1. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    18 Oct '06 01:31
    Originally posted by ckoh1965
    How would you know what information and knowledge was available 1400 years ago? Were you around at that time? Well, let me take you even further than that! Even 4000 years ago there was knowledge of medical science, eg preservation of the human flesh; and architectural field, such as those used in the construction of the many tombs of the kings of the past. ...[text shortened]... from other worlds! So how do you know for certain what information was available in those days?
    So you can accept unproven alian story but you cann't accept GOD existance.
  2. Australia
    Moves
    18 Oct '06 01:35
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    I didn't use any faith.

The Quran is written in Arabic not English. So the word in Arabic means Sky.

I didn't say GOD.

Who did say that? Now you read this text and you know it is written 1400 years ago. Where do you think the writter got this information from.
    YOU responded to my post when i asked "prove one thing that God knows", apologies for YOUR ambiguity sir.

If I am to believe what I am reading then the texts' claims need to be testable and proveable....... sorry if I have the intelligence to not just believe everything I read regardless of source.

So everything in the Quran is proven to be true is it?

Unless you stop taking shortcuts to thinking, this will be my last post as I refuse to join the roundabout you will clearly remain on.
  3. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    18 Oct '06 01:39
    So you can accept unproven alian story but you cann't accept GOD existance.
    I didn't say I believe in aliens. But that's one of the suggestions for the architectural abilities of past civilisation. By the way, that is quite a credible theory. But we're drifting away from our present debate.

You are basing your belief in God by what someone said will happen before it actually happened. And when I said Einstein did the same, you said that is not 'accurate'; that I can't compare because in Einstein's case it's too recent. You said 1400 years ago, no one had that knowledge. So I gave you an example of even further back than 1400; 4000 years ago, people had knowledge that impressed even modern day scientist.
  4. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    18 Oct '06 01:47
    Originally posted by timebombted
    YOU responded to my post when i asked "prove one thing that God knows", apologies for YOUR ambiguity sir.

If I am to believe what I am reading then the texts' claims need to be testable and proveable....... sorry if I have the intelligence to not just believe everything I read regardless of source.

So everything in the Quran is proven to be true is ...[text shortened]... ing, this will be my last post as I refuse to join the roundabout you will clearly remain on.
    The people here were talking about the Big Bang which is recently proven and I show you a text from the Quran that talk about the Big Bang from 1400 years ago. It is not the matter of Quran true or not now. And I didn't ask to belive in it. There is a fact written there proven to be true. And I asked you where do you think this information come from?

So the question is not whether it is true or not. The question is it really talk about the Big Bang. There are more information about that in the links I posted. You can kindly read them. If it make sense to you, then give me an answer to my question. If not so I apologize for wasting your time.
  5. Australia
    Moves
    18 Oct '06 01:53
    The people here were talking about the Big Bang which is recently proven and I show you a text from the Quran that talk about the Big Bang from 1400 years ago. It is not the matter of Quran true or not now. And I didn't ask to belive in it. There is a fact written there proven to be true. And I asked you where do you think this information come from?

So ...[text shortened]... nse to you, then give me an answer to my question. If not so I apologize for wasting your time.
    Religous websites are so far from any sort of fact its laughable...... however I will read them as I am always open to both sides but unless there is any weight in what is written there, I will not post again. I truely hope these sites you have quoted are not the usual biased blinded by faith views.

Cheers
  6. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    18 Oct '06 02:08

So ...[text shortened]... nse to you, then give me an answer to my question. If not so I apologize for wasting your time.
    If you throw out enough ambiguous passages then something will stick. Just ask Nostradamus.
  7. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    18 Oct '06 02:19
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    If you throw out enough ambiguous passages then something will stick. Just ask Nostradamus.
    Exactly! But he will tell you that Nostradamus doesn't qualify. It has to be 1400 years ago or longer!

Nostradamus 'saw' iron birds in the sky. What the hell is that? During his time, there was no iron bird in the sky. Today, of course we know airplanes are in the sky. So it's very convenient to say that Nostradamus meant airplanes when he said iron birds. But did he really 'see' it? Your guess is as good as mine.
  8. Indiana
    Moves
    18 Oct '06 02:27
    Originally posted by timebombted
    Prove one thing that God knows?
    Genesis 1 -
    1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was [a] formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. 3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day. 6 And God said, "Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water." 7 So God made the expanse and separated the water under the expanse from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the expanse "sky." And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day. 9 And God said, "Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear." And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground "land," and the gathered waters he called "seas." And God saw that it was good. 11 Then God said, "Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds." And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day. 14 And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth." And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day. 20 And God said, "Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky." 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 God blessed them and said, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth." 23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day. 24 And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind." And it was so. 25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, [b] and over all the creatures that move along the ground." 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. 28 God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground." 29 Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food." And it was so. 31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

According to one of the oldest and only books to never be proven wrong, it says that God created everything. Who would know more about something than the creator himself?

In retrospect what can you prove without a doubt that God does not know?
  9. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    18 Oct '06 02:38
    Originally posted by hypothetical
    Genesis 1 -
    1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was [a] formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. 3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. 5 Go ...[text shortened]... spect what can you prove without a doubt that God does not know?
    Genesis has never been proven wrong? What's Evolution then?
  10. Indiana
    Moves
    18 Oct '06 02:48
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Genesis has never been proven wrong? What's Evolution then?
    Genesis has never been proven even slightly wrong. Nothing in the Bible has ever been proven wrong.
    And to answer your other question, evolution, from what I understand of it after my 16 years of life so far, is that evolution is the gradual change of an organism over a period of several years through the need to adapt to better suit the enviroment around them. Such as what scienist believe happened to certain species of fish that live extremely far under the ocean's surface that they have adapted to produce their own light by means of certain chemical reactions inside their very bodies. I might not be completely correct but this is what I've gotten out of the countless lectures in my numerous science classes.
  11. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    18 Oct '06 02:51
    Genesis has never been proven even slightly wrong. Nothing in the Bible has ever been proven wrong.
    And to answer your other question, evolution, from what I understand of it after my 16 years of life so far, is that evolution is the gradual change of an organism over a period of several years through the need to adapt to better suit the enviroment aro ...[text shortened]... ect but this is what I've gotten out of the countless lectures in my numerous science classes.
    I'm sorry there are many things in the bible are proven to be wrong.
  12. Indiana
    Moves
    18 Oct '06 02:531 edit
    I'm sorry there are many things in the bible are proven to be wrong.
    Well then name them. I cant wait to see another list of passages of the Bible taken completely out of context that are contorted to make them look false.

EDIT- This should be good.
  13. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    18 Oct '06 03:101 edit
    Well then name them. I cant wait to see another list of passages of the Bible taken completely out of context that are contorted to make them look false.

http://personal.bgsu.edu/~roberth/bible.html
    http://www.freethoughtdebater.com/tenbiblecontradictions.htm
  14. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    18 Oct '06 03:11
    And to answer your other question, evolution, from what I understand of it after my 16 years of life so far, is that evolution is the gradual change of an organism over a period of several years through the need to adapt to better suit the enviroment aro ...[text shortened]... ect but this is what I've gotten out of the countless lectures in my numerous science classes.
    You obviously didn't get much out of science class. Perhaps you could try actually listening in the future.

Evolution doesn't occur in an organism it occurs in a species. It doesn't occur over a few years it occurs over many generations.

And let's not even get started on the fact that there is no way in hell that the Earth is only a few thousand years old.
  15. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    18 Oct '06 03:27

Do you honestly believe that this world was created in just 6 days, on the strength of the information obtained from the bible which was written by humans (even though its contents purportedly came from God)?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree