1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jul '19 12:01
    @kellyjay said
    You are looking at it with one small tiny point, a lack of belief, as if that was all that is going on. Hardly true when everything about us is being brought to judgment by the One who paid for our sins.
    Do you not think that lack of belief can be a reasonable and honest reaction to all the claims you make?
  2. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    16 Jul '19 14:01
    @kellyjay said
    Yea, in the last days that is going to be a common saying. The thing is God always acts in perfect harmony with Himself. Right now there are choices we have He loves us, He is trying to bring us back to Him to avoid the same judgment for all sinners. He is doing this because without that grace that He won for us righteously we are facing the same wrath the Devil and His ange ...[text shortened]... nce the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation.”
    Once again you bring out your god to wave his fist at that dirty devil. All talk and no action.. Not an omnipotent god, your god. Last days, what a laugh.
    BTW, 2 Peter has been known to be a forgery for decades. Syntax shows it was written by a Greek speaker and Peter was an illiterate Aramaic speaking fisherman .
    And just what the hell does "God always acts in perfect harmony with Himself" mean ?? Are you on some strong medication ?
    I love the way you use caps for the devil.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jul '19 14:27
    @caissad4 said
    Once again you bring out your god to wave his fist at that dirty devil. All talk and no action.. Not an omnipotent god, your god. Last days, what a laugh.
    BTW, 2 Peter has been known to be a forgery for decades. Syntax shows it was written by a Greek speaker and Peter was an illiterate Aramaic speaking fisherman .
    And just what the hell does "God always acts in perfect har ...[text shortened]... ith Himself" mean ?? Are you on some strong medication ?
    I love the way you use caps for the devil.
    God created everything without exception outside of God Himself everything that was created was created by God. You are talking to those that believe and you find it surprising you are hearing about what they believe and why?

God is all powerful, knowing, just, and so on. Nothing I have said nullified any of that.
  4. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    16 Jul '19 14:40
    @kellyjay said
    God created everything without exception outside of God Himself everything that was created was created by God. You are talking to those that believe and you find it surprising you are hearing about what they believe and why?

God is all powerful, knowing, just, and so on. Nothing I have said nullified any of that.
    And do you have any extraordinary proof for that extraordinary claim ?
  5. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    16 Jul '19 14:44
    @fmf said
    [b]Yea, in the last days that is going to be a common saying. The thing is God always acts in perfect harmony with Himself. Right now there are choices we have He loves us, He is trying to bring us back to Him to avoid the same judgment for all sinners. He is doing this because without that grace that He won for us righteously we are facing the same wrath the Devil and His angels ...[text shortened]... aid4, you are getting absolutely hosed with industrial-strength doubleplusgoodduckspeak here.
    I need to invoke the spirit of our Great Lord, The Flying Spaghetti Monster.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jul '19 17:10
    @caissad4 said
    And do you have any extraordinary proof for that extraordinary claim ?
    None required as far as I am concern, if want to show me natural causes for everything to appear without God, that requires extraordinary proof, or how life began without God through some unguided natural processes with extraordinary proofs I will listen to you.
  7. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    16 Jul '19 17:141 edit
    @kellyjay said
    None required as far as I am concern, if want to show me natural causes for everything to appear without God, that requires extraordinary proof, or how life began without God through some unguided natural processes with extraordinary proofs I will listen to you.
    I make no claim as to the existence or nonexistence of any god or gods.
    You are the one making the extraordinary claim of the existence of a god.
    Please provide extraordinary proof of your claim.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jul '19 19:19
    @caissad4 said
    I make no claim as to the existence or nonexistence of any god or gods.
    You are the one making the extraordinary claim of the existence of a god.
    Please provide extraordinary proof of your claim.
    No, as far as I am concern God answers all the major questions and resolves issues. Where did we come from, where did everything come from, do we have a purpose, what about evil, does our lives matter.

Without God all of those and some, are up in the air.

You can believe or reject whatever you want!
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Jul '19 20:451 edit
    @sonship said
    Eternal punishment makes sense.
    It makes no sense, none whatsoever, none.

Why do it, what purpose does it serve, no one comes to Christ because of it, it is a pointless abhorrence.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jul '19 21:311 edit
    @kellyjay said
    No, as far as I am concern God answers all the major questions and resolves issues. Where did we come from, where did everything come from, do we have a purpose, what about evil, does our lives matter.
    Say someone agrees with you about how the existence of a creator being answers the "major questions", why would you think it'd make moral sense for someone who doesn't believe the same things as you about Jesus to be tortured in burning flames for eternity?
  11. Standard memberjohnsim03
    Chess Nut
    Des Moines, Iowa, US
    Moves
    16 Jul '19 21:31
    This entire topic is extraordinary in its uselessness, IMHO.

How do you provide extraordinary proof of something that is based upon faith?

If you believe, you believe. If you don't, you don't. No one is going to change
    their belief system, or their minds, based upon absolute proof, or lack thereof.

Or, has someone solved all the mysteries of the universe, and of life, and I missed it? No one knows everything there is to know about everything. To assert that they do is positively extraordinary to me...
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jul '19 21:39
    @johnsim03 said

their belief system, or their minds, based upon absolute proof, or lack thereof.

Or, has someone solved all the mysteries of the universe, and of l ...[text shortened]... thing there is to know about everything. To assert that they do is positively extraordinary to me...
    What I find interesting are the threats of stupendous supernatural violence - also made without a jot of credible evidence - that will supposedly be morally justified when they are carried out on people who believe different things.
  13. Standard memberjohnsim03
    Chess Nut
    Des Moines, Iowa, US
    Moves
    16 Jul '19 21:42
    Believe me, I can appreciate that opinion, and point of view. Thank you for sharing it.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jul '19 22:43
    @divegeester said
    It makes no sense, none whatsoever, none.

Why do it, what purpose does it serve, no one comes to Christ because of it, it is a pointless abhorrence.
    You think in a kingdom without time, a time limit should be placed on a punishment? You think God isn't being fair when He justifies us SINNERS for life eternal who accept His grace? If you think that is fair, why would it be unfair for God to show His wrath the same way for eternity?
  15. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    16 Jul '19 22:58
    @johnsim03 said

Or, has someone solved all the mysteries of the universe, and of l ...[text shortened]... thing there is to know about everything. To assert that they do is positively extraordinary to me...
    Over 2000 years and not a shred of evidence of evidence is either extraordinary or just a myth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree