eve and her std's

eve and her std's

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
30 Jan 13

Originally posted by FMF
Because my perspective is different from yours. I believe that injustice, corruption, greed and exploitation are being tackled by humanity and I am optimistic. I don't believe there is going to be any "great tribulation" that will bring "an end of wickedness and all that it encompasses". I don't subscribe to these superstitions. I believe that mankind will face ...[text shortened]... simistic as he is over these issues of the state of the world and the human condition.
That is not what I am asking you FMF, let me repeat the question, I am asking you why you exclusively emphasised the aspect of carnage and did not make a single mention of an end of injustice, corruption, greed or exploitation in Galvestons case?

F

Moves
30 Jan 13
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
at the very least its a bias, an unwillingness to see anything other than our own perspective, ironic considering that this is the very accusation you are making against me, despite the incontrovertible evidence to the contrary.
But I do see galveston75's perspective; he expresses it here on this forum all the time. But I also have my own perspective. The perspective I am expressing here is mine. I am not trying to express galveston75's perspective. I am a critic of galveston75's perspective.

F

Moves
30 Jan 13

That is not what I am asking you FMF, let me repeat the question, I am asking you why you exclusively emphasised the aspect of carnage and did not make a single mention of an end of injustice, corruption, greed or exploitation in Galvestons case?
As I suggested, a possible motivation for galveston75's attitude to the carnage he "can't wait for" is the fact that members of the Jehovah's Witnesses organization tell themselves they are the only people who have hope of surviving it, and I believe the notion that there will be some supernatural power that brings "an end of injustice, corruption, greed or exploitation" is superstitious nonsense. As far as I am concerned it is a figment of your imagination. I will let you and galveston75 propagate these superstitions. I will not.

rc

Moves
30 Jan 13
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
But I do see galveston75's perspective; he expresses it here on this forum all the time. But I also have my own perspective. The perspective I am expressing here is mine. I am not trying to express galveston75's perspective. I am a critic galveston75's perspective.
Then why don't you answer the question, if you have acknowledged his perspective and portrayed it accurately as you claim, why have you not made a single mention of his desire to see an end of wickedness, corruption, greed and exploitation? It doesn't add up FMF.

rc

Moves
30 Jan 13

Originally posted by FMF
As I suggested, a possible motivation for galveston75's attitude to the carnage he "can't wait for" is the fact that members of the Jehovah's Witnesses organization tell themselves they are the only people who have hope of surviving it, and I believe the notion that there will be some supernatural power that brings "an end of injustice, corruption, greed or expl ...[text shortened]... ur imagination. I will let you and galveston75 propagate these superstitions. I will not.
yes, quite, but thats not what I am asking you, is it.

F

Moves
30 Jan 13

Then why don't you answer the question, if you have acknowledged his perspective and portrayed it accurately as you claim, why have you not made a single mention of his desire to see an end of wickedness, corruption, greed and exploitation? It doesn't add up FMF.
It is acknowledged in my long post near the bottom of page 15. There is repeated reference to what it is that galveston75 desires to see the end of.

rc

Moves
30 Jan 13
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
It is acknowledged in my long post near the bottom of page 15. There is repeated reference to what it is that galveston75 desires to see the end of.
no you have not made a single mention of his desire to see and end of wickedness, corruption, greed and exploitation as far as I can discern, will you please provide the quotation which acknowledges these things - thanks.

F

Moves
30 Jan 13

no you have not made a single mention of his desire to see and end of wickedness, corruption, greed and exploitation as far as I can discern, will you please provide the quotation which acknowledges these things - thanks.
Not a single mention? I mentioned galveston75's views on the supposedly "impending" carnage repeatedly. It was me who mentioned that he talks of "disobedient humans being destroyed". It was me who mentioned that he talks about "God and his son [getting] rid of wickedness and all that it implies", about "[people practising] things that God's Word shows to be wicked," and that "if they persist in this course, they will be among those who perish during the great tribulation", and about "the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil" and "God and his son wiping this earth clean of the filth that has taken it over and curing all sickness and even death". This is all information about galveston75's views that I have contributed to this thread's discussion. For you to claim I "have not made a single mention of his desire to see an end" to "wicked" things is odd.

rc

Moves
30 Jan 13
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Not a single mention? I mentioned galveston75's views on the supposedly "impending" carnage repeatedly. It was me who mentioned that he talks of "disobedient humans being destroyed". It was me who mentioned that he talks about "God and his son [getting] rid of wickedness and all that it implies", about "[people practising] things that God's Word shows to be wic a single mention of his desire to see an end" to "wicked" things is odd.
again this is exactly the point i am making, of course you have mentioned the impending carnage, exclusively so, but i see you make no mention of anything else, despite Galveston himself stating, 'getting rid of wickedness and all that it implies', and despite being asked to do so. If you have correctly portrayed his position, why have you made no reference to what an end of wickedness implies and instead have focused exclusively on the impending carnage? Its not adding up FMF. I think you owe him an apology.

F

Moves
30 Jan 13
1 edit

again this is exactly the point i am making, of course you have mentioned the impending carnage, exclusively so, but i see you make no mention of anything else....
"No mention of anything else"? What on earth are you on about?

Here it is again:

It was me who mentioned that galveston75 talks of "disobedient humans being destroyed".

It was me who mentioned that galveston75 talks about "God and his son [getting] rid of wickedness and all that it implies"

And about "[people practising] things that God's Word shows to be wicked," and that "if they persist in this course, they will be among those who perish during the great tribulation".

And about "the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil",

It was me who mentioned that galveston75 talks of "God and his son wiping this earth clean of the filth that has taken it over and curing all sickness and even death".

It was me who mentioned all these things, in addition to mentioning the "carnage". For you to say "I see you make no mention of anything else" doesn't make any sense.

F

Moves
30 Jan 13

I think you owe him an apology.
I disagree. I offered to apologize if I could not substantiate what I had said about his views. You can refer to my long post near the bottom of page 15 where it is clear I have substantiated it. I have no reason to apologize.

rc

Moves
30 Jan 13
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
"No mention of anything else"? What on earth are you on about?

Here it is again:

It was me who mentioned that galveston75 talks of "disobedient humans being destroyed".

It was me who mentioned that galveston75 talks about "God and his son [getting] rid of wickedness and all that it implies"

And about "[people practising] things that God's Word shows to say "I see you make no mention of anything else" doesn't make any sense.
strange i cannot find a single reference to what an end of wickedness actually implies, you seem to have either omitted to mention that it implies an end of injustice, an end of corruption, and end of exploitation and greed and instead it appears that you were content to have have focused upon the carnage and produced a somewhat skewed and distorted portrait, a caricature i would say, I guess because it suited your purposes. Oh well.

rc

Moves
30 Jan 13

Originally posted by FMF
I disagree. I offered to apologize if I could not substantiate what I had said about his views. You can refer to my long post near the bottom of page 15 where it is clear I have substantiated it. I have no reason to apologize.
You have produced a caricature of someone beliefs, attacked them personally and ignored every other aspect of that stated belief, if you find no reason to apologise then fine.

F

Moves
30 Jan 13

strange i cannot find a single reference to what an end of wickedness actually implies, you seem to have either omitted to mention that it implies an end of injustice, an end of corruption, and end of exploitation and greed and instead it appears that you were content to have have focused upon the carnage and produced a somewhat skewed and distorted portrait, a caricature i would say, I guess because it suited your purposes. Oh well.
I mentioned so called disobedient humans being destroyed, I mentioned God ridding the world of wickedness, I mentioned that there are supposedly things that God's Word shows to be wicked. I mentioned the purportedly doomed system allegedly dominated by "Satan the Devil". I mentioned how galveston75 had talked of God wiping this earth clean of the filth that has taken it over and curing all sickness and even death. It was me who mentioned all these things, in addition to mentioning the "carnage". I described what galveston75 "can't wait for" and what it is he believes will be "wiped off the planet"; it is not for me to explain or justify galveston75's beliefs or aspirations.

F

Moves
30 Jan 13

You have produced a caricature of someone beliefs, attacked them personally and ignored every other aspect of that stated belief, if you find no reason to apologise then fine.
I think the way I substantiated my characterization of his beliefs was thorough and fair. I don't need you to agree with me. And I acknowledge that you don't.