Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Proof

Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Proof

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 Jun 19

The proof of A god existing is humanity in itself. Nothing in the universe comes even close to matching the complexity of the human brain. A pencil in your hand is silly simple, but it still took someone to make it.
So no need for a come back about evolution. The more the so called experts try to prove it the dumber it gets.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Jun 19

@caissad4 said
I don't know. You make the extraordinary claim of the existence of a god, please show me your extraordinary proof.
Proof is God showing up ending the debate, but when the author steps on stage the play is over.

You get to see the universe and everything in it, to draw your own conclusions. If you choose to ignore what is before you, that’s on you.

Über-Nerd

Moves
19 Jun 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Where did everything come from?
It doesn't matter. It's a spurious question.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Jun 19

@rajk999 said
I dont know why Christians feel they need to argue about the existence of God? It is pointless. The bible says it is all based on faith. There is no proof that God exists that people can show to anyone. NONE. Claims of Holy Spirit gifts and powers are also a sham and often a disgrace to Christ. Christians need to just shut up, put into practice the teachings of Christ and may ...[text shortened]... their good works that God exists. As it stands they are mostly shamelessly lazy, greedy and selfish.
Except you, of course 🙂

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Jun 19

@caissad4 said
Okay, you have no proof for your extraordinary claim.
But, an extraordinary claim DOES require extraordinary proof.
For what purpose?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Jun 19
1 edit

@divegeester said
Except you, of course 🙂
Of course. It does not apply to me and others who have made no extraordinary claims.. Eg
- I have the Holy Spirit
- I have eternal life
- Non-Christians will be tormented for eternity
No such thing have I ever claimed

E

Moves
19 Jun 19

@caissad4 said
And Theists have none, zip, zero and nada for their extraordinary claims.
False assumption.

D

Moves
19 Jun 19

E

Moves
19 Jun 19

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Anything of this level of existence must have a beginning and end, which is why something outside our existence must have created it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Jun 19

@moonbus said
It doesn't matter. It's a spurious question.
Really I think you are avoiding one of the most important questions of them all! To know the beginning reveals a vast amount of errors in how the universe should be viewed. I have no doubt that question just because of that is avoided many who see the answer as bursting of their world views.

D

Moves
19 Jun 19

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
19 Jun 19

@caissad4 said
It is you who has made the extraordinary claim of the existence of a god.
I do not claim to know whether a god exists or doesn't exist.
What do you mean by "exists"? In the sense that mathematicians use the word "exists" then the only requirement is that there isn't a logical contradiction so a sentence such as "God exists" is fine. From the point of view of an experimental physicist there's a problem as there's no way of doing an experiment (and living to publish the results) so that sense of "God exists" seems to be problematic. Which leaves me wondering what we mean when we apply the word "exists" to something whose existence is difficult to establish.

IP

Moves
19 Jun 19

The evidence for physical evolution is overwhelming and indisputable. The two great mysteries that I can think of at the moment are;

From what did everything begin, and how and why did this happen.

And;

When and how did the human brain make the unique, quantum evolutionary leap to self awareness.

The 'answer' to the first question is that nobody knows. Science is having a bash with the 'big bang' theory and so forth, but even if that happened nobody yet knows how or why.

The answer to the second question is also unknown, but it is our self awareness and self consciousness which makes us ask the questions as to our own existence and our ultimate fate, clever old us. We can't explain it, (where we came from and where we are going) so we have created gods in various manifestations to try to make sense of it; we have created 'belief', which is an abstract concept.

As regards the subject and point of this thread, if we claim something (such as the existence of a god) then it is reasonable to be asked to back up that claim; if that can't be done then the 'claim' becomes invalid.
If we say that we believe in something (such as the existence of a god) then there's nothing more to be said; a belief is only that, and cannot be proved or disproved. I could say that I believe that there is an invisible pink elephant sitting on the roof; I cannot prove this, but nobody can prove that I'm wrong. Such is the nature of belief.

E

Moves
19 Jun 19

@Indonesia-Phil

Of course your belief is rooted in assumption.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
20 Jun 19

@galveston75 said
The proof of A god existing is humanity in itself. Nothing in the universe comes even close to matching the complexity of the human brain. A pencil in your hand is silly simple, but it still took someone to make it.
So no need for a come back about evolution. The more the so called experts try to prove it the dumber it gets.
Your statement is not extraordinary proof for your extraordinary claim.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Please provide extraordinary proof for your extraordinary claim.