1. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '13 11:152 edits
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Firstly, you're a 43 year old man who has been posting on this website for 6 years now. That you've only just realised name calling is not an acceptable practice is bizarre in the extreme. You're 43 years old, if you were 12 years old your actions would be understandable.

Secondly, while I applaud your new found direction on this forum, personally I oap opera in the forums. I don't really see how you could make me feel better about myself.
    thats fine, whatever makes you happy 🙂 I plan to make a post with regard to spiritual lessons from the chess board, if I can get round to it and although it will be from a Christian perspective there may be some applicable principles for the non Christian.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '13 11:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am talking about his views on the state of the world and the human condition; I am not "talking about personalities". It is you who is insisting on "talking about personalities" here.
    ok FMF, please be assured that while you may find it fruitful and fulfilling, it appears to me to be rather negative, i hope you don't mind if I desist.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '13 11:26
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ok FMF, please be assured that while you may find it fruitful and fulfilling, it appears to me to be rather negative, i hope you don't mind if I desist.
    My views on the state of the world and the human condition are positive, not negative. galveston75's perspective is completely different. This has been the cause of this discussion.

And this, after all, is a discussion forum. I am a fairly longstanding contributor to this forum, and will continue to state my views and challenge the views of others. I have a reputation as a thoughtful, civil and tenacious poster who mostly lets ad hominems bounce off without response.

I will not allow things like accusations of having "an agenda of hatred" and of conducting "character assassinations" and "attacks on personality" silence me or inhibit my participation in this online community.

So, no. I do not mind if you desist.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '13 11:351 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    My views on the state of the world and the human condition are positive, not negative. galveston75's perspective is completely different. This has been the cause of this discussion.

And this, after all, is a discussion forum. I am a fairly longstanding contributor to this forum, and will continue to state my views and challenge the views of others. I have a hibit my participation in this online community.

So, no. I do not mind if you desist.
    On the contrary it has been demonstrated that your views may be viewed as positive or negative, as can Galvestons, depending upon the respective position. I hope you acknowledge this and learn from it.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '13 11:38
    On the contrary it has been demonstrated that your views may be viewed as positive or negative, as can Galvestons depending upon the respective position. I hope you acknowledge this and learn from it.
    galveston75's views on the state of the world and the human condition can in no shape or form be described as "positive" or "optimistic".

He may derive some "optimism" from his certainty that the "great tribulation" will come soon, but that is a different matter.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '13 11:421 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    galveston75's views on the state of the world and the human condition can in no shape or form be described as "positive" or "optimistic".

He may derive some "optimism" from his certainty that the "great tribulation" will come soon, but that is a different matter.
    I beg to differ, he stated that he hopes to see an end to wickedness and what that implies, an end to corruption, exploitation, avarice and debauchery, all good and positive things.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '13 11:46
    I beg to differ, he stated that he hopes to see an end to wickedness and what that implies, an end to corruption, exploitation, avarice and debauchery, all good and positive things.
    Yes that's his optimism about 'the end of the world as we know it' and a new world in which the only survivors will supposedly be members of your organization. I am talking about the state of the world and the human condition as it currently is. He repeatedly talks about the world being worse than it's ever been and how there is no point placing any faith in the ability of humanity to tackle its challenges and problems. This is like a textbook definition of "pessimism". That he is pinning his hopes on a supernatural being to come and sweep away the world as it currently is, could hardly be a more telling indication of his pessimism about the world as it currently is.
  8. Joined
    12 Oct '09
    Moves
    31 Jan '13 11:53
    I apologise wholeheartedly for calling you fatboy and if it did not make you feel good about yourself if you are on the slightly podgy side of things than I apologise for that too and will take rigorous measures to make sure it does not happen again.
    Accepted. Your remark caused me no issues, but you were not to know that. Looking forward to this new world where we are civil to each other.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '13 12:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes that's his optimism about 'the end of the world as we know it' and a new world in which the only survivors will supposedly be members of your organization. I am talking about the state of the world and the human condition as it currently is. He repeatedly talks about the world being worse than it's ever been and how there is no point placing any faith in the ...[text shortened]... d hardly be a more telling indication of his pessimism about the world as it currently is.
    perhaps you would like to explain how you will tackle avarice, corruption, exploitation and debauchery?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '13 12:06
    Originally posted by deenny
    Accepted. Your remark caused me no issues, but you were not to know that. Looking forward to this new world where we are civil to each other.
    Lets hope it lasts 🙂
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '13 12:131 edit
    perhaps you would like to explain how you will tackle avarice, corruption, exploitation and debauchery?
    People are confronting these things all around the world as we speak. galveston75 may have no confidence in their willingness or ability to do so, but I do. I certainly am not going to subscribe to a belief that the only solution is for billions of people to be destroyed and all infrastructure to be swept off the earth. I have too much optimism and positivity to invest any hope or faith - or credibility - in such a way of ending the problems faced by humanity. This has been discussed frequently - several times in 2012 alone. If you want to go over the arguments you can dig out some of the long threads that saw these things debated.
  12. Joined
    12 Oct '09
    Moves
    31 Jan '13 12:50
    You have achieved peace and harmony on the RHP forums. These are minor problems which can be worked on later
  13. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    31 Jan '13 12:52
    perhaps you would like to explain how you will tackle.....debauchery?
    I don't think we need to 'tackle' debauchery.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '13 13:06
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    I don't think we need to 'tackle' debauchery.
    Avarice, corruption and exploitation should be addressed by way of the rule of law, an empowered civil society, strengthened human rights and political activism. Debauchery should be tackled as a criminal issue if laws are broken and others harmed or coerced in some criminal way. I rather think that someone else's debauchery is none of my business. I certainly don't think humans should be "destroyed", or the infrastructure they use "wiped off the earth", for debauchery.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '13 14:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    Avarice, corruption and exploitation should be addressed by way of the rule of law, an empowered civil society, strengthened human rights and political activism. Debauchery should be tackled as a criminal issue if laws are broken and others harmed or coerced in some criminal way. I rather think that someone else's debauchery is none of my business. I certainly d ...[text shortened]... ould be "destroyed", or the infrastructure they use "wiped off the earth", for debauchery.
    That is fine, but we already have these elements in place and yet, avarice, corruption and exploitation are still rampant and you are quite wrong with regard to debauchery, it breaks up families and in the case of the Romans, an entire empire.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree