End times

End times

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
15 Nov 20

@fmf said
Presumably you think you are a more independent-minded Christian than he is.
Is that an accusation?

F

Moves
15 Nov 20

@secondson said
Is that an accusation?
If you don't think you are, it's OK.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
15 Nov 20

@fmf said
What kind of things are referred to by the term "kingdom business"?
Well, to be honest, you'll have to wait till the Kingdom is established to find out.

Maybe I'll get a job beating swords into plow shears. ๐Ÿค” ๐Ÿ˜„

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
15 Nov 20

@rajk999 said
Is that the best you can do ?
I'm waiting to see your best.

F

Moves
15 Nov 20

@secondson said
So what's your point? Do you think Galveston was saying the human race will be wiped out and become extinct?
Galveston75 believes the world will be destroyed. My point is, as I said, if the human race gets wiped out, whether people were using the word "planet" or "world" beforehand to refer to their habitat, then what does it matter? Death is the end. And if humans become extinct, then so will language.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
15 Nov 20

@fmf said
If you don't think you are, it's OK.
Then I'll ask you the same question. Do you think you are a more independent-minded individual than Galveston?

You can pass on answering because I already know what you think, and that's ok.

F

Moves
15 Nov 20

@secondson said
what I actually think is that you're making hay over Galveston's misunderstanding and misapplication of biblical theology relative to the "end times" and the "last days", which is your prerogative of course, but it is a fruitless and vain pursuit to question a person out on the fringes of accepted scholarship with regards to the biblical narrative, by you an unbeliever.
I don't really see how whatever you happen to think is "accepted scholarship" affects what I say to galveston75.

F

Moves
15 Nov 20

@secondson said
Then I'll ask you the same question. Do you think you are a more independent-minded individual than Galveston?
Yes, of course.

F

Moves
15 Nov 20

@secondson said
You can pass on answering because I already know what you think, and that's ok.
Do you think you are a more independent-minded Christian than galveston75 is?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
15 Nov 20

@fmf said
Galveston75 believes the world will be destroyed. My point is, as I said, if the human race gets wiped out, whether people were using the word "planet" or "world" beforehand to refer to their habitat, then what does it matter? Death is the end. And if humans become extinct, then so will language.
Can't you see how convoluted the logic of that kind of reasoning is?

The whole matter concerning the "last days" and "end times" is laid out clearly in the narrative of the Bible. Nowhere in it does it say the human race is wiped out and becomes extinct.

Sorry I horned in on your discussion with Galveston. Have at it with him if you think it'll do you any good.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
15 Nov 20

@fmf said
Do you think you are a more independent-minded Christian than galveston75 is?
Irrelevant.

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Nov 20
1 edit

@rajk999 said
Whether you, or I, or Second Son, keep the commandments is of no consequence to this discussion. We are supposed to objectively discussing the teachings of the bible. Bringing in personalities and personal business is the occupation of the small minded and you keep doing it.

The answer to your question however is no. Your opinion about me does not bother me. That is for you do deal with.
I have NO judgment of you in this matter, but yes I do have an opinion; this forum is nothing but opinions surely.

My opinion on your assertions is this: I have no interested in reading the opinion of a hypocrite ; I.e. one who preaches this, but doesn’t do it himself.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
15 Nov 20

@fmf said
Yes, of course.
Yet you debate with Galveston while not believing a word he says.

And what makes the whole process more strange to witness is the fact that Galveston has the mind of a person brainwashed but a cult.

F

Moves
15 Nov 20

@secondson said
The whole matter concerning the "last days" and "end times" is laid out clearly in the narrative of the Bible. Nowhere in it does it say the human race is wiped out and becomes extinct.
galveston75 believes the world is being destroyed by the human race behaviour. He mentioned pollution for example. If the Earth becomes uninhabitable and "the world " is destroyed, then I believe it will be because of natural causes not supernatural ones. Quibbling over the terms "the planet" and "the world" [and which gets destroyed, and therefore where all the supposedly immortal Jehovah's Witnesses will live] is, in my view, moot.

F

Moves
15 Nov 20

@secondson said
Yet you debate with Galveston while not believing a word he says.
That's what this forum is for: debating with people who have different beliefs.