1. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 21:50
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I gave you some names in scripture, you reject the Word of God that came through them
    since it didn't come right out of Jesus mouth when Jesus was walking as a man?
    I take what Jesus says first. I take what the Apostles say second. I reconcile what both say eg Jesus has greater authority than Paul so Pauls teachings are secondary to Christ and must blend with Christ.

I do this because THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE.is one person and its Jesus Christ. All the rest are ordinary messengers.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 21:53
    You are a true red Letter bible follower, I'll give you that.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 22:02
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Its the only way to avoid 'religion' as stated in the opening post. Although the writer is misinformed.

And I know you mean that as in insult but thanks for the compliment. I follow Christ.... not red letters.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 22:32
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I take what Jesus says first. I take what the Apostles say second. I reconcile what both say eg Jesus has greater authority than Paul so Pauls teachings are secondary to Christ and must blend with Christ.

I do this because THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE.is one person and its Jesus Christ. All the rest are ordinary messengers.
    Really, you think something an Apostles says through God can be set aside because it will
    not agree with something Jesus says? You think God is confused, that the Holy Spirit
    does not agree with everything that Jesus says?

Jesus is the King of Kings and the Apostles are not, not in question we agree; however,
    Jesus said ever word that comes from God how is it you disagree with Jesus? You think
    the only words of God are those of Jesus?

Matthew 4:4
    Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

Can you show me how God speaking through an Apostles doesn't line up with Jesus?
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 22:34
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    No he is not.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 22:35
    Who is "any other person" ,, I dont know what you are asking?
    Do you believe God has NEVER used a man or a woman outside of Jesus to speak the
    Word of God?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 22:41
    Do you believe God has NEVER used a man or a woman outside of Jesus to speak the
    Word of God?
    Dunno .. next time I see him I will ask and get you an answer. Apparently you are obsessed with that issue.

In any case what does that have to do with me.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 22:41
    Really, you think something an Apostles says through God can be set aside because it will
    not agree with something Jesus says? You think God is confused, that the Holy Spirit
    does not agree with everything that Jesus says?

Jesus is the King of Kings and the Apostles are not, not in question we agree; however,
    Jesus said ever word that comes from God h ...[text shortened]... th of God.’”

Can you show me how God speaking through an Apostles doesn't line up with Jesus?
    I never said anything has to be set aside.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 22:51
    Dunno .. next time I see him I will ask and get you an answer. Apparently you are obsessed with that issue.

In any case what does that have to do with me.
    You are rejecting somethings that come from God to us, because you are saying you only
    take what Jesus says, that is not going along with what Jesus said.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 22:561 edit
    You are rejecting somethings that come from God to us, because you are saying you only
    take what Jesus says, that is not going along with what Jesus said.
    What am I rejecting and from who .. if you dont mind me asking because Im not understanding your vague statements.

Can you not say waht you want to say in simple clear language .. why the obsecurity?
  11. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 06:11

So tell me which words of Jesus render what Paul wrote as null and void?

If Jesus has greater authority and he contradicts what Paul says then you may have a point. So please enlighten us.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 06:231 edit
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    False religion versus the gospel of Jesus Christ
    For Jews and Muslims, for example, Christianity is a false (or at least a mistaken) religion. There have been one or two posters here who have, in the past, tried to argue that Christianity is not a religion, but I don't think they made their case. Indeed, the more they insisted that Christianity was unlike "religions", the more they had to offer what were clearly the religious tenets of their religion as 'arguments'. The argument that 'Christianity is not a religion' (and all "religions" are false) ended up being little more than a series of fridge magnet assertions that amounted to little more than preaching to the converted.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 08:541 edit
    As for your next question, is that your way of declining the challenge? That sounds like a diversion but if you want change the course of your thread then you start off by answering your question of why did Jesus die on the cross.
    Why did Christ die? And what does it mean for you, personally.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 09:49
    What am I rejecting and from who .. if you dont mind me asking because Im not understanding your vague statements.

Can you not say waht you want to say in simple clear language .. why the obsecurity?
    I've be very specific in the Bible God used these guys, some even have books of the Bible
    named after them, some walked with the Lord. Do you think God's Word came to us
    through these guys or not?

"Every word that comes from the mouth of God in your mind Rajk999 do you think that
    when Peter shared, or Paul shared, or John shared, or Moses shared, or Joshua shared,
    or Samuel, or any other person God used to share His truth that some how according to
    Jesus man should not live by those Words of God's?"
  15. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 10:33
    I see, you accept the doctrine you think is popular. You are on the broad path .. cool.

I made comments about the opening post which I notice you refuse to address. Instead you are crossquestioning me.
    Another tense duel! between two heated rivals furiously stroking their dicks at one another...

Who will win, and who will get bathed? The audience waits with rapt attention. 😴

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree