1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 May '18 23:07
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Are you also prepared to believe whatever I say?
    Now you are pushing it, you know I have trust issues.
  2. S. Korea
    Moves
    30 May '18 23:26
    In Thread 17709 on page 4, @tom-wolsey declared that he loved me.

Presumably and quite obviously his comment was meant as a Christian love; but I don’t think he is telling the truth.

I make no apology for my statement, I simply don’t believe him. I think he is making it up, being dishonest in order to make a forum point to me and t ...[text shortened]... onder?

Here’s the difference between divegeester and Tom Wolsey...I will tell you the truth.
    I say it, time and itme again, it is inappropriate to stick people's names & screen names in the subject titles. Especially when the result is some post like this that doesn't have real content and the person's name is not even remotely vital to the subject.

It's rude and inappropriate.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 May '18 23:28
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Yea that Whodey, what a loser he is, he is so lame....wait....wut?
    On the issue of your supposed superntaural ability to love your enemies, there is a gap between your words and your deeds. If you are, as you suggest, a "loser" in this matter, then it is your words that make you so.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 May '18 23:33
    Originally posted by @fmf
    On the issue of your supposed superntaural ability to love your enemies, there is a gap between your words and your deeds. If you are, as you suggest, a "loser" in this matter, then it is your words that make you so.
    I love you FMF.

How's that?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 May '18 23:40
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Now you are pushing it, you know I have trust issues.
    Whodey, oh what basis are you “prepared” to believe anything Tom Wolsey says, but not anything I say?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 May '18 23:45
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    I say it, time and itme again, it is inappropriate to stick people's names & screen names in the subject titles. Especially when the result is some post like this that doesn't have real content and the person's name is not even remotely vital to the subject.

It's rude and inappropriate.
    Point taken. I'll watch that.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 May '18 23:48
    I say it, time and itme again, it is inappropriate to stick people's names & screen names in the subject titles.
    No it isn't. It's an appropriate thing to do.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 May '18 23:531 edit
    [b]I say it, time and itme again, it is inappropriate to stick people's names & screen names in the subject titles.
    It’s perfectly acceptable and has been going on for years and years by all manner of posters about a variety of other posters.

It’s also perfectly appropriate because it about something Tom Wolsay has said, about claims he has made.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 May '18 23:54
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Point taken. I'll watch that.
    Do you feel that philokalia has the pulse of what should be considered acceptable posting etiquette sonship?
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 May '18 23:54
    Whodey, oh what basis are you “prepared” to believe anything Tom Wolsey says, but not anything I say?
    I'm frankly surprised that you are not more embarrassed by your own constant groveling for approval and attention.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 May '18 23:57
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    I'm frankly surprised that you are not more embarrassed by your own constant groveling for approval and attention.
    I see.

Tell me, before your God, that you honestly believe that my “stand by me” thread was me “grovelling for attention”.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 May '18 00:01
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    You seem to be missing the point which is the extent to which people say trite untrue insincere look-the-other-way pretentious things to each other in the service of some sort of partisan conformity.
  13. S. Korea
    Moves
    31 May '18 00:53
    (1) Name in the thread title is almost never to say something good; it is almost always a springboard for singling someone out and hoping to gang up on them.

(2) A proper thread title describes the content.

As we should not sit here and concentrate on demonizing individual members of the forum, we should focus on tackling the real issues pertinent to spirituality.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 May '18 01:00
    (1) Name in the thread title is almost never to say something good; it is almost always a springboard for singling someone out and hoping to gang up on them.

As we should not sit here and concentrate on demonizing individual members of the forum, we should focus on tackling the real issues pertinent to spirituality.
    Tom Wolsey is lying about loving me with a brotherly love; why don’t you think this type of casual dishonesty is pertinent to the real issues of spirituality?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 May '18 01:461 edit

No, it's absolutely fine. You are wrong. This is just a message board ~ it's social media ~ and a small community of posters. But thanks for your suggestions about what you think is "proper".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree