Edures to the end

Edures to the end

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
16 Jul 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
When we first get saved God does a number on us, there were a few things in my life that
just stopped, and others I had to walk with God working on them. Which is why I will cut
someone slack, not because as you have correctly said they are in sin, but that doesn't
mean that God has not started working on them, showing them a better way. We don't
always ...[text shortened]... or, sometimes sanctification
does take awhile to get us to see the light, and God's better way.
God working on them and how the Bible instructs us are two different things.

Accepting someone who is in rebellion to God and will not take correction is not what the Bible says to do. You feel that being accepting is more important than following Biblical instruction.

That's no bueno.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Jul 17

When we first get saved God does a number on us, there were a few things in my life that
just stopped, and others I had to walk with God working on them. Which is why I will cut
someone slack, not because as you have correctly said they are in sin, but that doesn't
mean that God has not started working on them, showing them a better way. We don't
always ...[text shortened]... or, sometimes sanctification
does take awhile to get us to see the light, and God's better way.
The worst of all sins is the one in which so-called Christians advise people that the following of Christ's commandments are not required. You are guilty of that. You preach a version of mouth worship. You will beheld accountable for that deception of people who do not know better.

So God did not do a number on you otherwise you would have known that. The pastor and the church doctrine did a number on you. You need to clean up yourself before its too late.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Jul 17

Originally posted by Eladar
God working on them and how the Bible instructs us are two different things.

Accepting someone who is in rebellion to God and will not take correction is not what the Bible says to do. You feel that being accepting is more important than following Biblical instruction.

That's no bueno.
When I say works on them it is repentance. Read the scriptures it is loaded with verses telling believers that they need to get their act together. Telling them to change their ways! What you do is just condemn them and automatically assume that they have nothing to do with the Lord. That's like thowing the baby out with the bath water.

E

Moves
16 Jul 17

When I say works on them it is repentance. Read the scriptures it is loaded with verses telling believers that they need to get their act together. Telling them to change their ways! What you do is just condemn them and automatically assume that they have nothing to do with the Lord. That's like thowing the baby out with the bath water.
Only a handful of people who post here could possibly know God.

As for my point, all I can do is admonish you with scripture. If you were in the majority around here I wouldn't bother.

What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”[a]

Do you believe this scripture ever applies to you?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Jul 17
1 edit

As for my point, all I can do is admonish you with scripture. If you were in the majority around here I wouldn't bother.

[b]What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”[a]

Do you believe this scripture ever applies to you?[/b]
You do that!

It all applies.

F

Moves
16 Jul 17

FMF: [to KellyJay about his OP] By "walk away" do you mean 'lack belief'?

Originally posted by dj2becker
I think he is referring to those who have believed at some point but have now given up.
Oh well, yet another thread of dogmatic interest to some Christians only, and of no spiritual value, substance or relevance to anyone else.

E

Moves
16 Jul 17

You do that!

It all applies.
I asked if you would ever expel the immoral brother.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Jul 17

[b]What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”[a]

Do you believe this scripture ever applies to you?[/b]
You called me a child of the devil, then accused me lying about what you said. If I am wrong than correct me! Falsely accusing me of saying things that can be quoted by either of us that was not true was shocking.

E

Moves
16 Jul 17

You called me a child of the devil, then accused me lying about what you said. If I am wrong than correct me! Falsely accusing me of saying things that can be quoted by either of us that was not true was shocking.
We know one thing for sure, you do not answer simple direct questions. This is typical around here. Maybe you are just a wolf afterall.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 Jul 17

We know one thing for sure, you do not answer simple direct questions. This is typical around here. Maybe you are just a wolf afterall.
What question did I not answer?

E

Moves
17 Jul 17
1 edit

This question. It is a simple yes or no.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 Jul 17

This question. It is a simple yes or no.
The answer could be yes or no, most questions are not simple. Ask again!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Jul 17

I would not do that. I would leave that for God to judge.
Pauls advice [like some others] are suitable for 2000 years ago in the early church.
It is not necessarily the best thing to do today.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 Jul 17

Yes

E

Moves
17 Jul 17

Yes
Under what condition would you expel a brother who has sinned?