Fabians View

Fabians View

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
18 Oct 06

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Okay. For the moment let's just use G as a catch-all term to refer to the theistic God, Brahman, Eternal Truth, whatever.

1. Do you think it's possible for a religion A to assert a true proposition about G?

2. Do you think it's possible for a religion B to exist such that every proposition it currently asserts about G is true?

3. Do you think ...[text shortened]... it currently asserts every true proposition about G that is asserted by any other religion?
I'd say they're all possible.

l

Moves
18 Oct 06

Originally posted by ahosyney
I have a big problem with it. You claim the the bible teach you that Juses is GOD. Where in the bible did Juses say "I'm GOD, worship me. I'm your GOD came for your salvation". And I mean that Juses say that during his 3 years lifetime.

Answer this point and we can move to another point
John 10:30

"I and the Father are one."

(the capital "F" denotes a God.)

l

London

Moves
18 Oct 06

Originally posted by liteswordatlitespeed
no he was using the universe spinning. get your facts straight.
You hand out insults too easily.

"Aristotle’s account of motion can be found in the Physics. By motion, Aristotle understands any kind of change. He defines motion as the actuality of a potentiality. ... commentators on the works of Aristotle, such as St. Thomas Aquinas, maintain that this is the only way to define motion."

http://www.iep.utm.edu/a/aris-mot.htm

I'll recommend you follow your own advice and get your facts straight first.

a

Moves
18 Oct 06
1 edit

Sorry this doesn't make sense to me. This script clearly state that they are different because the word "and" means they are different.

And If I say I and Father are one does this mean I'm my father.

l

London

Moves
18 Oct 06

Originally posted by Palynka
I'd say they're all possible.
What, in your view, is the difference between religion C (as defined in my last post) and one that "claims absolute truth" (an expression you used earlier)?

FYI, when I say a religion possesses the "fullness of Truth", I mean C.

a

Moves
18 Oct 06

Can you explan this to me

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
18 Oct 06

Originally posted by lucifershammer
What, in your view, is the difference between religion C (as defined in my last post) and one that "claims absolute truth" (an expression you used earlier)?

FYI, when I say a religion possesses the "fullness of Truth", I mean C.
When any religion claims X is true and cannot admit for the possibility of being wrong, then it is claiming an 'absolute truth'.

This is what I mean by it, not merely in the case C of 'fullness of Truth'.

l

Moves
18 Oct 06

Sorry this doesn't make sense to me. This script clearly state that they are different because the word "and" means they are different.

And If I say I and Father are one does this mean I'm my father.
NO. He is not one with his earthly father Joseph but with his heavenly father.

Jesus is a part of the father. It would take the diagram from the great apologetic Gregory of Nyssa.

God is the Father, God is the son, and God is the holy Spirit. However the father is not the son or the holy spirit, the spirit neither the father nor the son, and the son not the father or the spirit.

All separate, yet One in 3 manifested forms. One of the true paradoxes of God.

l

Moves
18 Oct 06

Can you explan this to me

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
John 14:7

"If you knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

a

Moves
18 Oct 06

NO. He is not one with his earthly father Joseph but with his heavenly father.

Jesus is a part of the father. It would take the diagram from the great apologetic Gregory of Nyssa.

God is the Father, God is the son, and God is the holy Spirit. However the father is not the son or the holy spirit, the spirit neither the father nor the son, ...[text shortened]... or the spirit.

All separate, yet One in 3 manifested forms. One of the true paradoxes of God.
Do you really understand what you just said.

Besiade there is no prove about it from the Bible.

Juses didn't say any of that.

Is Joseph his Father??!!!! I didn't say that, I was talking about GOD. You said they are different and they are one. Could you explain this to me.

And I gave you a text from John 17:3, it say that there is only GOD one GOD and Juses is his messanger. Just a human.

a

Moves
18 Oct 06

John 14:7

"If you knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."
I asked you to explain this to me not to give me another one.

And what you give me doesn't mean he is GOD. It means he has a message from GOD and he is the only way to GOD not the GOD himself.

l

London

Moves
18 Oct 06

Originally posted by Palynka
When any religion claims X is true and cannot admit for the possibility of being wrong, then it is claiming an 'absolute truth'.

This is what I mean by it, not merely in the case C of 'fullness of Truth'.
Okay. I think we understand each other now.

Do you think it is possible for a religion that claims a true proposition X about G to know X (i.e. possess a justification for X)?

l

Moves
18 Oct 06

Originally posted by Penguin
[b]Does God exist...
The obvious answer is...
YES.

No.

Thomas Aquinas' cosmological argument.
The first way:
3) This first mover is the Unmoved Mover, called God.

This first mover is the Unmoved Mover, called The Flying Speghetti Monster. (or the Big Bang).

The second way:
4) Therefore, ther must be an uncaused first cause call ...[text shortened]... rticular God. Could just as easily be Thor or the Flying Speghetti Monster.

--- Penguin.
The FSM and the cosmological argument were made by humans so they both have flaws. The Bible was God-inspired, and the only book that was ever God-breathed as stated in 2 Timothy 3:16.

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness."

Scripture is God-breathed. Therefore it is holy writ, a canon.

The FSM and Thomas Aquinas both had flaws and so do you.

l

Moves
18 Oct 06

oh btw sorry for the other thing earlier, hammer.

l

London

Moves
18 Oct 06

Besiade[sic] there is no prove about it from the Bible.

Juses
[sic] didn't say any of that.
How do you know that? What's your evidence for claiming that Jesus didn't say those verses?