Getting past eternal torture

Getting past eternal torture

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Jul 18

Originally posted by @fmf
And it's a metaphor for complete and permanent destruction and annihilation?
So you say, but the Word doesn’t use the terms you switched out for what was written.

F

Moves
29 Jul 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Everyone’s sin is going to be paid for either by the sinners themselves, or by Christ our salvation who became sin for us taking our sins upon Himself. So no evil deed or wicked act thought or word will be left unaccounted for and delt with!
So - despite you claiming that the god figure in your ideology must "take action against evil" or otherwise go against what your ideology says about his nature - you have convinced yourself that no action will be taken against the "evil" that Christians do and no action will be taken against the "evil" that you do ~ because you believe in Jesus. Well, as long you act in a morally sound way while you are alive, I suppose you telling yourself this does no much harm.

F

Moves
29 Jul 18

So you say, but the Word doesn’t use the terms you switched out for what was written.
And why do you think it's not a metaphor for permanent destruction?

Moves
29 Jul 18

Are you ignoring my replies to you again?

Moves
29 Jul 18

It is written in scripture dive, if you want to show me how the lake of fire doesn't mean what it says, by all means do it.
What are you on about... I have been doing this very thing for years and years.

I have started countless threads on it over the years I’ve been here, some of which ran to hundreds and hundreds of posts.

In response to you dishonesty claiming you didn’t know where I stood on the matter, I started this Thread 177498 a few weeks ago which ran to six hundred posts, the OP citing 7 points of contention against your revolting erroneous doctrine, including scriptural defences, mortality defences and logical incoherences.

KellyJay, have you ever stopped to read and truly consider anything I’ve written on the subject? Are we going to be here in another few weeks when you dishonestly ask me your question again?

Moves
29 Jul 18

With respect to removal of body parts, quote the text so we can look at all of them!
Sure, here are three, a nice trinity for you with two translations to boot.

Mathew 5:29 KJV
“And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for. thee that one of thy members should perish, and. not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.”

LITERAL OR METAPHOR?

Mark 5:29 New International Version
And if your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell

LITERAL OR METAPHOR?

And of course Mathew 18:8

Now, will you accept that cutting of body parts is LITERAL because there are at least three (I’m sure there are more) “mentions” of doing it?

No you won’t. Why? Because you are stubborn and spiritually wedlocked to your doctrine of death.

Start chopping your bits off mate!!!!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Jul 18
3 edits

Originally posted by @divegeester
No one is asking you if there was a warning or not. Tell you what, let’s agree that there was a warning Ok, can we move on from the warning now? Ok good...

Now, was Jesus speaking metaphorically (about this warning), using metaphors (about this warning), OR was he speaking literally about the warning. Was he warning using REAL things, or was he warning using metaphors?

Ok let’s see how this goes...
Do you think that when Jesus was metaphorically speaking it was to convey the importance of the points He was making? If so why would you consider an ever lasting lake of burning fire, be any less horrific metaphorically speaking? When language that bad was being used to express the importance of the dying in one’s sins before a Holy God? If that lake represents what is awaiting everyone who dies in their sins, even as a metaphor the reality will not be any less horrible as Hell is described

Moves
29 Jul 18

Do you think that when Jesus was metaphorically speaking it was to convey the importance of the points He was making? If so why would you consider an ever lasting lake of burning fire, be any less horrific metaphorically speaking? When language that bad was being used to express the importance of the dying in one’s sins before a Holy God? If that lake repr ...[text shortened]... in their sins, even as a metaphor the reality will not be any less horrible as Hell is described
You’ve already replied to this post. The two above are the ones you ignored on the previous page.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Jul 18

You’ve already replied to this post. The two above are the ones you ignored on the previous page.
So it is still a reply to you, when I get home I will reply to the others.

Moves
29 Jul 18

You have already defended your position from that post by claiming that weight of “mentions” indicates to you that eternal suffering is true. My post above address that point you made and we will stick to the flow of the conversation and not backpedal or deflect. I look forward to you replies to me posts above once you get home then.

Moves
29 Jul 18

Are you ignoring my replies to you again?
That’s rich coming from you dude.

Moves
29 Jul 18
3 edits

Moves
29 Jul 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
That’s rich coming from you dude.
I ignored you because you were spamming the forum with your fake accounts and trolling individuals with your incessant repeated questions across those multiple accounts.

Moves
29 Jul 18

I ignored you because you were spamming the forum with your fake accounts and trolling individuals with your incessant repeated questions across those multiple accounts.
So you still think I was Romans? Incredible.

Moves
29 Jul 18

Long journey?