1. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    06 Dec '11 03:241 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    If you want to criticise a question rather than debate the answer why not start a new thread? the standard of debate here is going down the pan because threads are too interwoven. I'm sure you have complained about threads being hijacked.
    it is valid to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the question within the thread in which the question was introduced.

i don't remember complaining about threads being hijacked.
  2. Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    06 Dec '11 04:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    How would you live each day differently if it couldn't be you last?
    Reminds of a line from the movie, "Source code", "What would you do if you knew you only had one minute to live?" .
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Dec '11 05:43
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    it is valid to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the question within the thread in which the question was introduced.
    You're basically criticizing the hypothetical situation in the OP for being a hypothetical situation.
  4. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    06 Dec '11 06:141 edit
    This premise is explored and portrayed very powerfully in the movie, "The Bucket List," so I recommend anyone who hasn't seen it, to see it.

Me? Something tells me I would spend my last year partly in denial, and mostly in depression. I'd probably take up drug use. Maybe heroin or morphine.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Dec '11 07:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    How would you live each day differently if it couldn't be you last?
    the fact that I could die at any moment negates my ability to answer that question
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    06 Dec '11 13:17
    Originally posted by sumydid
    This premise is explored and portrayed very powerfully in the movie, "The Bucket List," so I recommend anyone who hasn't seen it, to see it.

Me? Something tells me I would spend my last year partly in denial, and mostly in depression. I'd probably take up drug use. Maybe heroin or morphine.
    The faith is weak in this one.... ;-p
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Dec '11 14:171 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    the fact that I could die at any moment negates my ability to answer that question
    It's a great shame when uncertainty and concern about death negates abilities. Perfect for the Spirituality Forum though.
  8. Wat?
    Moves
    06 Dec '11 16:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's a great shame when uncertainty and concern about death negates abilities. Perfect for the Spirituality Forum though.
    The scientific amongst us are certain about, and unconcerned about, our death. It is inevitable. We don't let it negate or retract from what we give and indulge in today, or tomorrow, for as long as we live.

-m.
  9. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    06 Dec '11 18:43
    Originally posted by sumydid

I find myself in agreement with both your points. Reckon I wouldn't limit myself to just one drug though, I'd do all of them. Also I'd quit my job.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Dec '11 20:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    I dont see any shame in living each day as if it was your last.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Dec '11 20:48
    Basically I have lived like this for some years now. I always spend up. I always have a drink and a smoke. I never hold back material goods for "a rainy day".
    I dont have any regrets and if anything comes up that I think I should do then I will make plans to get that done asap.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Dec '11 23:31
    I dont see any shame in living each day as if it was your last.
    To my way of thinking, living each day as if it was your last is far removed from living life to the full.
  13. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    06 Dec '11 23:341 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    To my way of thinking, living each day as if it was your last is far removed from living life to the full.
    Plus just look at the problems the world faces because nobody does any long term planning.

EDIT: It may be great for the individual concerned but it screws everyone else over.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Dec '11 23:35
    Basically I have lived like this for some years now. I always spend up. I always have a drink and a smoke. I never hold back material goods for "a rainy day".
    I dont have any regrets and if anything comes up that I think I should do then I will make plans to get that done asap.
    You are a parent?
  15. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    07 Dec '11 00:05
    Originally posted by FMF
    You're basically criticizing the hypothetical situation in the OP for being a hypothetical situation.
    i don't think it was that big a deal, my comment simply pointed out that you would get better results asking it to people who have actually been told they have a short time left.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree