Elisha and the Bears

Elisha and the Bears

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
28 May 05

Originally posted by ivanhoe

Now please don't try to make people believe that it is actually your pic in your avatar-box.

Let he who is without sin throw the first stone. I don't recall you ever having your real picture as your avatar.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
28 May 05

Now please don't try to make people believe that it is actually your pic in your avatar-box.

Kirk: " Have you know shame calling me overwieght when I have a physical condition that limits me."

If that is your biggest problem call yourself blessed. I am not impressed. My neighbour's granny also doesn't run and she is as thin as can be. No excuses.

I dare you to start a thread entitled "Who thinks Kirk is a fat ass?" You have my complete support to do this.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
28 May 05

Originally posted by vistesd
Okay, since you guys have me playing tonight—just for fun:

The Hebrew word for “bald” used in the relevant passage is QeReaH (spelled qof, resh, hey). Now, the letters QRH (with different vowel points), can also mean “cold,” from the QR root, meaning “cool,” “cold” or “quiet.” The same root, with the letter reversed—RQ—can mean “thin” or “lean”…. ...[text shortened]... ?

So, with a fast and loose midrashic “spin:” We could be talkin’ about a lean, cool dude!

Well, calling Kirk bald I haven't noticed any she-bears coming my way yet.

Hmmm . . .

Moves
28 May 05

Well, calling Kirk bald I haven't noticed any she-bears coming my way yet.

LOL! But beware of the number 42.... 😉

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
28 May 05

Originally posted by kirksey957
I dare you to start a thread entitled "Who thinks Kirk is a fat ass?" You have my complete support to do this.

This is RHP, not some other ..... site.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
28 May 05

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Let he who is without sin throw the first stone. I don't recall you ever having your real picture as your avatar.
As you know , Doctor, we negroes get a lot of stones throwed at us for just being who we is.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
28 May 05

Originally posted by vistesd
LOL! But beware of the number 42.... 😉

Kirk, are you by any chance 42 years old ?

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
28 May 05

As you know , Doctor, we negroes get a lot of stones throwed at us for just being who we is.

Kirk, you are not black ! ... stop pretending !

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
28 May 05

This is RHP, not some other ..... site.
Since this is about gluttony, one of the seven deadly sins, I think it appropiate to keep it in the spiritual forums. Since you addressed my weight, will you please start a thread about who thinks I am a fat ass.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
28 May 05

Kirk, you are not black ! ... stop pretending !
You are not a seismograph. Stop pretending.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
28 May 05

Thank you! That would be me! Did I mention that my permanent limp was from wrestling an angel?

No you didn't mention that before. You once shot yourself in the foot. That explains your limp much better.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
28 May 05

Since this is about gluttony, one of the seven deadly sins, I think it appropiate to keep it in the spiritual forums. Since you addressed my weight, will you please start a thread about who thinks I am a fat ass.

I never said that. We were talking about physical shortcomings and the deathpenalty, remember ?

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
28 May 05
3 edits

We don't care about that anymore. Could we stay on topic about my so-called weight problem?
I have research your problem ans have found a solution!

AFter an emumeration of some few examples concerning the preva-lency of Nature and Art (that by these few we may gather many,) by these parts the whole; and so from particulars, universals, which will demonstrate the unnecessary aspiring to Magick, since both Nature and Art afford such sufficencies. I shall now endeavour a methodical procedure in singulars, laying open both the causes and wayes in particular: and yet I will call to mind how as Secrets (of * Nature) {* Deest in alio.} are not committed to Goats-skins and Sheeps-pelts, that every clown may understand them, if we follow Socrates or Aristotle. For the latter in his Secreta Secretarum affirmes, He breaketh the Heavenly Seal, who communicateth the Secrets of Nature and Art; the disclosing of Secrets and Mysteries, producing many inconveniences. In this case Aulus Gellius in Noct. Atti. de Collatione Sapientum, sayes, It's but folly to profer Lettices to an Asse, since hee's content With his Thistles. Et in lib. lapidum, The divulging of Mysteries is the diminution of their Majesty, nor indeed continues that to be a Secret, of which the whole fry of men is conscious.
For that which all men, which wise, and the more noted men affirme is truth. That therefore which is held by the multitude, as a multitude, must be false ; I mean of that multitude, which is distinct from knowing men. The multitude, it's true, agree with wise men in the more vulgar conceptions of their mind; but when they ascend to the proper principles and conclusions of Sciences and Arts, they much dissent (striving to get onely the appearancies in Sophismes and subtilties which wise men altogether reject.) {Al. Vacans sophisinatibus & inutilibus.} And this their ignorance of the properties and Secrets, makes the division from knowing men. Though the common conception of the mind, have all one Rule and Agreement with knowing men. Yet as for common things, they are of small value, nor enquirable for themselves, but rather for particular and proper ends.
The Reason then, why wise men have obscured their Mysteries from the multitude, was, because of their deriding and flighting wise mens Secrets of wisdome, being also ignorant to make a right use of such excellent matters. For if an accident help them to the knowledge of a worthy Mystery, they wrest and abuse it to the manifold inconvenience of persons and communities. Hee's then not discreet, who writes and Secrets, unlesse he conceal it from the vulgar, and make the more intelligent pay some labour and sweat before they understand it.

Roger Bacon ( note the fattening food name)

edit the next chapter is about how to make Philosophers Egge

2nd edit iI just noticed his title was Friar Bacon

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
28 May 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
I have research your problem ans have found a solution!

AFter an emumeration of some few examples concerning the preva-lency of Nature and Art (that by these few we may gather many,) by these parts the whole; and so from particulars, universals, which will demonstrate the unnecessary aspiring to Magick, since both Nature and Art afford such su ...[text shortened]... me labour and sweat before they understand it.

Roger Bacon ( note the fattening food name)

My God, it's Friday !

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
28 May 05

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
You are not a seismograph. Stop pretending.

A cook who calls himself Doctor ...... go and have some counseling, please.

.... and by the way, you're not black either, Dear Doctor.