Getting past eternal torture

Getting past eternal torture

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Jul 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
What are you on about... I have been doing this very thing for years and years.

I have started countless threads on it over the years I’ve been here, some of which ran to hundreds and hundreds of posts.

In response to you dishonesty claiming you didn’t know where I stood on the matter, I started this Thread 177498 a few weeks ago which ran to si ...[text shortened]... t? Are we going to be here in another few weeks when you dishonestly ask me your question again?
I don't care what you have been doing for years, for years I have attempted to ignore your
posts. So today's questions require answers for today, don't rely on what you said to
someone else a couple of years ago, that is meaningless to me. All this post is nothing
but going on about past banter. There is nothing dishonest about asking you a question,
and if this is your only goal just insult and not have a conversation than we have very
little left to say to one another, which is what I think you really want. If you have 'a'
question to ask, ask it. If you want to just talk about how I wronged you, you don't need
me for that.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Jul 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @kellyjay
I don't care what you have been doing for years, for years I have attempted to ignore your
posts. So today's questions require answers for today, don't rely on what you said to
someone else a couple of years ago, that is meaningless to me. All this post is nothing
but going on about past banter. There is nothing dishonest about asking you a question,
a ...[text shortened]... n to ask, ask it. If you want to just talk about how I wronged you, you don't need
me for that.
I really don’t have much respect left for you KellyJay.

I believe you are a Christian but you are not my type of person I’m afraid. People need Christians who are direct, honest, forthright and principled. I try to be these things and not focus on being liked.

It most certainly is dishonest of you to repeatedly ask what or why I believe the way I do when I have gone to great lengths to painstakingly explain it to you directly.

Whether or not there is anything further to say to each other remains to be seen, but for know I am exhausted with your slippery behaviour.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Jul 18
1 edit

Sure, here are three, a nice trinity for you with two translations to boot.

Mathew 5:29 KJV
“And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for. thee that one of thy members should perish, and. not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.”

LITERAL OR METAPHOR?

Mark 5:29 New International Ve ...[text shortened]... n and spiritually wedlocked to your doctrine of death.

Start chopping your bits off mate!!!!
I believe all of those warnings were as real as they get and the comparisons were as
pointed as He could make them. Do I believe Jesus was telling everyone to cut off body
parts, or tear out their eyes, and so on. No, I believe warning was as real as He could
make it stressing the point to the nth degree, but His telling everyone to do those things
was without a doubt a metaphors, but the truth of them stressed the point He was making
about not even our body parts were more important than avoiding Hell.

Do you think that when Jesus was metaphorically speaking it was to convey the
importance of the points He was making? If so why would you consider an ever lasting
lake of burning fire, be any less horrific metaphorically speaking? When language that
bad was being used to express the importance of the dying in one’s sins before a Holy
God? If that lake represents what is awaiting everyone who dies in their sins, even as a
metaphor the reality will not be any less horrible as Hell is described?

Since I already answered your questions I thought I'd just report them.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Jul 18

I believe you are a Christian but you are not my type of person I’m afraid. People need Christians who are direct, honest, forthright and principled. I try to be these things and not focus on being liked.

It most certainly is dishonest of you to repeatedly ask what or why I believe the way ...[text shortened]... say to each other remains to be seen, but for know I am exhausted with your slippery behaviour.
LOL, what respect from you have I ever seen outside of the crap I get from you?
If what you have been showing me is respect, I'd hate to be on your bad side.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Jul 18
1 edit

It most certainly is dishonest of you to repeatedly ask what or why I believe the way ...[text shortened]... say to each other remains to be seen, but for know I am exhausted with your slippery behaviour.
Never mind, if you read this forget it.
I think we are both a little pissed right now.

F

Moves
30 Jul 18

I believe all of those warnings were as real as they get and the comparisons were as
pointed as He could make them. Do I believe Jesus was telling everyone to cut off body
parts, or tear out their eyes, and so on. No....
So you get to choose which is metaphor and which is literal?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Jul 18

Since I already answered your questions I thought I'd just report them.
Well this did make me smile; good luck with the moderators.

I’ll start another thread shortly.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Jul 18

I think we are both a little pissed right now.
Frustrated and somewhat dismayed would best describe my emotional state in here on occasions.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Jul 18
1 edit

Frustrated and somewhat dismayed would best describe my emotional state in here on occasions.
It can happen to the best of us, and I know I'm not close to that group so it happens to me too.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Jul 18

Originally posted by @fmf
So you get to choose which is metaphor and which is literal?
Hell real, body part removal metaphor.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Jul 18

Well this did make me smile; good luck with the moderators.

I’ll start another thread shortly.
🙂

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
30 Jul 18

Originally posted by @sonship
Cheer up. You asked for discussion on your favorite topic yet once again. You're getting some.

Your question has a presupposition which YOU wish to shield from all examination.

Your presupposition? God's love and God's wrath CANNOT exist together from the same Person.

PROVE IT!
This is hilarious, humans talking about a god like they know all about it. Like ants trying to explain why humans keep stomping their lairs.

As if humans were WORTH the wrath OR love of some kind of god.

What supreme arrogance.

We are alone here, most likely if anything, in careful isolation so we don't contaminate the universe, you can see how well we are shepherding our OWN planet, that alone is proof enough no god would WANT to cavort with humans.

What, 8 billion and maybe 10 in another 20 years or so. Great, just what we need , more billions of greedy humans intent on destroying the planet.
We don't NEED a god to off humans, we are managing that all by ourselves.

And IF we manage to off ourselves, there will be no rescue, no god to come fix our boo boo's. Too bad the religious crowd doesn't see that.

F

Moves
30 Jul 18

Hell real, body part removal metaphor.
So, this means it is you who gets to choose which are the metaphors and which are the literal things, right?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Jul 18

Originally posted by @fmf
So, this means it is you who gets to choose which are the metaphors and which are the literal things, right?
No, do you? Its all context.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Jul 18

Originally posted by @sonhouse
This is hilarious, humans talking about a god like they know all about it. Like ants trying to explain why humans keep stomping their lairs.

As if humans were WORTH the wrath OR love of some kind of god.

What supreme arrogance.

We are alone here, most likely if anything, in careful isolation so we don't contaminate the universe, you can see how ...[text shortened]... ll be no rescue, no god to come fix our boo boo's. Too bad the religious crowd doesn't see that.
You think God who knows everything, is all powerful, never changes, ever loses track of
anything in His universe?