Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Proof

Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Proof

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Jun 19

@thinkofone said
How did you manage to get that out of what I posted?
I read your post, so this once again going to be another question answered by you?

T

Moves
20 Jun 19
2 edits

@kellyjay said
I read your post, so this once again going to be another question answered by you?
ToO: What prevents you and others from being reasonable and admitting that it's purely a matter of faith? Is it pride?

KJ: Purely faith, you think truth doesn’t matter?

ToO: How did you manage to get that out of what I posted?

KJ: I read your post, so this once again going to be another question answered by you?

Behold! KJ's reading comprehension skills, conceptual thinking skills, logical thinking skills and writing skills on display once again.

S. Korea

Moves
20 Jun 19

@caissad4 said
I have no proof as to how the universe got here in the form it did.
You have made the extraordinary claim that you know.
Please provide extraordinary proof of your extraordinary claim.
Because we cannot know what was occurring in the time before the natural world, how could we prove the creation of the natural world by God?

Moreover, if science measures only the natural world, how could science attempt to measure that which is above and beyond nature?

You are asking for empirical evidence for something that isn't empirical.

T

Moves
20 Jun 19
2 edits

@philokalia said
Because we cannot know what was occurring in the time before the natural world, how could we prove the creation of the natural world by God?

Moreover, if science measures only the natural world, how could science attempt to measure that which is above and beyond nature?

You are asking for empirical evidence for something that isn't empirical.
You seem to be missing the point.

1) C4 did not claim to know how the universe was created.

2) KJ did claim to know that God created the universe.

3) C4 is saying that KJ should provide extraordinary proof of his claim since he claimed to know AND it is an extraordinary claim.

Understand now?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Jun 19

@eladar said
You are too caught up in your ideology to see your own hypocrisy.
So are a lot of Christians.

T

Moves
20 Jun 19
1 edit

@suzianne said
What exactly is C4's hypocrisy?

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
21 Jun 19

@eladar said
You are too caught up in your ideology to see your own hypocrisy.
My ideology ? Just what have I claimed to know in this thread ?
I freely admit that I do not know of the existence of any god.
Hypocrisy ? Please explain .

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
21 Jun 19

@thinkofone said
You seem to be missing the point.

1) C4 did not claim to know how the universe was created.
2) KJ did claim to know that God created the universe.
3) C4 is saying that KJ should provide extraordinary proof of his claim since he claimed to know AND it is an extraordinary claim.

Understand now?
You do understand my OP.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Jun 19

@thinkofone said
ToO: What prevents you and others from being reasonable and admitting that it's purely a matter of faith? Is it pride?

KJ: Purely faith, you think truth doesn’t matter?

ToO: How did you manage to get that out of what I posted?

KJ: I read your post, so this once again going to be another question answered by you?

Behold! KJ's reading comprehension skills, conceptual thinking skills, logical thinking skills and writing skills on display once again.
I'm hoping you understand the meaning of the word, "purely" since you said, "What prevents you and others from being reasonable and admitting that it's purely a matter of faith? Is it pride?"

If something is "purely" anything, it means it is pure without mixture of anything else, there wouldn't be anything else mixed in if it were pure. So to be a pure matter of faith, removes all other possible reasons of any merit.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
21 Jun 19

@suzianne said
I disagree. The claim does not require proof. The claim can be made without proof.
Technically, yes, of course...but why should any claim made with no proof be taken seriously?

E

Moves
21 Jun 19

@bigdoggproblem said
Technically, yes, of course...but why should any claim made with no proof be taken seriously?
Lol

T

Moves
21 Jun 19
1 edit

@caissad4 said
You do understand my OP.
It's not at all complicated. What's remarkable is that so many don't seem to understand it. Especially since you've explained it several different ways.

E

Moves
21 Jun 19

@suzianne said
I think your name should be miss ignorance. You knew nothing of Lincoln and is a good example of your knowledge in general. Have you gotten D to pat your head yet?

T

Moves
21 Jun 19
3 edits

@kellyjay said
I'm hoping you understand the meaning of the word, "purely" since you said, "What prevents you and others from being reasonable and admitting that it's purely a matter of faith? Is it pride?"

If something is "purely" anything, it means it is pure without mixture of anything else, there wouldn't be anything else mixed in if it were pure. So to be a pure matter of faith, removes all other possible reasons of any merit.
Of course I understand the meaning of the word "purely".

KJ put it in context of the OP, G75's post and C4's post to which G75 responded.

Someone with even marginally adequate reading comprehension skills, conceptual thinking skills and logical thinking skills shouldn't have any trouble putting it together and understanding it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Jun 19

@thinkofone said
Of course I understand the meaning of the word "purely".

KJ put it in context of the OP, G75's post and C4's post to which G75 responded.

Someone with even marginally adequate reading comprehension skills, conceptual thinking skills and logical thinking skills shouldn't have any trouble putting it together and understanding it.
The context it was used was how you said it.