Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Proof

Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Proof

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
21 Jun 19
2 edits

@kellyjay said
The context it was used was how you said it.
Please rephrase that in well-formed sentences.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Jun 19

@thinkofone said
Please rephrase that in well-formed sentences.
You said it. 🙂

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Jun 19
1 edit

@thinkofone said
What exactly is C4's hypocrisy?
C4 is a Christian? News to me.

If you wish to talk about hypocrisy vis a vis Christians in this forum, then we can talk. At least that would conform to my post.

If you want to talk about hypocrisy vis a vis CaissaD4, then talk to Eladar. He wrote that post.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Jun 19
1 edit

@bigdoggproblem said
Technically, yes, of course...but why should any claim made with no proof be taken seriously?
It's a faith claim. It cannot be proven or disproved. As such, it is an example of free will.

You're perfectly free to take it seriously or not. That's what free will is about. You'll notice that I have no record here (unlike some Christians in this forum) of 'shoving my ideology down anyone's throat' or judging them for not believing it. I believe in free will.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Jun 19

@eladar said
I think your name should be miss ignorance. You knew nothing of Lincoln and is a good example of your knowledge in general. Have you gotten D to pat your head yet?
At least you're consistent.

Every post you make here is loaded to the gills with irony.

T

Moves
21 Jun 19

@kellyjay said
You said it. 🙂
I was referring to YOUR post. Anyone with even adequate reading comprehension skills would understand that. You really shouldn't need to have that explained to you.

T

Moves
21 Jun 19
1 edit

@suzianne said
C4 is a Christian? News to me.

If you wish to talk about hypocrisy vis a vis Christians in this forum, then we can talk. At least that would conform to my post.

If you want to talk about hypocrisy vis a vis CaissaD4, then talk to Eladar. He wrote that post.
Eladar to C4: You are too caught up in your ideology to see your own hypocrisy.

S: So are a lot of Christians.

Intended or not, there is an implication there that you agree that C4 is a hypocrite AND "So are a lot of Christians".

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
21 Jun 19

@thinkofone said
Eladar to C4: You are too caught up in your ideology to see your own hypocrisy.

S: So are a lot of Christians.

Intended or not, there is an implication there that you agree that C4 is a hypocrite AND "So are a lot of Christians".
Say it ain't so Suzi !
You don't think I am a hypocrite, do you ?

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
21 Jun 19

@suzianne said
It's a faith claim. It cannot be proven or disproved. As such, it is an example of free will.

You're perfectly free to take it seriously or not. That's what free will is about. You'll notice that I have no record here (unlike some Christians in this forum) of 'shoving my ideology down anyone's throat' or judging them for not believing it. I believe in free will.
Oh, come on ... at least play logical footsie with me and give me some weak inductive proof.

I don't ask for much (and God knows I've gotten it).

E

Moves
21 Jun 19

@bigdoggproblem said
Oh, come on ... at least play logical footsie with me and give me some weak inductive proof.

Good luck getting anything out of Suzi. She does not discuss anything, just complains at people.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Jun 19

@caissad4 said
Say it ain't so Suzi !
You don't think I am a hypocrite, do you ?
Of course not. I see no hypocrisy in your posts here, you have always been consistent, unlike many Christians here who love to judge other people when they think they "sin", even while ignoring their own, larger sins.

This was my point. Perhaps I could have made my point more succinctly.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Jun 19

@eladar said
Good luck getting anything out of Suzi. She does not discuss anything, just complains at people.
Stop misrepresenting me.

I call them as I see them, and I find you especially transparent.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Jun 19

@bigdoggproblem said

Sorry. Truth is, I got nuthin'.

I've always said there can be no proof of God, or even not God.

You either believe or you don't. Either way, you're still human, and deserve to be treated as such.

E

Moves
21 Jun 19

@suzianne said
Stop misrepresenting me.

I call them as I see them, and I find you especially transparent.
I am just making an observation based on years of interaction.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Jun 19

@eladar said
I am just making an observation based on years of interaction.
Your 'observation' is biased at best, and a lie at worst. You don't know me, but you do have a rather obvious record of misrepresenting anyone who doesn't agree with you.