1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Sep '14 02:23
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    What the Bible says has nothing to do with me or you.

You are a scatter brain. Focus on what the Bible says.
    Wow, it would be really hard for me to think up anything more nonsensical than this.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '14 02:27
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Wow, it would be really hard for me to think up anything more nonsensical than this.
    Almost all the Christians here say something along the lines of "What the Bible says has nothing to do with me or you." KellyJay, josephw, whodey, Grampy Bobby come to mind but there are others.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Sep '14 02:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    For things we imagine to make us sad sometimes is a part of the human condition. But I would say that finding something in your imagination to be "the saddest thing [that one] can think about", to me, is the human spirit misdirected and its capacity possibly being squandered.
    What you miss is that it is NOT just "his imagination". It IS sad to think that many, perhaps even most in these latter days, who hear of Christ's gift on the cross reject it. Mostly due to their own vanities. Such is the lure, or temptation, of sin.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Sep '14 02:341 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Almost all the Christians here say something along the lines of "What the Bible says has nothing to do with me or you." KellyJay, josephw, whodey, Grampy Bobby come to mind but there are others.
    Well, I say that the Bible is God's "owner's manual" for life.

As such, it's got EVERYTHING to do with us. There is a clear message here, along with warnings, aimed directly at us. How can it "have nothing to do with me or you"?

And I think it's especially bizarre for Rajk to say this, since he's often the one in this thread treating the Bible as his God.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '14 02:35
    What you miss is that it is NOT just "his imagination". It IS sad to think that many, perhaps even most in these latter days, who hear of Christ's gift on the cross reject it. Mostly due to their own vanities. Such is the lure, or temptation, of sin.
    I have been given no evidence that the "eternal torture" threat is anything other than a figment of his imagination. If there is any "vanity" going on here, it is that of Christians who insist that this grotesque threat of violence and revenge and punishment by their "loving" God figure which is in their imagination, is somehow a "reality" for non-Christians.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '14 02:37
    Well, I say that the Bible is God's "owner's manual" for life.

As such, it's got EVERYTHING to do with us. There is a clear message here, along with warnings, aimed directly at us. How can it "have nothing to do with me or you"?

And I think it's especially bizarre for Rajk to say this, since he's often the one in this thread treating the Bible as his God.
    "What the Bible says has nothing to do with me or you", or words to that effect, is used by numerous Christians here to mean 'you and I can't change what's actually in the Bible, it is what it is, and it says what it says, regardless of what you and I may think or want.'
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Sep '14 02:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    "What the Bible says has nothing to do with me or you", or words to that effect, is used by numerous Christians here to mean 'you and I can't change what's actually in the Bible, it is what it is, and it says what it says, regardless of what you and I may think or want.'
    That's not nearly the same as saying "What the Bible says has nothing to do with me or you". It's not the same at all.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Sep '14 02:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have been given no evidence that the "eternal torture" threat is anything other than a figment of his imagination. If there is any "vanity" going on here, it is that of Christians who insist that this grotesque threat of violence and revenge and punishment by their "loving" God figure which is in their imagination, is somehow a "reality" for non-Christians.
    No, the vanity is that of men. Men through the ages have rejected any idea of a being more powerful, more righteous, more worthy of worship than they themselves. This why many of them set themselves up as kings, as emperors, as conquerors, even as gods. And we'll see just what the reality is soon enough.

I'm not in the "eternal torment" club, though, just thought you should know.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '14 02:48
    That's not nearly the same as saying "What the Bible says has nothing to do with me or you". It's not the same at all.
    I disagree. I think I have summarized what is meant by Christians when they say things like that, and I think I have done so accurately. And I also think to say it would be really hard for you to think up "anything more nonsensical" than what Rajk999 said is mere hyperbole ~ and inaccurate to boot.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '14 02:49
    Well KellyJay is ~ and he is the poster to whom my comment was addressed.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '14 02:51
    No, the vanity is that of men. Men through the ages have rejected any idea of a being more powerful, more righteous, more worthy of worship than they themselves. This why many of them set themselves up as kings, as emperors, as conquerors, even as gods. And we'll see just what the reality is soon enough.

KellyJay insisting that the "eternal torture" he imagines is the fate of those with different beliefs from him is "vanity".
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Sep '14 03:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    I disagree. I think I have summarized what is meant by Christians when they say things like that, and I think I have done so accurately. And I also think to say it would be really hard for you to think up "anything more nonsensical" than what Rajk999 said is mere hyperbole ~ and inaccurate to boot.
    That's okay, there are literally tons of things you think that I do not, and vice versa. For you to disrespect me for this is also one of them.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Sep '14 03:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    KellyJay insisting that the "eternal torture" he imagines is the fate of those with different beliefs from him is "vanity".
    Was there ever a time when you did not think so?
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Sep '14 03:031 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well KellyJay is ~ and he is the poster to whom my comment was addressed.
    I would have to say that the only "eternal torment" I am aware of is your treatment of him in this thread and others.

Will it ever end? Some of these pages were just painful to read.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '14 03:03
    That's okay, there are literally tons of things you think that I do not, and vice versa. For you to disrespect me for this is also one of them.
    What "disrespect" are you talking about here?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree