1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '18 05:371 edit
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    It’s only natural when someone links obeying commandments as noted in Ecclesiastes with Christianity to think that certain someone isn’t aware Ecclesiastes is in the Old Testament.
    Obeying God's/Jesus' commandments is part of adhering to the Christian religion. You quoted Ecclesiastes, not me. You lied about that. I've known that Ecclesiastes is in the OT for about 50 years longer than you have.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Mar '18 05:42
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Obeying God's/Jesus' commandments is part of adhering to the Christian religion. You quoted Ecclesiastes, not me. You lied about that. I've known that Ecclesiastes is in the OT for about 50 years longer than you have.
    You just won’t understand. I think you’re capable of it, but you need to humble yourself first. Maybe find a way to not be so scared too.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Mar '18 06:06
    You just won’t understand. I think you’re capable of it, but you need to humble yourself first. Maybe find a way to not be so scared too.
    Incapable of comprehending your insights...proud...scared

What else you got in your handbag?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Mar '18 06:16
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Incapable of comprehending your insights...proud...scared

What else you got in your handbag?
    Incapable of comprehending Christianity - not my insights.

Yes, everyone needs to be humble to understand Christianity and accept Christ. Pride, I think, is the biggest stumbling block people have to accepting Christ and knowing the God of the universe.

Fear probably factors into it as well. It’s only natural to fear an entity so much more powerful and smarter than we are, in Whose Hands our lives rest.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Mar '18 07:29

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Mar '18 07:31

Yes, everyone needs to be humble to understand Christianity and accept Christ. Pride, I think, is the biggest stumbling block people have to accepting Christ and knowing the God of the universe.
    Do you think FMF should humble himself before your posting here?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Mar '18 07:48
    Do you think FMF should humble himself before your posting here?
    I think he ought to humble himself and read the Bible with an open heart and open mind and pray to God in like manner.

“Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.”

(Matthew 7:7-8)
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Mar '18 08:05
    I think he ought to humble himself and read the Bible with an open heart and open mind and pray to God in like manner.
    Do you think your posting approach is convincing him of this?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Mar '18 08:10
    Do you think your posting approach is convincing him of this?
    Neither here nor there. He obviously doesn’t have to do it. He’s only hurting himself.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Mar '18 08:121 edit
    Neither here nor there.
    It’s “neither here nor there” whether or not your posting influences an atheist to seek god?
    Tell me, does your Christianity extend to beyond your bedroom and your mother’s apron strings?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Mar '18 08:16
    It’s “neither here nor there” whether or not your posting influences an atheist to seek god?
    Tell me, does your Christianity extend to beyond your bedroom and your mother’s apron strings?
    You seem to think I’m on here to proselytize or make converts and I’m not. I’m here for debates and general discussion and (obviously) to play chess.

The info is available to FMF. What he does with it (or doesn’t do with it) is up to him.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Mar '18 08:34
    You seem to think I’m on here to proselytize or make converts and I’m not. I’m here for debates and general discussion and (obviously) to play chess.

The info is available to FMF. What he does with it (or doesn’t do with it) is up to him.
    What does your Christianity involve?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Mar '18 08:38
    What does your Christianity involve?
    I’ve learned not to answer personal questions on here.

I think you have too.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '18 08:43
    Originally posted by @romans1009 to divegeester
    I’ve learned not to answer personal questions on here.

I think you have too.
    Do you think dj2becker taught divegeester a lesson then?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Mar '18 08:46
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Do you think dj2becker taught divegeester a lesson then?
    I don’t know the history of what preceded that. Maybe he learned the lesson earlier.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree