1. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    16 Jul '19 23:03
    @kellyjay said
    You think in a kingdom without time, a time limit should be placed on a punishment? You think God isn't being fair when He justifies us SINNERS for life eternal who accept His grace? If you think that is fair, why would it be unfair for God to show His wrath the same way for eternity?
    You don't think it would get rather tedious after 50,000 years of all that "praise".
    I, for one, wouldn't want to live in a celestial dictatorship.
    It's like living in a celestial North Korea that you can't even die to get away from.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jul '19 23:10
    @kellyjay said
    If you think that is fair, why would it be unfair for God to show His wrath the same way for eternity?
    How do YOU justify it as fair to torture someone for a lack of belief? What would be the moral purpose of still torturing a person for their honest and reasonable lack of specific religious beliefs, say, 250,000 years after they died?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jul '19 23:211 edit
    @kellyjay said
    If you think that is fair, why would it be unfair for God to show His wrath the same way for eternity?
    Why would the God figure at the centre of your ideology want to still be showing his wrath at an individual non-believer, say, 32,000,000 years after that non-believer's death?

Is the "wrath" caused by your God's frustration at not understanding why humans have a range of different religions?

Is it "wrath" caused by the shock of finding 1.8 billion people worship him [the creator] through Islam and 0.8 billion worship the creator through Hinduism and many millions do so by way of Judaism?

Is your God angry because he feels blindsided by these other faiths and the credibility they have in the minds of so many people?

Is that what incenses him enough to be angry for millions and millions of years and more, indeed angry forever?
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jul '19 23:25
    @caissad4 said
    You don't think it would get rather tedious after 50,000 years of all that "praise".
    I, for one, wouldn't want to live in a celestial dictatorship.
    It's like living in a celestial North Korea that you can't even die to get away from.
    Actually far from it, we are in a little sliver of time called now so small its leading edge and trailing edge are the same. Eternally speaking we have nothing to compare it too. We are talking about God whose is eternal so time, space are meaningless to Him and his creative powers even in this fallen world blow me out of the water. The complexity of life, of the universe, and these are small finite things within a finite universe with space time. Moving on to eternal things have to be beyond our ability to grasp. I've seen sunsets that have stopped me in my tracks and these are just splashes of color in the sky, music that captured me, seeing love one for the first time as they draw their first breath. All temporary things and these are just moments, the next life is beyond comprehension, as scripture says it hasn't even entered into the mind of man what is to come. On top of that we experience the next life as God intended, being made in His image.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jul '19 23:26
    @caissad4 said
    Over 2000 years and not a shred of evidence of evidence is either extraordinary or just a myth.
    There is evidence that doesn't mean those that disagree are willing to look at it.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '19 00:05
    @kellyjay said
    There is evidence that doesn't mean those that disagree are willing to look at it.
    What evidence is there that people can look at to support your claim that any humans are tormented for eternity after they die?
  7. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    17 Jul '19 00:07
    @kellyjay said
    Actually far from it, we are in a little sliver of time called now so small its leading edge and trailing edge are the same. Eternally speaking we have nothing to compare it too. We are talking about God whose is eternal so time, space are meaningless to Him and his creative powers even in this fallen world blow me out of the water. The complexity of life, of the universe, a ...[text shortened]... hat is to come. On top of that we experience the next life as God intended, being made in His image.
    Yep, a celestial North Korea.
  8. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    17 Jul '19 00:13
    @kellyjay said
    Great, show your evidence.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jul '19 00:31
    @caissad4 said
    I've brought things to your attention and you ignored and belittled.
  10. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    17 Jul '19 00:38
    @kellyjay said
    Please show your evidence.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '19 01:00
    @kellyjay said
    Don't worry, KellyJay, your torturer god is apparently going to brutalize your persecutors with infinitely cruel supernatural anger after they die.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jul '19 03:48
    @kellyjay said
    You think in a kingdom without time, a time limit should be placed on a punishment? You think God isn't being fair when He justifies us SINNERS for life eternal who accept His grace? If you think that is fair, why would it be unfair for God to show His wrath the same way for eternity?
    Supernaturally keeping someone alive and burning them for eternity is an act of unspeakable cruelty and is impossible to justify especially for simply not being a Christian when one dies.

Nobody mentioned time limits, not sure what you are on about.
  13. Standard memberjohnsim03
    Chess Nut
    Des Moines, Iowa, US
    Moves
    17 Jul '19 09:16
    @caissad4 said
    Over 2000 years and not a shred of evidence of evidence is either extraordinary or just a myth.
    No person of faith will ever be able to satisfy your scientific quest for the truth. They believe what they believe, and you believe what you believe. I think it is important that we respect the views of others, and not dismiss them out of hand for their beliefs.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '19 09:27
    @johnsim03 said
    No person of faith will ever be able to satisfy your scientific quest for the truth. They believe what they believe, and you believe what you believe. I think it is important that we respect the views of others, and not dismiss them out of hand for their beliefs.
    It's worth bearing in mind, though, that many of the Christians here believe that people who do not believe the same things as they do - about themselves and the immortalizing consequences of those beliefs - thoroughly deserve to be tortured after they die for being "wicked and evil". I'm not sure that's a sign of "respect".
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jul '19 09:36
    @caissad4 said
    Go back and look, but doubt repeating myself will do anything for someone who is just going to close their eyes and ears to anything said to them. However just because you asked I'll repeat myself again.
    The universe
    Life
    Good evil
    Israel and all the other people of the middle east
    science
    Bible

To name a few.
    The promises of God that are made that been kept in my life, He is a personal God if you want Him to show Himself to you, you should go to source since He says that when we seek Him with all our heart we will find Him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree