1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Jul '15 13:47
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    This may be the first post of yours I have thumbed up. Good job.
    Yes, me too. 🙂
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '15 14:04
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Yes, me too. 🙂
    Ditto
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jul '15 14:38
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Divegeester is a fake Christian. I have been reading posts for 2 months now, and have never, never seen divegeester post anything that would hint at his Christianity. The ONLY thing divegeester does is challenge the doctrine of a 'hell'. That is it. He never, ever speaks of anything regarding Christianity.....like, feeding the poor, helping the homeless, ...[text shortened]... ts are becoming boring and predictable....hell, being the only topic you are willing to discuss.
    Chaney3, this is not good. When you point at someone else, you point three fingers back at yourself.
    Jesus compels us to use wisdom.... love and suggest perhaps?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '15 14:55
    Divegeester is a fake Christian. I have been reading posts for 2 months now, and have never, never seen divegeester post anything that would hint at his Christianity. The ONLY thing divegeester does is challenge the doctrine of a 'hell'. That is it. He never, ever speaks of anything regarding Christianity.....like, feeding the poor, helping the homeless, ...[text shortened]... ts are becoming boring and predictable....hell, being the only topic you are willing to discuss.
    He is not the only one. There are a lot of JW's running about who don't believe in it either.
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '15 15:37
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Why not leave the judgment of other people to omniscient God? He alone knows our hidden thoughts and motives.
    I'll second that, suggesting we judge ideas, not people. (The expression of ideas is what this forum is for.)
  6. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    24 Jul '15 16:02
    So many of these posts & threads make me just plain sad. I don't get the name-calling, the insults and the anger. A great majority of us, I would venture to say, struggle with questions of faith and religion...does any of us really know the answers to these really difficult questions? I don't think so. That is where "faith" comes in. By definition, it means trusting and believing in something or someone without actual proof. You either accept this. Or you don't. But honestly, there can never be any room in a healthy debate or discussion for mean-spiritness or a lack of respect towards others' viewpoints.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jul '15 16:41
    Originally posted by Landisqueen170
    So many of these posts & threads make me just plain sad. I don't get the name-calling, the insults and the anger. A great majority of us, I would venture to say, struggle with questions of faith and religion...does any of us really know the answers to these really difficult questions? I don't think so. That is where "faith" comes in. By definition, it ...[text shortened]... ealthy debate or discussion for mean-spiritness or a lack of respect towards others' viewpoints.
    I agree...
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '15 19:21
    How flattering; a thread about me 🙂

What is heartening is to see the genuine spirit of this forum membership respond in a balanced, thoughtful way. With the recognition that while in this forum we are what we post, none of us are, in real life, explained solely by what we are in this forum.
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Jul '15 23:46
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    . Divegeester claims to only believing in [b]his version of the Christian God, [/b]
    That statement is rather silly isn't it?

How many Christians do you know who don't believe in their version of the Christian god?
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Jul '15 23:48
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I remember in the past we have talked about what we have done for the poor. But it gets to the point when it seems to turn into a bragging contest as to who has done most and who cares most. And I have decided not to get involved in such discussion any more.

We have moved on to other things now and it may be unfair to Divegeester to make that accusation ...[text shortened]... st this idea of an eternal Hell, since I informed him that i believed he deserved to go to Hell.
    Somebody sane has hacked RJ's account!!!! 😲
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 00:00
    Agreed!!!! You would think in a 'spirituality forum' that one could read about many, many cases of helping and feeding the poor. But.....not once have I read such things. This forum does NOT seem to care too much about being a Christian, just merely speaking as one would suffice.
    Just because someone does not blow their own horn on all the things they do does not
    mean they are not doing what Jesus wants.
  12. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 04:50
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Somebody sane has hacked RJ's account!!!! 😲
    We're still waiting for someone sane to hack yours.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 06:411 edit
    Divegeester claims to only believing in his version of the Christian God, so technically he can't be called an atheist. It's a somewhat clever position for him to take, but his version of the Christian God is so far off base it can't even be called a cult much less a denomination.
    What other version of God do you believe in, other than your version?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 06:45
    He hasn't claimed to believe in any other god or gods, so chaneys point is a valid one. Divegeester claims to only believing in [b]his version of the Christian God, so technically he can't be called an atheist. It's a somewhat clever position for him to take, but his version of the Christian God is so far off base it can't even be called a cult much l ...[text shortened]... s pushing his luck, but it's his decision to make so I'm not going to argue with him about this.[/b]
    ... his (divegeester's) version of the Christian God is so far off base it can't even be called a cult much less a denomination.

Other than eternal suffering and the trinity, what other aspects of my version of God do you feel place it "far off base"?
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 12:31
    Originally posted by divegeester
    [b]... his (divegeester's) version of the Christian God is so far off base it can't even be called a cult much less a denomination.

Other than eternal suffering and the trinity, what other aspects of my version of God do you feel place it "far off base"?[/b]
    Where in God word is eternal suffering left out?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree