 13

see the edit, when you provide a credible example of a species mutating into another as is hypothesised, then let us know.
You still haven't answered the question - if DNA can change a small amount in a small timeframe, why can't it change a large amount in a large timeframe?

Moves
07 Aug 13

whats your definition of a species? is it genetic differences?

rc

Moves
07 Aug 13
1 edit

You still haven't answered the question - if DNA can change a small amount in a small timeframe, why can't it change a large amount in a large timeframe?
I have no idea, but when you provide evidence of it happening in the real world, let us know.

rc

Moves
07 Aug 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
whats your definition of a species? is it genetic differences?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genus

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
07 Aug 13

I have no idea, but when you provide evidence of it happening in the real world, let us know.
So there is no reason why DNA can't change a large amount over a large time frame. Good. We got there.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
07 Aug 13

Here's a hypothetical for you, if you could travel say 50 million years into the future, do you think the earth would be populated by all the same animals we have here today?

rc

Moves
07 Aug 13
1 edit

So there is no reason why DNA can't change a large amount over a large time frame. Good. We got there.
there may be no reason that i know of, but that does not mean that they do not exist. infact i found one in about 3 seconds,

There is no known scientific law that would allow one kind of creature to turn naturally into a completely different kind. Insects don't evolve into more complex non-insects for instance, because they don't have the genes to do it.

To show that all life evolved from a single cell, which itself came from some type of chemical soup, there would have had to be massive genetic information gains.

But evolutionists have failed to show how this gain of new information occurred. Where did the information come from for the first bristles, stomachs, spines, intestines, complex blood circulation systems, intricate mouthpieces to strain special foods out of the water, and so on, when these were supposedly not present in the ancestral species?

The theory of evolution teaches that complex life-forms evolved from simple life-forms. There is no natural law known that could allow this to happen. The best that evolutionists can come up with to try to explain how this might have happened is to propose that it happened by mutations and natural selection.

But mutations and natural selection do not show gain in information, just rearrangement or loss of what is already there — therefore there may be beneficial mutations without an increase in genetic information.

Mutations overwhelmingly destroy genetic information and produce creatures more handicapped than the parents. (See our article on TNR, the Totally Naked Rooster.) And natural selection simply weeds out unfit creatures. Natural selection may explain why light-colored moths decrease and dark moths proliferate, but it cannot show that moths could ever turn into effective, totally different, non-moth creatures. Moths do not have the genetic information to turn into something that is not a moth, no matter how much time you give them. Nor could they evolve from something that was totally different from a moth.

http://www.creationtips.com/evoluwrong.html

rc

Moves
07 Aug 13

Here's a hypothetical for you, if you could travel say 50 million years into the future, do you think the earth would be populated by all the same animals we have here today?
50 million, hard to say, it depends on many factors.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
07 Aug 13

50 million, hard to say, it depends on many factors.
Name me a couple of factors.

Moves
07 Aug 13

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genus
genus is a rough guide to classification not a specific guide to what makes a species a species.

so what makes a dog a dog? what separates a dog from a pig? would you agree that its the differences in dna?

rc

Moves
07 Aug 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
genus is a rough guide to classification not a specific guide to what makes a species a species.

so what makes a dog a dog? what separates a dog from a pig? would you agree that its the differences in dna?
its a system of classification, what makes anything differ is essentially the information contained in DNA, so what?