Fake Christian.

Fake Christian.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
26 Jul 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
'I know you mean well but you are confusing strong words with a lack of compassion, mercy or love. I tell you sonship, I would give you, Hinds, Carrobie, GB or any of you, the shirt off my back if I knew you needed it.'

Objectively Robbie, wouldn't you say the above statement is profoundly Christian in nature? Does it contain any negativity?
Thanks.

rc

Moves
26 Jul 15
1 edit

'I know you mean well but you are confusing strong words with a lack of compassion, mercy or love. I tell you sonship, I would give you, Hinds, Carrobie, GB or any of you, the shirt off my back if I knew you needed it.'

Objectively Robbie, wouldn't you say the above statement is profoundly Christian in nature? Does it contain any negativity?
Profound? Christian? Such sentiments can be expressed equally by a compassionate Atheist, a Buddhist, a Hindu, Sikh or Muslim, objectively speaking.

Moves
26 Jul 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Profound? Christian? Such sentiments can be expressed equally by a compassionate Atheist, a Buddhist, a Hindu, Sikh or Muslim, objectively speaking.
So what are you looking for from me?

rc

Moves
26 Jul 15

Originally posted by divegeester
So what are you looking for from me?
Evidence of your alleged Christianity.

Moves
26 Jul 15

Evidence of your alleged Christianity.
Can you provide me evidence of your Jehovah Witnessism?

Moves
26 Jul 15

This thread is not about me its about you and your alleged christianity, do try to keep on topic.
You are claiming that I have nothing positive to say about other Christian beliefs than my own. It a bold attack on me so I'm therefore asking you: outside of the JWs, which Christian denominations do you respect for thier spiritual beliefs and specifically, why?

Of course if you can't, or won't show that you are no different to the accusation you make against me, then that will be par for your usual behaviour.

rc

Moves
26 Jul 15
2 edits

You are claiming that I have nothing positive to say about other Christian beliefs than my own. It a bold attack on me so I'm therefore asking you: outside of the JWs, which Christian denominations do you respect for thier spiritual beliefs and specifically, why?

Of course if you can't, or won't show that you are no different to the accusation you make against me, then that will be par for your usual behaviour.
No i am merely attempting to ascertain whether your christianity is positively affirmed or is defined (perhaps expressed is a better term) through the negation of others beliefs.

rc

Moves
26 Jul 15
1 edit

Can you provide me evidence of your Jehovah Witnessism?
Anyone can visit jw.org and read a positive affirmation of our beliefs.

Moves
26 Jul 15

Such sentiments can be expressed equally by a compassionate Atheist, a Buddhist, a Hindu, Sikh or Muslim, objectively speaking.
Indeed, though on this occasion they were expressed by a Christian.

rc

Moves
26 Jul 15
1 edit

Indeed, though on this occasion they were expressed by a Christian.
No they were expressed by an alleged Christian. 😉

Moves
26 Jul 15

I think, personally, it is a common courtesy in these forums for us to accept we are who we say we are. Am i an 'alleged' atheist, are you an 'alleged' JW? Are we both 'alleged' human beings? (Did Norwich 'allegedly defeat Middlesbrough?)

If we can't even accept we are who we say we are, how can we discuss anything?

Moves
26 Jul 15

No i am merely attempting to ascertain whether your christianity is positively affirmed or is defined (perhaps expressed is a better term) through the negation of others beliefs.
So you have nothing positive to say about what you respect about other Christians denominations at all?

Moves
26 Jul 15

I am a Christian. Jesus Christ is my Lord and saviour. Disagreeing with objectionable religionists such as yourself does not negate that fact.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
26 Jul 15

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
I sobered up before I made this post, just to be on the safe side. 😛

Here's the part I'm having trouble with.

RBHILL asks, "Where in [God's] word is eternal suffering left out?".
Dive replies, "Everywhere."
RBHILL means to ask, "Give me one verse (at least) that explains it." - though he spreads this over two posts, and does not avail himself ...[text shortened]... e, so to ask him for one is silly.

If I've got that wrong, here is your chance to correct me.
If I've got that wrong, here is your chance to correct me.

Either one of us could be wrong, and there's really only one way to find out what RBHill meant. We can ask him. I don't know if he will answer or not... but if he does, he can either say I was wrong about what he meant or say I was right. Or is this too difficult to understand?

But for Dive to assume he's drunk without asking what he meant is what it is... it's the same thing I've encountered when someone tries telling me what I meant rather than asking me. Dive does this all the time, and apparently for no other reason than to keep up his mindless attacks. He's ignored most of what I've said to him and continues to chug along like a demented little train.

I won't play along with Dive anymore. If all he wants to do is attack and ask leading questions then good for him. So from now on I will show him the same respect and consideration he's shown me... because this is what he deserves, and only a hypocrite would complain about it.

rc

Moves
26 Jul 15
2 edits

I am a Christian. Jesus Christ is my Lord and saviour. Disagreeing with objectionable religionists such as yourself does not negate that fact.
No you say you say you are a Christian, and we have already established that there are many people who also say they are christians and yet Jesus says to them, 'get away from me'. This leads one to the logical conclusion that simply professing to be a Christian is essentially meaningless and a scripture taken out of context and in isolation like Romans 10:9 does not negate the fact.