1. Maryland
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 21:31
    I cannot tell you where everything came from and neither can you!
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 21:45
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Hitchen's Razor: What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence! There is no evidence that gods exist, so gods can be dismissed.
    God covers his tracksπŸ˜‰
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 21:48
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    Two people can look at the same evidence and reach two different conclusions.
    Which means that their own bias is showing big time!!
    ( Yet They will still claim to know the "
    Absolute One Truth" )
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 21:49
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Why does dismissing God make a person his own god?

If I dismiss the yeti, do I become abominable?
    I think you already are...lol

Alll the best in the new year πŸ™‚
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 21:55
    Originally posted by whodey
    An atheist was seated next to a little girl on an airplane and he turned to her and said, “Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger.”

The little girl, who had just started to read her book, replied to the total stranger, “What would you want to talk about?”

“Oh, I don’t know,” said the atheist. ...[text shortened]... feel qualified to discuss God, Heaven and Hell, or life after death, when you don’t know sh@t?”
    News headlines: Little girl answers age old questions about god and life!!!

I beat the papers to it!
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 22:00
    An atheist was seated next to a little girl on an airplane and he turned to her and said, “Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger.”

The little girl, who had just started to read her book, replied to the total stranger, “What would you want to talk about?”

“Oh, I don’t know,” said the atheist. ...[text shortened]... feel qualified to discuss God, Heaven and Hell, or life after death, when you don’t know sh@t?”
    That's what passes for intelligence these days?

Of course the atheist was smug to the little girl. He's an atheist. And of course, you were there to reflect on his demeanour
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 22:03
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    You make the common theist mistake of believing (because God is so important to you) that removing him from a person's life will leave a huge God shaped hole that the atheist will need to fill with something.

Sorry to report but there is no God shaped hole in my existence. Why would i feel compelled to replace something that doesn't exist? I worsh ...[text shortened]... s. I seek only to be happy and to see those around me happy. I march to the beat of my own drum.
    We should all walk to the beat of our own drum. That's true courage.

Anyway god is non-material, so there is no hole that is god-shaped. How silly
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 22:07
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Where did everything come from? If you cannot tell us, I think you are missing more
    than a little evidence.
    You expect him to answer where 'everything' came from?
    C'mon this question does nothing to further your cause, rather it makes you seem lazy
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Taken by aliens
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 08:24
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I think you already are...lol

Alll the best in the new year πŸ™‚
    Happy new year to you too. πŸ™‚
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 09:12
    Originally posted by 667joe
    I cannot tell you where everything came from and neither can you!
    I believe God created the universe, so I guess I can tell you where I think it came from.
    If it cannot be explained by any other method, what are you left with? So I think it is
    evidence for God, but like everything else accepting that will be a matter of faith.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 09:15
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    You expect him to answer where 'everything' came from?
    C'mon this question does nothing to further your cause, rather it makes you seem lazy
    Answer the question where did it all come from? Any theory is acceptable if can explain
    how it all got here, if all you can do is suggest another layer to an onion in the form of
    it came from some place, which came from some place than you have not answered the
    question only pushed it out a little bit more.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 09:19
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I believe God created the universe, so I guess I can tell you where I think it came from.
    If it cannot be explained by any other method, what are you left with? So I think it is
    evidence for God, but like everything else accepting that will be a matter of faith.
    So, according to your logic, if I say that the universe was farted out by a giant turtle, then that is evidence for the giant turtle?
  13. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 10:00
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So, according to your logic, if I say that the universe was farted out by a giant turtle, then that is evidence for the giant turtle?
    If you were to propose that the universe was created by a giant turtle some would believe that that is evidence of a brain fart. That it was created by an uncaused first cause aka God, sounds more compelling. To me at least.
  14. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 10:021 edit
    An atheist was seated next to a little girl ...
    An atheist was seated next to a little girl on an airplane and she turned to him and said, “Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger.”

The atheist, who had just started to read his book, replied to the total stranger, “What would you want to talk about?”

“Oh, I don’t know,” said the girl. “How about why there is God, and Heaven and Hell, and life after death?” as she smiled smugly.

“Okay,” he said. “Those could be interesting topics but let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff – grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, but a horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is?”

The girl, visibly surprised by the atheist’s question, thinks about it and says, “Hmmm, I have no idea.” To which the atheist replies, “Do you really feel qualified to discuss God, Heaven and Hell, and life after death, when you don’t know sh@t?”
  15. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 10:03
    whodey couldn't have thought his little joke made a real point. Could've he?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree