07 Oct '12 19:12
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    who's holding[b] your spoon robbie?[/b]
    I do my own research, Mr. Spoon.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 19:21
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Well it's a bit difficult to do any serious research when you theists can't get your stories straight...Some of you think it never happened, some of you think it happens by magic, some of you think it's within the framework of standard science. Indeed it is far more efficient for person who believes X_n about Y to go ahead and explain X_n, than for us to find ...[text shortened]... t of X_n in the set of beliefs {X_1, X_2, ..., X_n, ...} about Y

So come on Robbie, spill!
    As far as i can discern Agers you were the only person to introduce magic, in the form
    of magical trees, magical fruit and talking snakes, if you are interested in creation
    myths may i suggest the one where inanimate matter managed to arrange itself into
    complex life forms in a pre biotic soup and as if by magic, here we are! taching!
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 19:23
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I do my own research, Mr. Spoon.
    it was a rhetorical question - the j.w. church is holding your spoon mr. gullible.
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 19:342 edits
    As far as i can discern Agers you were the only person to introduce magic, in the form
    of magical trees, magical fruit and talking snakes, if you are interested in creation
    myths may i suggest the one where inanimate matter managed to arrange itself into
    complex life forms in a pre biotic soup and as if by magic, here we are! taching!
    Well I'm not entirely convinced that any rendering of gensis can be comfortably confined with a naturalistic framework. As such, until people like yourself flesh out the details, I have to refer to it as magic. Indeed your response to my OP was followed up on my part by a further response on my part - you have not reconciled the problem I have with your response.

As for your objection to abiogenesis, it is founded on the errant belief that a transition from non-complexity to complexity is both binary, and necessary that it should happen on this planet, in precisely the way it has done thus far.
    You do not allow that there is middle ground (i.e. countless billions of chances to get the ball rolling on countless billions of planets - and then when at least one planet "wins" (namely ours) we have countless billions of organisms all playing the same game of trying to reproduce before they expire (with random mutations that in any statistically significant sense don't hinder them too much, surviving in subsequent generations), over billions of years).
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 19:35
    it was a rhetorical question - the j.w. church is holding your spoon mr. gullible.
    It must be true because you say it is Mr. Spoon, although you overlooked one piece of damning evidence, one needs to study to become a Jehovahs Witness, that is do personal Bible research! Neeeeeeeeeeeext!
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 19:422 edits
    Well I'm not entirely convinced that any rendering of gensis can be comfortably confined with a naturalistic framework. As such, until people like yourself flesh out the details, I have to refer to it as magic. Indeed your response to my OP was followed up on my part by a further response on my part - you have not reconciled the problem I have with your respon nse don't hinder them too much, survive in subsequent generations), over billions of years).
    sure thing Mr atheist spok, put the problem far out into the galaxy somewhere.
    Countless billions, my how mathematically precise, pray tell what is the mathematical
    probability of getting the 22 amino acids out of the known 100s into their relative
    positions in a sequence needed to produce life, how many times will you stir the muddy
    puddle with your spoon before life appears Aggy? As far as i am concerned I have
    only let remain one of your questions with regard to whether the fruit actually had
    knowledge giving properties, and its only because i have been so busy playing chess,
    analysing games etc etc that i have not done so. I am also wary of your motives for
    clearly you are simply intent on ridiculing, which, if it brings you happiness, then may i
    suggest you find another hobby.

meh who am i kidding, take the rip all you like! 😛
  8. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 19:51
    It must be true because you say it is Mr. Spoon, although you overlooked one piece of damning evidence, one needs to study to become a Jehovahs Witness, that is do personal Bible research! Neeeeeeeeeeeext!
    so you did your studies and by some bizarre coincidence you just happened to agree with every alternative opinion of the bible the j.w. church has. every single one. its almost....almost....like you were being spoon fed your views rather than having your own.
  9. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 19:591 edit
    sure thing Mr atheist spok, put the problem far out into the galaxy somewhere.
    Countless billions, my how mathematically precise, pray tell what is the mathematical
    probability of getting the 22 amino acids out of the known 100s into their relative
    positions in a sequence needed to produce life, how many times will you stir the muddy
    puddle ...[text shortened]... n may i
    suggest you find another hobby.

meh who am i kidding, take the rip all you like! 😛
    But that's the thing Robbie - it's a numbers game; and when you consider the amount of games that have taken place it is far from remarkable. Indeed (and answering your amino acids question indirectly) if we look at your stats it appears you have played 753 games spanning at least 25477 moves.

Given the chances all your games would be played out the way they actually were is practically zero I have to ask what sort of software you are using to overcome these impossible odds???
    And don't give me any claptrap about how there is nothing special about how your games turned out; indeed by your reasoning it was absolutely necessary that the games you have played so far, and the games you will play in the future must take precisely one form.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 20:00
    so you did your studies and by some bizarre coincidence you just happened to agree with every alternative opinion of the bible the j.w. church has. every single one. its almost....almost....like you were being spoon fed your views rather than having your own.
    truth is truth and does not lie between two polarities, sigh. 😛
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 20:04
    But that's the thing Robbie - it's a numbers game; and when you consider the amount of games that have taken place it is far from remarkable. Indeed (and answering your amino acids question indirectly) if we look at your stats it appears you have played 753 games spanning at least 25477 moves.

Given the chances all your games would be played out the way th ...[text shortened]... u have played so far, and the games you will play in the future must take precisely one form.
    i am a chess artist, who at times, is capable of rational thought, not some inanimate matter Agers, indeed its one of the appeals of chess that the pieces are given life by an intelligence, even as the universe is.
  12. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 20:082 edits
    i am a chess artist, who at times, is capable of rational thought, not some inanimate matter Agers, indeed its one of the appeals of chess that the pieces are given life by an intelligence, even as the universe is.
    Doesn't matter how good you are...by your reasoning there is no way in hell you could have (without external assistence) stuck so dilligently to the move sequence that has has taken place over all your games such that things end up as they are now. Indeed whether you played perfectly in every game it only takes a mistake from your opponent (for example playing a different move) and all hell would have broken loose (since we can't have that your games could have happened differently). Now, I don't have the numbers at hand but in one game spanning, say, 40 moves - the number of moves that could have been played is enormous. Yet in spite of this, you, over 753 games, have ensured that in each game you played exactly the right moves to guarantee things turned out exactly as they had to - not even one little deviation!!!

So again, what software are you using, and what contracts do you have with other players to ensure the move sequence you have so far??? 😕
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 20:40
    truth is truth and does not lie between two polarities, sigh. 😛
    truth isnt always truth, truth can be subjective.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 20:481 edit
    This sounds like my solution to a mate in two puzzle. I had the true solution as long as one move was not made. Then my true solution turned into a false solution and I had to settle for a mate in three. 😏
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 21:23
    if truth isn't always truth then its not truth is it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree