1. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 20:15
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    If you want to discuss the Gospel of Jesus Christ then let me know.
    Why I do not accept your interpretation of Paul will become clear.
    I'm all ears. Fire away.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 20:18
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    "I take what Jesus says first. I take what the Apostles say second."

You believe that prophets like Moses gave us the Word of God and if so, was it less than
    the Word of God from Jesus when He spoke?

If you think Jesus is greater than Moses I agree with you, but that isn't what I'm asking
    you! What I'm asking you is God's Word is it less than becaus ...[text shortened]... f God.’”

According to Jesus we need to live by every word that comes from the mouth of God.
    Because Jesus had greater and more accurate knowledge on matters pertaining to eternal life than the rest.

Knowledge of Eternal Life in the Kingdom of God .. there is no equal to Christ

I go with Jesus first. Why you seem to have a problem with my choice is rather interesting.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 20:20
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    I'm all ears. Fire away.
    You mistake me for sonship? Discuss is a two way street. You start.
  4. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 20:30
    You mistake me for sonship? Discuss is a two way street. You start.
    Ok for starters why do believe Jesus had to die on the cross?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 20:56
    Ok for starters why do believe Jesus had to die on the cross?
    Because the sin of Adam and Eve, and because the wages of sin is death [eternal death], a sacrifice was required by God to counteract that original sin. If Jesus did not die then there is no hooe of eternal life for anyone. Jesus's death gives man hope of eternal life.
  6. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 21:031 edit
    Because the sin of Adam and Eve, and because the wages of sin is death [eternal death], a sacrifice was required by God to counteract that original sin. If Jesus did not die then there is no hooe of eternal life for anyone. Jesus's death gives man hope of eternal life.
    So only for Adam and Eve's sin? Or everyone's sin? What about your sin?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 21:05
    So only for Adam and Eve's sin? What about your sin? Or don't you have sin?
    Christ died for the sins of the world. I was explaining why God made that promise to send a saviour.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 21:27
    Generally ... I was speaking generally. We disagree. You quote a passage and I disagree. I dont disagree with Gods Word. I disagree with your interpretation of Gods word. Get it?
    No, because when I quote scripture it is always to agree with what the scripture says on
    any topic we happen to be talking about. You claiming you agree with scripture without
    agreeing with me and not telling me why, isn't helping to discover why we disagree. I can
    say I agree with scripture and disagree with you, but if I do not tell you why I disagree with
    you I've not said anything useful.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 21:28
    Generally ... I was speaking generally. We disagree. You quote a passage and I disagree. I dont disagree with Gods Word. I disagree with your interpretation of Gods word. Get it?
    You have avoided my questions about the Word of God, you plan on addressing them?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 21:38
    You have avoided my questions about the Word of God, you plan on addressing them?
    Im not going back to look for questions. Ask them again otherwise forget it.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Aug '16 00:32
    Im not going back to look for questions. Ask them again otherwise forget it.
    Matthew 4:4
    Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

You said,
    "I take what Jesus says first. I take what the Apostles say second. I reconcile what both say eg Jesus has greater authority than Paul so Pauls teachings are secondary to Christ and must blend with Christ.

I do this because THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE.is one person and its Jesus Christ. All the rest are ordinary messengers."

In your opinion when God speaks through Moses, John, Peter, Paul, Isaiah, Jeremiah, or
    any one else not Jesus you think the Word of God is less than if Jesus said something?
    Since Jesus said we need live by every Word of God that comes from God's mouth how is
    it you claim the source of the Word of God makes some of it less than because it comes
    from one source and not another?

Can you show me scripture that supports that mind set?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Aug '16 01:191 edit
    Matthew 4:4
    Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

You said,
    "I take what Jesus says first. I take what the Apostles say second. I reconcile what both say eg Jesus has greater authority than Paul so Pauls teachings are secondary to Christ and must blend with Christ. ...[text shortened]... omes
    from one source and not another?

Can you show me scripture that supports that mind set?
    I also said this earlier:

Because Jesus had greater and more accurate knowledge on matters pertaining to eternal life than the rest. Knowledge of Eternal Life in the Kingdom of God .. there is no equal to Christ I go with Jesus first. Why you seem to have a problem with my choice is rather interesting.

You need biblical proof that Jesus is greater than the prophets?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Aug '16 03:15
    I also said this earlier:

Because Jesus had greater and more accurate knowledge on matters pertaining to eternal life than the rest. Knowledge of Eternal Life in the Kingdom of God .. there is no equal to Christ I go with Jesus first. Why you seem to have a problem with my choice is rather interesting.

You need biblical proof that Jesus is greater than the prophets?
    Why would I argue for something I have already agreed with you on? There is no debate
    that Jesus is greater, we agree case closed. That however was not the question I put to you.

It doesn't matter that Jesus has more knowledge or anything else. Where you and I are
    discussing is the Word of God as God chooses to give it to us. When God lets us know
    that, "In the beginning God..." because that came from Moses is it less true, because
    Jesus didn't say it, or any less the Word of God because Jesus didn't say it?

When Peter says what he said in 1 Peter is that some how less the Word of God than
    anything Jesus said? Again, not debating Jesus was greater than Peter, but God gave
    us truth when Jesus was here as a man and when Peter was here as a man. The truth
    is God's not the guy who gave it to us if it comes from God.

1 Peter 1:18-19 For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.
  14. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    11 Aug '16 06:52
    Christ died for the sins of the world. I was explaining why God made that promise to send a saviour.
    Would you care to explain what you mean by 'the world'? Does that include every person that has ever lived or only a few people?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Aug '16 10:42
    Would you care to explain what you mean by 'the world'? Does that include every person that has ever lived or only a few people?
    The Bible says 'world' so I take that to mean every person. If not every person then why would Jesus die for just a few people.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree