1. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    28 May '05 03:13
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    What do you consider overweight?

The kilograms you weigh too much, mister !
  2. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    28 May '05 03:19
    Originally posted by vistesd
    In Hebrew, each letter also stands for a number (there are no numerals in Biblical Hebrew). Now, the word for bear is spelled dalet bet (DB, pronounced dob; there were no real vowels in Hebrew either: sometimes a consonant could also have a vowel sound, and vowel markings were added later). Dalet is the fourth letter of the Hebrew alphabet, ...[text shortened]... aning,” but all the possible meanings, looking for symbolism, metaphor, word-plays, even puns.

..... a breeze of fresh air.

Thank you, my friend.
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    28 May '05 03:21
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

The kilograms you weigh too much, mister !
    Tell me the truth. Are you secretly attracted to me? Is that what all this latent hostility has been about all these years? You can tell me the truth. I will not shame you, but I don't know that I'm willin to lose weight fo ya. I'm so comfortable wit myself, I will feel flattered in some sick way.
  4. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    28 May '05 03:28
    Tell me the truth. Are you secretly attracted to me? Is that what all this latent hostility has been about all these years? You can tell me the truth. I will not shame you, but I don't know that I'm willin to lose weight fo ya. I'm so comfortable wit myself, I will feel flattered in some sick way.

Kirk, only people with a Narcissus complex think and talk like that. I don't believe the tricks you are performing to hide the fact that you are overweight. Tell me the truth .... and I bet you're bald too.
  5. Joined
    01 Dec '04
    Moves
    28 May '05 03:34

Kirk, only people with a Narcissus complex think and talk like that. I don't believe the tricks you are performing to hide the fact that you are overweight. Tell me the truth .... and I bet you're bald too.
    Well, I am bald. In fact, I somewhat resemble a Buddha statue.
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    28 May '05 03:38

It is widely known that I do not have much hair. No one could look at my pic and say that I am overweight though. I used to be a good runner but had a severe knee injury and cannot run anymore. Because I can't run, I do other exercises to stay fit. Have you know shame calling me overwieght when I have a physical condition that limits me. If I were as unstable as you think I am, I would start purging to lose weight.
  7. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    28 May '05 03:38

Why do you think Reverend Kirksey is overweight?
  8. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    28 May '05 03:42
    Beyond me, froggy. 😕 I really don't know a lot about mythology in general. If we were talking Hebrew, I'd start by looking up the Hebrew word for "horn." (Is the Enuma Elish written in a Semitic language, that would be related to Hebrew? I think you said once, but I forget.)

I just like to play with the Hebrew and midrash, but I am far from fluent--I have to use a lot of tools.
    I think Babylonian was Semitic.

this is from the site I looking at:

This is an etext of L.W. Kings' authoritative work on the Enuma Elish, the Babylonian creation myth. This etext includes the complete introduction, and the English text of the Enuma Elish and other related texts, with selected footnotes. The Enuma Elish is the earliest written creation myth, in which the God Marduk battles the chaos Goddess Tiamat and her evil minions. The name 'Enuma Elish' is derived from the first two words of the myth, meaning 'When in the Height'. Tiamat takes the form of a gigantic snake, and Marduk battles and defeats her using an arsenal of super-weapons. After his victory Marduk is made the leader of the Gods by acclamation. Marduk divides Tiamat's corpse into two portions, the upper half becoming the sky and the lower half, the earth. Marduk then creates humanity from his blood and bone.

The Enuma Elish has long been considered by scholars to be primary source material for the book of Genesis. It has also been hypothesized that this is a legend about the overthrow of the matriarchy or records of some cosmic catastrophe.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/ane/stc/index.htm
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    28 May '05 03:43
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    I think Babylonian was Semitic.

this is from the site I looking at:

This is an etext of L.W. Kings' authoritative work on the Enuma Elish, the Babylonian creation myth. This etext includes the complete introduction, and the English text of the Enuma Elish and other related texts, with selected footnotes. The Enuma Elish is the earliest writt ...[text shortened]... archy or records of some cosmic catastrophe.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/ane/stc/index.htm
    We don't care about that anymore. Could we stay on topic about my so-called weight problem?
  10. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    28 May '05 03:47
    Originally posted by Metamorphosis

Overweight too .... mmmm ..... 😛
  11. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    28 May '05 03:48
    Originally posted by Metamorphosis
    Okay, since you guys have me playing tonight—just for fun:

The Hebrew word for “bald” used in the relevant passage is QeReaH (spelled qof, resh, hey). Now, the letters QRH (with different vowel points), can also mean “cold,” from the QR root, meaning “cool,” “cold” or “quiet.” The same root, with the letter reversed—RQ—can mean “thin” or “lean”….

Wow, is this “on point” to the discussion here, or what?

So, with a fast and loose midrashic “spin:” We could be talkin’ about a lean, cool dude!
  12. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    28 May '05 03:50

The Hebrew word for “bald” used in the relevant passage is QeReaH (spelled qof, resh, hey). Now, the letters QRH (with different vowel points), can also mean “cold,” from the QR root, meaning “cool,” “cold” or “quiet.” The same root, with the letter reversed—RQ—can mean “thin” or “lean”…. ...[text shortened]... ?

So, with a fast and loose midrashic “spin:” We could be talkin’ about a lean, cool dude!
    Thank you! That would be me! Did I mention that my permanent limp was from wrestling an angel?
  13. Not Kansas
    Moves
    28 May '05 03:53

The Hebrew word for “bald” used in the relevant passage is QeReaH (spelled qof, resh, hey). Now, the letters QRH (with different vowel points), can also mean “cold,” from the QR root, meaning “cool,” “cold” or “quiet.” The same root, with the letter reversed—RQ—can mean “thin” or “lean”…. ...[text shortened]... ?

So *that's* why they called him Baldo instead of Fatso!
  14. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    28 May '05 03:54
    It is widely known that I do not have much hair. No one could look at my pic and say that I am overweight though. I used to be a good runner but had a severe knee injury and cannot run anymore. Because I can't run, I do other exercises to stay fit. Have you know shame calling me overwieght when I have a physical condition that limits me. If I were as unstable as you think I am, I would start purging to lose weight.

Now please don't try to make people believe that it is actually your pic in your avatar-box.

Kirk: " Have you know shame calling me overwieght when I have a physical condition that limits me."

If that is your biggest problem call yourself blessed. I am not impressed. My neighbour's granny also doesn't run and she is as thin as can be. No excuses.

15. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    28 May '05 03:54
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    So *that's* why they called him Baldo instead of Fatso!
    LOL!! 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree