Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Oct '12 14:49
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Robbie Carrobie, over to you explain :]
    Hmmm, you never heard of putting in a disk into a computer and getting
    info transfered? So you have God who created DNA able to transfer knowledge
    through another input food, and you think that would be out of the question?
    Kelly
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Oct '12 15:08
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Kelly
    The funny thing is that each theist seems to have a different explanation (except Robbie, who prefers not to answer).
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Oct '12 16:04
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    not to mention two entirely separate entities.
    So what happened to the tree, does it exist or not and if so where is it now? Was Eden on Earth in the first place or did they get kicked into another dimension that happened to include Earth?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Oct '12 18:02
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    The funny thing is that each theist seems to have a different explanation (except Robbie, who prefers not to answer).
    i have already given the answer and you have already read it otherwise how do you
    know each theist has given a different explanation, my my how the silly are caught in
    their own cunning.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Oct '12 18:03
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So what happened to the tree, does it exist or not and if so where is it now? Was Eden on Earth in the first place or did they get kicked into another dimension that happened to include Earth?
    It was on earth, there are geographical features such as rivers named, unless of
    course you think the Tigris was in another dimension.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Oct '12 19:13
    i have already given the answer and you have already read it otherwise how do you
    know each theist has given a different explanation, my my how the silly are caught in
    their own cunning.
    I clearly stated that you were not included in the "every theist" list. Do you not have the word 'except' up there in Scotland?
    And if you had already given the answer, you wouldn't be chanting your whole 'pearls before swine' nonsense.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Oct '12 19:16
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I clearly stated that you were not included in the "every theist" list. Do you not have the word 'except' up there in Scotland?
    And if you had already given the answer, you wouldn't be chanting your whole 'pearls before swine' nonsense.
    why don't you read the thread, sumydid managed to find the answer, in fact he
    commented that it was a very precise answer, why it should evade you again remains
    one of those forum mysteries, perhaps you can explain it?
  8. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    06 Oct '12 21:091 edit
    Originally posted by sumydid
    Precisely, sir.

This apple/intelligence garbage is a self-contradictory and self-defeating argument. The unbeliever first--for the sake of argument--declares the bible literal and true by suggesting that an apple from a tree gives instant knowledge of good and evil. Then, the unbeliever discards all the rest of the bible as untrue, declaring miracles as ment, then you also have to allow for a all-powerful Creator who can make *ANYTHING* happen.
    I just got trolled! :/

Anyway moving swiftly on...
  9. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    06 Oct '12 21:231 edit
    I did not introduce magic, you did, i did not introduce apples, you did, I did not
    introduce talking snakes, you did, just saying and unless you are willing to make
    room for a supernatural element, which you are not, then nothing in scripture will
    make much sense to you and you will be doing yourself and me a favour by not
    wasting our time in ok around for verification of the utter folly of complete moral
    independence from God.
    So lemme get this straight, eating from that tree of knowledge didn't, contrary to many theists opinions, endow Adam & Eve with any further knowledge or insight?

So what is
    before eating: And both of them continued to be naked, the man and his wife, and yet they did not become ashamed.
    after eating: Then the eyes of both of them became opened and they began to realize that they were naked. Hence they sewed fig leaves together and made loin coverings for themselves.

all about then? Indeed what was it about eating this non-magic fruit that conveyed to them knowledge that they were naked and should cover up if it had no knowledge bestowing properties??? 😕

As for moral independence from "G"od, given the manner in which it throws its dummy from the pram - I'd say any rebellion against it is the precise opposite of folly!
  10. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    06 Oct '12 21:28
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Are you sure he did; I think he would be quite aware that the 'tree of life' and of the 'tree of the knowledge of good and evil', are symbolic.
    His declaration that the garden of Eden was not magical is to be found in the lower half of:
    http://www.redhotchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=148828&page=1
    (where he also declares that the talking snake is actually ventriloquist Satan - though why it would bother is another matter!)
  11. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    06 Oct '12 21:291 edit
    nvm
  12. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    06 Oct '12 22:392 edits
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Kelly
    Well given we're talking about a natural explanation for the transferrence of knowledge please explain in more details the mechanics of how eating fruit instantly gives you knowledge of right and wrong. Indeed where is this information stored in the fruit? how is it stored? and how is this information parsed by us in and after the act of eating it?

If you want to invoke magic then fine, fair enough; but that's a repsonse for a different thread.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Oct '12 22:53
    It was on earth, there are geographical features such as rivers named, unless of
    course you think the Tigris was in another dimension.
    Ok, it was on Earth, then where is the tree? Where is the Tigris mentioned in the bible?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 10:454 edits
    0riginally posted by Agerg
    yes, yes, can you repeat the question,

YouTube
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 11:07
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Well given we're talking about a natural explanation for the transferrence of knowledge please explain in more details the mechanics of how eating fruit instantly gives you knowledge of right and wrong. Indeed where is this information stored in the fruit? how is it stored? and how is this information parsed by us in and after the act of eating it?

If you want to invoke magic then fine, fair enough; but that's a repsonse for a different thread.
    As far as I know, God did not reveal how he did it, only that he did it. Perhaps it is beyond humans ability to understand. 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree