1. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 11:32
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Of course it is straight forward. Tell me anything that doesn't die? Every innocent microbe dies.

Do you say that if Eve hadn't eaten of the fruit, noone would die? Ever? In eternity? Don't you think this is hard to believe?
    Of course it is straight forward. Tell me anything that doesn't die? Every innocent microbe dies.

I thought we were discussing A&E not 'anything'.

Do you say that if Eve hadn't eaten of the fruit, noone would die? Ever? In eternity? Don't you think this is hard to believe?

If it is eternal, then it does not die. Hard to believe? I have no problem with it, do you?
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 11:46
    Originally posted by yoctobyte

I thought we were discussing A&E not 'anything'.

If it is eternal, then it does not die. Hard to believe? I have no problem with it, do you?
    Okay, you don't like me comparing a microbe to A&E, do you? Is it better I compare A&E with a microbe? 🙂

You don't have any problems with noone dies. How many people do you think we would be on this planet if noone dies, not for any reason, like diseases, accidents, nor anything fatal at all? Would 100 billion suffices? 1000 billion? I say, no thank you. Tank you, Eve, for tasting the fruit, I'd say.

...and you don't have any problems with that...?
  3. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 12:19
    Okay, you don't like me comparing a microbe to A&E, do you? Is it better I compare A&E with a microbe? 🙂

You don't have any problems with noone dies. How many people do you think we would be on this planet if noone dies, not for any reason, like diseases, accidents, nor anything fatal at all? Would 100 billion suffices? 1000 billion? I say, no thank y ...[text shortened]... nk you, Eve, for tasting the fruit, I'd say.

FabianFnas,

I am sorry but the points you are making I don't understand, your logic seems a bit disconnected to something I first posted. What exactly is it you want to know of me?
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 12:34
    FabianFnas,

I am sorry but the points you are making I don't understand, your logic seems a bit disconnected to something I first posted. What exactly is it you want to know of me?
    You tell me that you have not any problems with the fact that noone dies, ever, if Eve hadn't eaten the fruit.

I have a problem with that. And that is understanding how many we would be on the planet today. 100 billions people? Or even 1000 billions?

Because even the today's 7 billion people of people is already too many for the planet to deal with.

Do you really think that there would be space for us, and the planet can sustain an habitable environment, with such a big number as even 100 billion people?

Am I clear now?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 12:55
    You tell me that you have not any problems with the fact that noone dies, ever, if Eve hadn't eaten the fruit.

It is a legitimate point that I have no answer for yet.

I am not sure that the death of man meant that no death effected the animal world. I am not sure that that is what was meant.

It is interesting to me that the same writer Moses, latter speaks very practically about animals over populating the land of Canaan after the conquest. So he of course must have been aware of the logical possibility of too many creatures.

"What would have happened?" is a speculative matter. I think as far as man goes, God has given the whole universe to house his existence. Probably as a crib is to an infant so this planet was to the newly created man.

But with human / divine cooperation whatever was needed would have been supplied.

Your objection is noted and of course has not escaped the contemplation of many Bible students.

Now I have to go.

I have a problem with that. And that is understanding how many we would be on the planet today. 100 billions people? Or even 1000 billions?
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 13:011 edit
    Originally posted by sonship

It is a legitimate point that I have no answer for yet.

I am not sure that the death of man meant that no death effected the animal world. I am not sure that that is what was meant.

It is interesting to me that the same ...[text shortened]... g how many we would be on the planet today. 100 billions people? Or even 1000 billions? [/quote]
    Thank you for your try to answer. And thank you for telling me that you don't know.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 13:09
    Originally posted by sonship
    [b] • It was the Tree of Lives, not the Tree of Life (so translated).

I can find no English version reading "tree of LIVES [plural]" Freaky.
    Where do you get that translation ?

New International Version
    In the middle of the garden were the tree of life ...

New Living Translation
    In the middle ...[text shortened]... 950;ωῆς, Revelation 2:7; 20:19) is simply a Hebraism for a living tree,
    [/b]
    Here's a transliteration from the Westminster Leningrad Codex Hebrew text with vowels.
    [Hebrew first, then the English, part in question emboldened in both]
    u•ito ieue aliem mn - e•adme kl - otz ncmd l•mrae u•tub l•makl o•otz e•chiim b•thuk e•gn u•otz e•doth tub u•ro

and•he-is-causing-(to)-sprout Yaweh Elohim from the•ground every-of tree being-coveted to•sight and•good for•food and•tree-of the•lives in•midst-of the•garden and•tree-of the•knowledge-of good and•evil
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 13:39
    Originally posted by tim88
    Do you think that the forbidden fruit was eve's peach?
    I thought it had more to do with her two melons. 😛
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 14:07
    Originally posted by whodey
    I thought it had more to do with her two melons. 😛
    The kind of fruit is not important. It's how juicy they are that is important.
  10. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 20:27

You don't have any problems with noone dies. How many people do you think we would be on this planet if noone dies, not for any reason, like diseases, accidents, nor anything fatal at all? Would 100 billion suffices? 1000 billion? I say, no thank y ...[text shortened]... nk you, Eve, for tasting the fruit, I'd say.

Okay, you don't like me comparing a microbe to A&E, do you? Is it better I compare A&E with a microbe?

I don't care what you compare to whom, I would just like to keep from confusing the subject and drifting as best I can, keep to the OP as best as possible. Weren't you in another thread speaking of this very thing not long ago?

You don't have any problems with noone dies. How many people do you think we would be on this planet if noone dies, not for any reason, like diseases, accidents, nor anything fatal at all? Would 100 billion suffices? 1000 billion? I say, no thank you. Tank you, Eve, for tasting the fruit, I'd say.

Hmmm, not sure what you are getting at here, never said any of this other than eternal means you don't die, which I meant is for the soul (I am sorry, I probably did not make that clear) which is generally understood.
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 06:431 edit
    Okay, you don't like me comparing a microbe to A&E, do you? Is it better I compare A&E with a microbe?

I don't care what you compare to whom, I would just like to keep from confusing the subject and drifting as best I can, keep to the OP as best as possible. Weren't you in another thread speaking of this very thing not long ago?

...[text shortened]... is for the soul (I am sorry, I probably did not make that clear) which is generally understood.
    Okay, you don't understandd why this really is on topic. Let me explain it shorter:

If noone dies, then the planet will be overcrowded with people within a short period of time.

That's why I think Eve did the right thing tasting the fruit. (Assuming the legend is true.)
  12. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 09:42
    Okay, you don't understandd why this really is on topic. Let me explain it shorter:

If noone dies, then the planet will be overcrowded with people within a short period of time.

That's why I think Eve did the right thing tasting the fruit. (Assuming the legend is true.)
    Eve's actions (and adams) brought sin into the world and the wages of sin is death which is eternal separation from God. The eating of the forbidden fruit caused problems on many levels not just one, the most important of which is our relationship with God.

incidentally, I think planet overcrowding is a myth, have you ever been to Nevada?
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 09:51
    Eve's actions (and adams) brought sin into the world and the wages of sin is death which is eternal separation from God. The eating of the forbidden fruit caused problems on many levels not just one, the most important of which is our relationship with God.

incidentally, I think planet overcrowding is a myth, have you ever been to Nevada?
    Have you ever been to Las Vegas? Then think of whole of Nevada populated with the same density. then think of whole USA populated with the same density. There you have your vision what would happen if noone dies in a period of 6000 years.

but we do know that the A&E thing is just a legend, a fairytale to amuse children with when they ask all childish questions over this and that. "Mum, can snake talk?" "Yes, once they could. You see, god created ..."
  14. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 10:041 edit
    Have you ever been to Las Vegas? Then think of whole of Nevada populated with the same density. then think of whole USA populated with the same density. There you have your vision what would happen if noone dies in a period of 6000 years.

but we do know that the A&E thing is just a legend, a fairytale to amuse children with when they ask all childish q ...[text shortened]... ions over this and that. "Mum, can snake talk?" "Yes, once they could. You see, god created ..."
    So are you saying people have been around for 6,000 years? Yes i have been to Las Vegas, have you?
  15. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 10:05

a+e's actions only brought sin into the world because of the arbitrary set of rules god put in place. if only he had used a different arbitrary system.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree