Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson fired from TV show...

Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson fired from TV show...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Dec 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I don't deny my kids a Christmas, my kids get lots of Christmas presents from their relatives, but its just like you to use an emotive subject like children to raise your points, its been a pattern of yours and the Daily Mails for years.
So Christmas does occur in your house to some extent.

rc

Moves
23 Dec 13

Originally posted by divegeester
And don't kid yourself that anyone believes you weren't going to have it anyway, along with your turkey (or whatever special dish you've chosen). Excuse me while I go outside to get the choking fumes of your hypocrisy our of my lungs.
I am a vegetarian, i don't have anything special on Christmas day, especially not Turkey, oh poor deluded one, you want to bring everyone down to the level of your hypocrisy as a conscience salving exercise, your paganism exposed , its must be painful.

rc

Moves
23 Dec 13
1 edit

So Christmas does occur in your house to some extent.
No, in my mothers house, they know better than bring Christmas presents to my house. They know I am pure and Holy.

Infidel

Moves
23 Dec 13

Originally posted by galveston75
Still sounds like satan speaking? Yep it does....

Genesis Chapter 3

1 Now the serpent was the most cautious of all the wild animals of the field that Jehovah God had made. So it said to the woman: “Did God really say that you must not eat from every tree of the garden?”
2 At this the woman said to the serpent: “We may eat of the fruit of the tree ...[text shortened]... here, or say he doesn't even exist.
The Bible warns of such a foolish and deadly mind set.....
Yes, a woman talking to a snake who was I presume Satan in disguise. Sounds very sane.

So is it Satan talking through me, or do you think I actually am Satan?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Dec 13

No, in my mothers house, they know better than bring Christmas presents to my house. They know I am pure and Holy.
It seems hypercritical to allow people to give your kids Christmas presents and allow your kids to accept them as long as it is in someone else's house, then bring the presents home. More than hypocritical actually, I'd say it was also mean spirited and selfish. I assume you don't buy gifts in return? Boy, you really are something to behold carrobie.

F

Moves
23 Dec 13

No i didn't read it, the thread is not about race, its about a guy being suspended because he calls out gays for being illogical as far as i can discern.
He was suspended NOT because of his belief.
He was suspended because HOW he worded it. His little speech was simply shameful.
I applaud A&E for their decision.

rc

Moves
23 Dec 13
6 edits

It seems hypercritical to allow people to give your kids Christmas presents and allow your kids to accept them as long as it is in someone else's house, then bring the presents home. More than hypocritical actually, I'd say it was also mean spirited and selfish. I assume you don't buy gifts in return? Boy, you really are something to behold carrobie.
Of course i don't buy Christmas gifts but I cannot prevent others from doing so, but I buy lots for my nephews and nieces at other times, not that its any of your business. Have i told you your inability to raise an issue above a personal level is the reflection of a spirituality that is devoid of anything, I would be more worried about that if I were you than poking your nose into other peoples affairs. You appear to me to be the spirituality forums gossiping housewife! Why don't you send Miss Marples up to see if she can find any mince pie crumbs?

rc

Moves
23 Dec 13
2 edits

Originally posted by Flower04
He was suspended NOT because of his belief.
He was suspended because HOW he worded it. His little speech was simply shameful.
I applaud A&E for their decision.
do you? i find nothing in his text which is either homophobiac or racist and in fact i really wonder who would be offended by it. I certainly wasn't. Perhaps you can point out what was offensive.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Dec 13

Of course i don't buy Christmas gifts but I cannot prevent others from doing so, but I buy lots for my nephews and nieces at other times, not that its any of your business. Have i told you your inability to raise an issue above a personal level is the reflection of a spirituality that is devoid of anything, I would be more worried about that if I we ...[text shortened]... ping housewife! Why don't you send Miss Marples up to see if she can find any mince pie crumbs?
I just find value in exposing you and your religious corporation's hypocrisy.

Moves
23 Dec 13
1 edit

do you? i find nothing in his text which is either homophobiac or racist and in fact i really wonder who would be offended by it. I certainly wasn't. Perhaps you can point out what was offensive.
Do you think you are a representative part of the demographic that A&E's advertisers care about?

http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/duck-dynastys-phil-robertson-suspension-why-ae-has-played-its-cards-right-1200974512/

"The swift decision-making by the A&E brass represents a new sense of urgency from nets to quiet the condemnation firestorm that spreads across the oil-drenched fields of Twitter, Facebook and blogs. “Duck Dynasty” draws in some of the most lucrative auds on TV — adults 18-34 and 18-49 — demos that are increasingly liberal-minded when it comes to matters of sexuality."

rc

Moves
23 Dec 13

I just find value in exposing you and your religious corporation's hypocrisy.
The only thing that you have exposed is your inability to lift an issue above a personal level, a reflection of a spirituality that is devoid of substance.

rc

Moves
23 Dec 13
1 edit

Originally posted by JS357
Do you think you are a representative part of the demographic that A&E's advertisers care about?

http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/duck-dynastys-phil-robertson-suspension-why-ae-has-played-its-cards-right-1200974512/

"The swift decision-making by the A&E brass represents a new sense of urgency from nets to quiet the condemnation firestorm that spreads acro ...[text shortened]... 4 and 18-49 — demos that are increasingly liberal-minded when it comes to matters of sexuality."
No I had never even heard of the guy or the show until the Gman made this thread. I still fail to see what was offensive about his comments and it appears to me that those who are offended must be total pansies.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
23 Dec 13

Originally posted by Great King Rat
Yes, a woman talking to a snake who was I presume Satan in disguise. Sounds very sane.

So is it Satan talking through me, or do you think I actually am Satan?
You know it really doesn't matter whether you or others here don't believe it or not to me.
But what should matter and sadly someday if you still believe as you do now, you will learn from God himself just how real he is. The bible says ones in this situation will beg to be put to death because of the fear they will experiance in the face of God's wrath.
Jehovah makes it clear that either one is for him or against him. So you tell me who you represent......

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
23 Dec 13

Originally posted by galveston75
It's been discussed many times. Do you not remember?
Well obviously not, otherwise I wouldn't be asking.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
23 Dec 13

No I had never even heard of the guy or the show until the Gman made this thread. I still fail to see what was offensive about his comments and it appears to me that those who are offended must be total pansies.
I've never actually watched it either. Just not my cup of sweet tea.... Lol