1. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 15:41
    Religion says some people are better (more holy) than others. The gospel says all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Rom 3).

In religion people try to become acceptable to God by their efforts and deeds. The gospel says we become acceptable to God through faith in what Christ did for us on the cross alone. (Rom 3:21-25 & 2 Cor 5:21).

Religion is works based. The gospel is faith and grace based. (Rom 1:17, 6:23, Gal 2:16, Eph 2:8-10)

Religion has lots of rules that people are forced to keep. The gospel says because Christ loved us and what He did for us, we love Him and want to please Him. (Rom 12:1 & 2 Cor 5:14-15)

Religion tries to exalt and give glory to people. The gospel exalts Christ and says all glory and honor belongs to Him alone. (Isa 48:11, Mat 23:8-12, Rev 4:9-1 & Rev 5:12)

Paul forsook "religion" and counted it as dung for the surpassing worth of knowing Christ. (Phil 3:2-11).
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 18:02
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    Religion says some people are better (more holy) than others. The gospel says all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Rom 3).

In religion people try to become acceptable to God by their efforts and deeds. The gospel says we become acceptable to God through faith in what Christ did for us on the cross alone. (Rom 3:21-25 & 2 Cor 5:21).

R ...[text shortened]... ook "religion" and counted it as dung for the surpassing worth of knowing Christ. (Phil 3:2-11).
    I agree completely. Well stated....
    It's too bad so many people can't just receive nor understand the Grace of God.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 18:15

R ...[text shortened]... ook "religion" and counted it as dung for the surpassing worth of knowing Christ. (Phil 3:2-11).
    The Gospel of Jesus Christ, you say, but not a word of what Jesus Christ actually said in your post.
    It appears that what YOU are preaching is 'False Religion'.

I challenge you to do this. Make two lists
    1. What Jesus Christ Actually Said.
    2. What Christianity Now Says.

You game?
  4. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 18:561 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The Gospel of Jesus Christ, you say, but not a word of what Jesus Christ actually said in your post.

You game?
    What does 'Christianity now say' according to Rajk999?

If we are able to please God with works, why did Christ die on the cross?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 19:261 edit
    What does 'Christianity now say' according to Rajk999?

If we are able to please God with works, why did Christ die on the cross?
    What you said in your opining post which you mistakenly called 'the Gospel of Jesus Christ', is what Christianity now says. So you already said it.

As for your next question, is that your way of declining the challenge? That sounds like a diversion but if you want change the course of your thread then you start off by answering your question of why did Jesus die on the cross.
  6. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 19:52
    What you said in your opining post which you mistakenly called 'the Gospel of Jesus Christ', is what Christianity now says. So you already said it.

As for your next question, is that your way of declining the challenge? That sounds like a diversion but if you want change the course of your thread then you start off by answering your question of why did Jesus die on the cross.
    If what I posted is mistaken then what is the true gospel of Jesus Christ according to Rajk999?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 19:57
    If what I posted is mistaken then what is the true gospel of Jesus Christ according to Rajk999?
    The Gospel of Jesus Christ, are all the teachings of Jesus recorded in the Bible. You want me to list them all in one post?
  8. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 20:203 edits
    The Gospel of Jesus Christ, are all the teachings of Jesus recorded in the Bible. You want me to list them all in one post?
    Only those that contradict what 'Christianity now says' would be fine, thanks in advance.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 20:24
    So which words of his contradict what I have written?
    Apparently everything. Nothing you said came from the teachings of Christ. Imagine you did not even realise that. Thats what religion and religious brainwashing does to people. They dont even know what Jesus said anymore
  10. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 20:291 edit
    Apparently everything. Nothing you said came from the teachings of Christ. Imagine you did not even realise that. Thats what religion and religious brainwashing does to people. They dont even know what Jesus said anymore
    So you are the only one who understands what Christ said and the whole of Chrsitendom is deceived?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 20:452 edits
    So you are the only one who understands what Christ said and the whole of Chrsitendom is deceived?
    I see, you accept the doctrine you think is popular. You are on the broad path .. cool.

I made comments about the opening post which I notice you refuse to address. Instead you are crossquestioning me.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 21:27

You game?
    Matthew 4:4
    Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

Every word that comes from the mouth of God in your mind Rajk999 do you think that
    when Peter shared, or Paul shared, or John shared, or Moses shared, or Joshua shared,
    or Samuel, or any other person God used to share His truth that some how according to
    Jesus man should not live by those Words of God's?
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 21:29
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Matthew 4:4
    Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

Every word that comes from the mouth of God in your mind Rajk999 do you think that
    when Peter shared, or Paul shared, or John shared, or Moses shared, or Joshua shared,
    or Samuel, or any other person God used to share His truth that some how according to
    Jesus man should not live by those Words of God's?
    Who is "any other person" ,, I dont know what you are asking?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 21:32
    If God uses the Spirit of God to proclaim some truth through any other person, you think
    that since it did come from Jesus mouth it doesn't count?
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 21:34
    I gave you some names in scripture, you reject the Word of God that came through them
    since it didn't come right out of Jesus mouth when Jesus was walking as a man?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree