1. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    17 Oct '06 20:26
    Originally posted by liteswordatlitespeed
    The Big Bang...

who said that the universe was created by a Big Bang?

The Bible just says "God created..."

Never says how he created, so you already assume too much.

(edit- Fabian I thank you for creating this.)
    The Bible says nothing about the Big Bang? Is that at all surprising? The Bible states that everything was created in 6 days a few thousand years ago and you are looking for scientific fact in it?

The Bible doesn't need to say anything about the Big Bang, we have actual scientific observations for that. We can still see (/hear) the echoes of the Big Bang and it's mark is left on the known universe to this day.
  2. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    17 Oct '06 21:033 edits
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    The Bible says nothing about the Big Bang? Is that at all surprising? The Bible states that everything was created in 6 days a few thousand years ago and you are looking for scientific fact in it?

The Bible doesn't need to say anything about the Big Bang, we have actual scientific observations for that. We can still see (/hear) the echoes of the Big Bang and it's mark is left on the known universe to this day.
    Quran Say:

"Haven't the unbelievers seen that the heavens and the earth were joined together (in one singularity), then we clove both of them asunder.” (21:30)

http://www.islamonline.net/English/Science/2002/10/article11.shtml

http://islam.about.com/od/creation/a/creation.htm

http://discover.islamway.com/articles.php?article_id=40&lang=1

That was said 1400 years ago
  3. Indiana
    Moves
    17 Oct '06 22:28
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    we know a lot of universe and nature.
    By whose standards are you saying we know ALOT about the universe and nature?

Every day scientists are uncovering new and perplexing discoveries in some things we have taken for granted in our everyday life. Scientists are always improving on the equipment they use to study the solar system and beyond. They are discovering new galaxies, stars, black holes, and everything else out there that there is to uncover.

So in the grand scale of things we, humans, KNOW basically nothing compared to the insurmountablely great knowledge of the Lord God Almighty. God's knowledge, understanding, and wisdom can never be grasped.
  4. Australia
    Moves
    18 Oct '06 00:33
    Originally posted by hypothetical
    By whose standards are you saying we know ALOT about the universe and nature?

Every day scientists are uncovering new and perplexing discoveries in some things we have taken for granted in our everyday life. Scientists are always improving on the equipment they use to study the solar system and beyond. They are discovering new galaxies, stars, black ...[text shortened]... edge of the Lord God Almighty. God's knowledge, understanding, and wisdom can never be grasped.
    Prove one thing that God knows?
  5. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    18 Oct '06 00:39
    Originally posted by timebombted
    Prove one thing that God knows?
    Quran Say:

"Haven't the unbelievers seen that the heavens and the earth were joined together (in one singularity), then we clove both of them asunder.” (21:30)

6. Australia
    Moves
    18 Oct '06 00:47
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    Quran Say:

So your using scripture and assuming its true and then assuming that this is Gods word and knowledge, when God is also unproven.

Excellent reasoning..... several leaps of faith there don't you think?

Would you like to try again and prove 1 thing that god knows?
  7. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    18 Oct '06 00:54
    So your using scripture and assuming its true and then assuming that this is Gods word and knowledge, when God is also unproven.

Excellent reasoning..... several leaps of faith there don't you think?

Would you like to try again and prove 1 thing that god knows?
    From 1400 years ago no one knows this fact that the earth and heaven were one thing and separated from each other.

So if GOD didn't say that who can be.
  8. Australia
    Moves
    18 Oct '06 01:08
    From 1400 years ago no one knows this fact that the earth and heaven were one thing and separated from each other.

Earth exists = True
    Heaven exists = Unknown
    God = unknown

So how can we have proof that someone knows something when they themselves are unproven and the thing you claim they know is also unproven.

Go on give us one last effort........ careful....... really think this time....
  9. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    18 Oct '06 01:10
    Earth exists = True
    Heaven exists = Unknown
    God = unknown

So how can we have proof that someone knows something when they themselves are unproven and the thing you claim they know is also unproven.

Go on give us one last effort........ careful....... really think this time....
    Ok may be the translation was not accurate.

The Arabic Word is Skys.

So it is known

No tell me if this fact exist 1400 years ago where did it come from.
  10. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    18 Oct '06 01:14

Einstein propounded the atomic bomb theory ages before he died. At the time he first intruduced the idea, the world said he was mad. There was simply no such thing! But of course Einstein's mind was far ahead of his time. Many years after he died, the atomic bomb became a reality. Is it fair to say that Einstein is God?
  11. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    18 Oct '06 01:18
    Originally posted by ckoh1965
    Einstein propounded the atomic bomb theory ages before he died. At the time he first intruduced the idea, the world said he was mad. There was simply no such thing! But of course Einstein's mind was far ahead of his time. Many years after he died, the atomic bomb became a reality. Is it fair to say that Einstein is God?
    The comparison you made is not accurate because there is a big difference between the enviroment and scince exist at the time of Einstein and 1400 years ago.

At the time of Einstein it was possible and it was only few years.

But we talk about a time when there was no one could think about a bit of that.
  12. Australia
    Moves
    18 Oct '06 01:22
    Ok may be the translation was not accurate.

The Arabic Word is Skys.

So it is known

No tell me if this fact exist 1400 years ago where did it come from.
    Sky = true in a modern day sense although the way they were using the word sky = unknown, but OK lets not argue over what they meant 1400 years ago when they said heaven.

Even if I grant you this fallacy, remind me how this helps you prove one thing that God knows??

Again please think before you answer, so far you are clearly not, you are trying to prove something here (ie use fact not faith, no circular reasoning).
  13. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    18 Oct '06 01:26
    Sky = true in a modern day sense although the way they were using the word sky = unknown, but OK lets not argue over what they rmeant 1400 years ago when they said heaven.

Even if I grant you this fallacy, remind me how this helps you prove one thing that God knows??

Again please think before you answer, so far you are clearly not, you are trying to prove something here (ie use fact not faith, no circular reasoning).
    I didn't use any faith.

The Quran is written in Arabic not English. So the word in Arabic means Sky.

I didn't say GOD.

Who did say that? Now you read this text and you know it is written 1400 years ago. Where do you think the writter got this information from.
  14. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    18 Oct '06 01:27
    The comparison you made is not accurate because there is a big difference between the enviroment and scince exist at the time of Einstein and 1400 years ago.

At the time of Einstein it was possible and it was only few years.

But we talk about a time when there was no one could think about a bit of that.
    How would you know what information and knowledge was available 1400 years ago? Were you around at that time? Well, let me take you even further than that! Even 4000 years ago there was knowledge of medical science, eg preservation of the human flesh; and architectural field, such as those used in the construction of the many tombs of the kings of the past. Such knowledge even baffled the modern day scientists. Some scientists even suggest the idea of the pyramids built by aliens from other worlds! So how do you know for certain what information was available in those days?
  15. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    18 Oct '06 01:29
    Originally posted by ckoh1965
    How would you know what information and knowledge was available 1400 years ago? Were you around at that time? Well, let me take you even further than that! Even 4000 years ago there was knowledge of medical science, eg preservation of the human flesh; and architectural field, such as those used in the construction of the many tombs of the kings of the past. ...[text shortened]... from other worlds! So how do you know for certain what information was available in those days?
    I don't know they have been to space 1400 years ago.

You tell me how did this information come from.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree