1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Sep '14 23:16
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    I am pointing out now that God will judge souls that don't want to be with Christ.
    What about those billions and billions of people who believe Christian claims about Jesus are far-fetched and fantastical and are simply unconvinced by your circular logic and founding assumptions, regardless of your sincerity and certainty? Do you believe they are tortured in burning agony for eternity as a "punishment"?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Sep '14 23:22
    Lastly, eternal punishment is not mans' idea, but God's in the Bible.
    Surely the ideology was developed and written down by the ancient Hebrews and then the Book of Revelation was written by Christians in the early centuries of their breakaway religion's existence?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Sep '14 00:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    Surely the ideology was developed and written down by the ancient Hebrews and then the Book of Revelation was written by Christians in the early centuries of their breakaway religion's existence?
    You do know Revelations was an anti Rome tract that was just taken over as a christian thing don't you?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '14 01:04
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You do know Revelations was an anti Rome tract that was just taken over as a christian thing don't you?
    It scarcely matters. The point is that the claim its content is "not man's idea, but God's..." is the ground zero of the circular logic that shores the whole ideology up.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Sep '14 08:081 edit
    FMF,
    The reason I brought up the information below is to bring up the alternative that God letting sin continue forever rather than ending sin's presence in God's desire is the opposite of punishment forever. I am pointing out now that God will judge souls that don't want to be with Christ.

Do you believe that God will simply accept what He calls "s ...[text shortened]... y do you think that God will not put an end to this existence of human experience?
    ============
    FMF says he once believed in God and then made the choice to not believe in God, because he heard the song, "I did it my way" and was inspired to do it his own way. 😀

YouTube
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '14 08:27
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    FMF says he once believed in God and then made the choice to not believe in God, because he heard the song, "I did it my way" and was inspired to do it his own way.
    No, I started to doubt the credibility of the evidence and once one loses one's belief in the literature and the claims it makes, then the belief is lost as there is nothing to shore it up. It took some time. It was not sudden.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree