1. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    02 Nov '20 15:32
    I think it's the growing anxiety of the uncertainty of the changes that Covid19 appears to be bringing our world.

Have you thought, "Oh, this is the end times" ?

For: More earthquakes.

Against: No mark on the right hand or forehead to buy and sell (Revelation 13), we still have islands and mountains (Revelation 16).
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '20 15:35
    @yo-its-me said
    I think it's the growing anxiety of the uncertainty of the changes that Covid19 appears to be bringing our world.

Against: No mark on the right hand or forehead to buy and sell (Revelation 13), we still have islands and mountains (Revelation 16).
    I find the world to be a worsening place irrespective of Covid.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Nov '20 15:45
    @yo-its-me said

The end times started since Jesus ascended into heaven over 2000 yrs ago and each generation since has told of the impending doom likely to happen in their lifetime. Nothing has changed really.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Nov '20 15:47
    @divegeester said
    I find the world to be a worsening place irrespective of Covid.
    Agreed, except for technical and medical advances. Its nothing short of amazing in those areas. I think we take much of the good stuff it for granted though.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Nov '20 16:24
    @yo-its-me said

I maintain much optimism for our species in the future. Our journey has barely begun.

Your question could just as easily have been put to humans in the mid 17th century when they were struggling with the plague or at countless other times in our shared history.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Nov '20 16:25
    @rajk999 said
    Agreed, except for technical and medical advances. Its nothing short of amazing in those areas. I think we take much of the good stuff it for granted though.
    Those are two mighty exceptions.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Nov '20 16:54
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Those are two mighty exceptions.
    Indeed. I often wonder what life is going to be like in about 30 to 50 yrs for the next generation. Its going to be truly amazing, almost like some sci-fi movie. If only people could stop fighting over the petty stuff... like race and religion.
  8. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    02 Nov '20 17:34
    @yo-its-me said

i, for one, understand yer anxiety
    the unknown has always brought about uncertainty, and the human mind has a terrible tendency to leap towards the most extreme consequences it can imagine

and,
    hoo boy what an imagination the human mind has at its disposal

i do not think this is the end times
    i do think this is the time(era) before the next time(era)
    and that time(era), is the time(era) before the time(era) after that time(era)

and i think that any of the sentient stars in the universe we can observe that happen to notice human activity (not likely) would only be an amusement to them
  9. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    02 Nov '20 17:41
    https://apnews.com/article/dutch-whale-tail-sculpture-catches-train-de0577175ba65260b4bd0923bf7b4a08

Dutch whale tail sculpture catches metro train

humans have not/prolly will not save the whales
    and yet an artist's sculpture of a whale's tail has saved humans from a fiery end

these are not the end times
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Nov '20 18:17
    @rajk999 said
    Indeed. I often wonder what life is going to be like in about 30 to 50 yrs for the next generation. Its going to be truly amazing, almost like some sci-fi movie. If only people could stop fighting over the petty stuff... like race and religion.
    Wish I had just been born. Exciting days ahead. (Especially in relation to technology).
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Nov '20 20:41
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Wish I had just been born. Exciting days ahead. (Especially in relation to technology).
    Same here, however the last 30 yrs have been pretty amazing, the 90s to now.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Nov '20 21:08
    @rajk999 said
    Same here, however the last 30 yrs have been pretty amazing, the 90s to now.
    The rate of progress has indeed been accelerating.

That said, to go from the Wright brothers of 1903 to the moon landing of 1969 is also pretty mind-blowing.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Nov '20 21:30
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    The rate of progress has indeed been accelerating.

That said, to go from the Wright brothers of 1903 to the moon landing of 1969 is also pretty mind-blowing.
    When you look back at the 1900s, I would say God had a hand in all of that. That century had it all, the rise and fall of communism, the attempted annihilation of the Jews and the Jews returning to Israel, 2 world wars and many decades of relative peace, plus some rather extraordinary changes in the way people think. The best is yet to come ... Jesus will return soon 😀
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '20 23:44
    Technology almost always advances, even in wartime; perhaps not on the dark ages. The quality of life by which we may measure our progress is largely independent of most technologies, even healthcare. We all die. Does the well being of the older people segment of our society increase the aggregate happiness of our species? I think not.

Socially, religiously and politically we are a mess as a species. We are more divided than ever and technology is the key tool for driving that division. Climate change is worsening as is hunger, poverty, social inequality and the generational schism.

Yes there is wonderful generosity and natural beauty but when I look at us objectively, we are broken and sick.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Nov '20 00:001 edit
    @divegeester said
    Technology almost always advances, even in wartime; perhaps not on the dark ages. The quality of life by which we may measure our progress is largely independent of most technologies, even healthcare. We all die. Does the well being of the older people segment of our society increase the aggregate happiness of our species? I think not.

Socially, religiously and pol ...[text shortened]... s wonderful generosity and natural beauty but when I look at us objectively, we are broken and sick.
    Putting technology aside the world is a far better place than in any previous century. In particular there is far more regard for human life now that any time period before, as there was very little law and order. People did as they pleased, the strong invaded and killed people just because they felt like it. The UN and other institutions set up after WW2, brought some unity and peace and helped to control rogue countries like never before.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree