Getting past eternal torture

Getting past eternal torture

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
27 Jul 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
I'll respond but I have to know what to respond too, I'll address your concerns about my errors, but I have to know what you think my errors are.
Just read the posts I am addressing to you.

F

Moves
27 Jul 18

So unless you just want this to be all about me, me, me, and not about you, not about
the topic okay.
I am not interested in how many furtive ways you can find to stonewall; I am interested in your current beliefs ~ not as conveyed by blocks of text regurgitating something you have memorized ~ but by way of responses that actually engage the points I have made about the disconnect between different things you have said about the same thing. Read my posts.

Moves
27 Jul 18
1 edit

Great, then answer the questions to let me know what I've gotten wrong! I'll respond but I have to know what to respond too, I'll address your concerns about my errors, but I have to know what you think my errors are.
Is Matthew 18:8 which you used as an example of hell and eternal suffering being literal...is this scripture literal or a metaphor?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Jul 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @fmf
I don't attempt to "preach" nor do I lay down any banks of foggy doctrine in lieu of tackling questions about my current beliefs head-on.
Currently I am only asking for specific errors you see in things I have said. Since you are the lone owner of that knowledge I have to wait on you to present it. In my opinion I have answered all you asked of me correctly. You have stated I don’t understand what I have said, that the meaning is not what I think, so clairify my error so I know what you are referring to. I don’t read minds you actually have to be specific.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Jul 18
1 edit

Just read the posts I am addressing to you.
I have and answered your points, so unless you want this to be all about me me me please share what you think.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Jul 18

I am not interested in how many furtive ways you can find to stonewall; I am interested in your current beliefs ~ not as conveyed by blocks of text regurgitating something you have memorized ~ but by way of responses that actually engage the points I have made about the disconnect between different things you have said about the same thing. Read my posts.
No I think you only want to talk about me me me, not about you, me me me, not about what I think, just me me me, not about any topic, just me me me! You bring it all back to me me me, you dwell on all my faults my every shortcoming me me me.

I think you should get over me me me and just have a conversation without making it about me me me!

Moves
27 Jul 18

ANSWER MY QUESTION!!!!!!

haha

F

Moves
27 Jul 18

No I think you only want to talk about me me me, not about you, me me me, not about what I think, just me me me, not about any topic, just me me me! You bring it all back to me me me, you dwell on all my faults my every shortcoming me me me. I think you should get over me me me and just have a conversation without making it about me me me!
More dreary deflection.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Jul 18

More dreary deflection.
And yet you don’t clarify your concerns!

Moves
27 Jul 18

And yet you don’t clarify your concerns!
Is Matthew 18:8 which you used as an example of hell and eternal suffering being literal...is this scripture literal or a metaphor?

Lol

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Jul 18

Originally posted by @divegeester

Lol
Matthew 18:
7 “Woe to the world for temptations to sin! For it is necessary that temptations come, but woe to the one by whom the temptation comes! 8 And if your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life crippled or lame than with two hands or two feet to be thrown into the eternal fire. 9 And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into the hell of fire.

I believe the warning is as real as it gets and the comparison was as pointed as He could
make it. Do I believe Jesus was telling everyone to cut off body parts, or tear out their
eyes, and so on. No, I believe warning was as real as He could make it stressing the
point to the nth degree, but His telling everyone to do those things was without a doubt a
metaphor.

Moves
28 Jul 18
2 edits

Matthew 18:
7 “Woe to the world for temptations to sin! For it is necessary that temptations come, but woe to the one by whom the temptation comes! 8 And if your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life crippled or lame than with two hands or two feet to be thrown into the eternal fire. 9 And if ...[text shortened]... to the nth degree, but His telling everyone to do those things was without a doubt a
metaphor.
You’re doing it again, dodging; trying to have it both ways like sonship does. Trying to hang on, desperately, to your set belief of eternal suffering, completely closed to look at it differently. You can’t have it both ways.

I didn't ask you wether the warning was real or not, I asked quite clearly an specificslly if Jesus was speaking literally or metaphorically. He was was speaking metaphorically or he wasn’t.

Feel free to continue to not answer and wonder why you get flack.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Jul 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
You’re doing it again, dodging; trying to have it both ways like sonship does. Trying to hang on, desperately, to your set belief of eternal suffering, completely closed to look at it differently. You can’t have it both ways.

I didn't ask you wether the warning was real or not, I asked quite clearly an specificslly if Jesus was speaking literally or ...[text shortened]... taphorically or he wasn’t.

Feel free to continue to not answer and wonder why you get flack.
The warning was real, really, real, desperately, without a doubt monsterably, your eternal soul is desperately in danger real! How Jesus talked about it was just as I described it.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
28 Jul 18

😕

F

Moves
29 Jul 18

The warning was real, really, real, desperately, without a doubt monsterably, your eternal soul is desperately in danger real! How Jesus talked about it was just as I described it.
divegeester's soul is "desperately in danger"? Why?