1. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    26 Oct '06 18:27
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    Thomas à Kempis: "The Imitation of Christ", a spiritual classic and the second most published book in history, next to the Bible,
    Thanks.
  2. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    26 Oct '06 22:24
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Thanks.
    You're welcome.
  3. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    27 Oct '06 01:54
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Have you ever asked Him personally?
    Kelly
    good question
  4. England
    Moves
    28 Oct '06 14:12
    No, the two are a unity.
    you are wrong my friend the 2 are not, we know of little of his earthly life but a lot of his teachings. they would of in his life i do not dout but since his birth the time he spent in egypt to his return not known about, hie teenage years are not known about ie did he learn carpentry from his earth dad? did he just study at his temple? did he partake in any games of the time? and as he matured we understand that he may have been 30 when he embarked on his life, what did he do in his 20s. and his life with the 12 are from a passed down not a account from anyone. silly as this may sound did he ever tell a joke or laugh at one? these may in your view be irrelevent but this like going to the toilet are what they would have seen. so to follow his life on earth is not as you think unity as we know very little but to follow his teachings is what we do as christians. thanks for reading this sadly im limited to answer more due to work and not available on a regular basis
  5. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    28 Oct '06 14:55
    Originally posted by Una
    The scripture reference is from:
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."
    (John 14:6)

The door open to God the Father is only open through Jesus. Pretty short and to the point, you either believe in Jesus or you don't. If you don't then access to the Father is not granted.

Una
    Could Jesus operate in bringing people to the Father without their explicitly endorsing Him as their Saviour?

If not, why not?
  6. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    28 Oct '06 15:40
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    Could Jesus operate in bringing people to the Father without their explicitly endorsing Him as their Saviour?

If not, why not?
    no, because he really is the savior.
  7. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    28 Oct '06 15:42
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    no, because he really is the savior.
    So say you...........
  8. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    28 Oct '06 16:09
    Originally posted by stoker
    you are wrong my friend the 2 are not, we know of little of his earthly life but a lot of his teachings. they would of in his life i do not dout but since his birth the time he spent in egypt to his return not known about, hie teenage years are not known about ie did he learn carpentry from his earth dad? did he just study at his temple? did he partake in ...[text shortened]... r reading this sadly im limited to answer more due to work and not available on a regular basis
    ... and how do your deliberations show that His teachings and His life are not one ?
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Oct '06 17:18
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole

If not, why not?
    If it's fair to rephrase your question as "Can one get to the Father without explicitly endorsing Jesus as their Saviour?", then I'd have to say probably, so long as one follows the will of the Father. At least it appears that Jesus saw that as much more important than endorsing Him as their Savior.

Matthew 7:21-23
    Not everyone who says to me,'Lord, Lord,' will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will tell me in that day,'Lord, Lord, didn't we prophesy in your name, in your name cast out demons, and in your name do many mighty works?' Then I will tell them,'I never knew you. Depart from me, you who work iniquity.'
  10. England
    Moves
    29 Oct '06 16:091 edit
    ... and how do your deliberations show that His teachings and His life are not one ?
    his life in total is limited to parts his words speak thro the ages, i do not say he during the unknown time he did anything unholy. But the fact is you can not follow his life as its limited. to me he is without question gods gift to us his son, follow his life to what we know yes but if his words do not make your heart glad then his life you may as well watch king of kings etc these films do follow his life as we know but should only inspire to learn his teachings, gods words BC/AD included
  11. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    29 Oct '06 17:222 edits
    Originally posted by stoker
    his life in total is limited to parts his words speak thro the ages, i do not say he during the unknown time he did anything unholy. But the fact is you can not follow his life as its limited. to me he is without question gods gift to us his son, follow his life to what we know yes but if his words do not make your heart glad then his life you may as well ...[text shortened]... ow his life as we know but should only inspire to learn his teachings, gods words BC/AD included
    Is there anything in His life known to us that contradicts His teachings ?
  12. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    30 Oct '06 09:54
    Is there anything in His life known to us that contradicts His teachings ?
    That would be sloppy editing on the part of the Gospel writers.
  13. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    30 Oct '06 09:55
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    If it's fair to rephrase your question as "Can one get to the Father without explicitly endorsing Jesus as their Saviour?", then I'd have to say probably, so long as one follows the will of the Father. At least it appears that Jesus saw that as much more important than endorsing Him as their Savior.
    That's just what I was getting at. I don't think Jesus wanted to be worshipped as a god but lead people to the Kingdom, wherever and whatever that is.
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 00:41
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    That's just what I was getting at. I don't think Jesus wanted to be worshipped as a god but lead people to the Kingdom, wherever and whatever that is.
    What do you believe the Kingdom might be?
  15. London
    Moves
    31 Oct '06 18:46
    Originally posted by vistesd
    (a) One dare not limit God’s potential action be denying the possibility of ... a non-eternal “hell,” in which the soul is cleansed and healed in the fire of the Spirit
    How do they reconcile this with parts of the Bible where Jesus himself speaks of unquenchable fires and sins that are not forgiven in this life or the next?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree