1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 11:411 edit

This is your opportunity but you are on your own KellyJay is to cowardly and the rest are clueless duckspeakers.

Trolling. instigating.

Get to work proving that Divine LOVE is eternally PERMISSIVE.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 11:44
    Originally posted by @sonship
    I don't always KNOW how I will answer. Jesus, if you READ your New Testament, said that there would be times when it would be given to His disciples at the moment what they should say.
    Here is that "moment" sonship.

You see yourself a teacher here, you say there are those here whom you teach and preach to who need to hear it...well here is your opportunity. Every single non-believer here in this forum is a potential student of yours.

How do they get past, see past the torturing God of Revelation to the supposedly same loving God who wants to save them from that torture?

Here's your moment...
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 11:473 edits
    Trolling. instigating.
    Not at all I'm speaking exactly precisely and honestly how I perceive the Christians in this forum who uphold the idea that torturing non believers of their version of Christianity for eternity is morally sound.

They are cowards and duck-speakers who hide away from the grisly truth and shy away from confrontation and debate on it. No respect from me I'm afraid.

My God will burn you alive for eternity if you are not a Christian and I think it is morally right for him to do it, because it is perfect justice.

Disgraceful. It is a doctrine of death and terrorism and they are terrorists by default. Worse than the Islamist terrorists.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 12:00
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Not at all I'm speaking exactly precisely and honestly how I perceive the Christians in this forum who uphold the idea that torturing non believers of their version of Christianity for eternity is morally sound.

They are cowards and duck-speakers who hide away from the grisly truth and shy away from contradiction on it.

It is a doctrine of terrorism and they are terrorists.
    I don't see anything but further repetition occurring here.

You can think as you usually think. But the fact remains that the One who you have to hold responsible for the concept of eternal punishment is Jesus Christ.

If I have said it once I have said it fifty times. It is from the mouth of JESUS that we mostly derive the concept of everlasting punishment to those irreconcilable to God.

We're going around in circles.
    The discussion has been had before with me at least.

You could VARY the subject a little this time by demonstrating that the attribute of God's love CANNOT co-exist with the attribute of His judgment against those who will not be reconciled to God.

THIS TIME you should show these two attributes of God are mutually exclusive. For frankly, your superstition is that HIs warnings are idle warnings. They will not be backed up with Him being true to His warnings.

Either that or that God is not suppose to hate everlasting rebellion against His glory, His holiness, and His righteousness.

For you the love of God should mean that Satan and his followers be able to usurp His throne and overthrow the Most High.

You have taken Nick Jagger's "Sympathy For the Devil" concept to its extreme.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 12:08
    You have taken Nick Jagger's "Sympathy For the Devil" concept to its extreme.
    What on earth are you saying? Got the balls to come back and clarify?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 12:10
    I don't see anything but further repetition occurring here.
    This topic is never going to go away, can't you see this. This doctrine is a cloud hanging over your belief system which casts a long dreadful erroneous shadow over the entire Christian theology.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 12:111 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship to divegeester
    For you the love of God should mean that Satan and his followers be able to usurp His throne and overthrow the Most High.
    Are you suggesting that divegeester is a follower of "Satan"?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 12:12
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Are you suggesting that divegeester is a follower of "Satan"?
    Or maybe a follower of "Nick Jagger" at least.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 12:56
    No one is asking to to explain why you believe the stuff you believe.

The OP is asking how an unbeliever can see past the eternal torturing in hell by Jesus of all the other unbelievers, to the loving Jesus.

How do you explain that? If you ever do.
    When a sinner is truly convicted of their sin by the spirit of God they feel that they deserve hell and are therefore attracted to the love of Jesus which provides them with a way of escape.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 13:26
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    When a sinner is truly convicted of their sin by the spirit of God they feel that they deserve hell and are therefore attracted to the love of Jesus which provides them with a way of escape.
    You have something more than conjecture and you imagination to support this silly claim?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 13:41
    You have something more than conjecture and you imagination to support this silly claim?
    Christians claiming that they believe they deserve to be tortured for eternity ~ when they also believe that they are certainly "saved" from that fate, come what may ~ ought to know, deep down, that their claim that "they deserve to be tortured for eternity" does not sound credible.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 19:07
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Christians claiming that they believe they deserve to be tortured for eternity ~ when they also believe that they are certainly "saved" from that fate, come what may ~ ought to know, deep down, that their claim that "they deserve to be tortured for eternity" does not sound credible.
    The whole doctrine is not only incredible, it is an incoherent wall to those who may be lost and who may find the ideology of a Jesus, of a God, of a better way for mankind, so flawed that is places it’s adoption beyond reach.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 19:24
    Here is that "moment" sonship.

You see yourself a teacher here, you say there are those here whom you teach and preach to who need to hear it...well here is your opportunity. Every single non-believer here in this forum is a potential student of yours.

How do they get past, see past the torturing God of Revelation to the supposedly same loving God who wants to save them from that torture?

Here's your moment...
    Here's the moment when you are going to show us that two divine attributes of God are mutually exclusive.

If He judges then He cannot love.
    If He loves then He cannot judge.

Sorry, the issue is not me.
    The case for you to show is that God cannot be the source of both DIvine Love and Divine Retribution.

Twisting your job to be about me is a grand dodge.

ALL need to see you make the case.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 19:321 edit
    The whole doctrine is not only incredible, it is an incoherent wall to those who may be lost and who may find the ideology of a Jesus, of a God, of a better way for mankind, so flawed that is places it’s adoption beyond reach.
    It was not beyond the reach of Jesus. (Luke 12:5)

Darby Bible Translation
    But I will shew you whom ye shall fear: Fear him who after he has killed has authority to cast into hell; yea, I say to you, Fear him.

Weymouth New Testament
    I will warn you whom to fear: fear him who after killing has power to throw into Gehenna: yes, I say to you, fear him.

World English Bible
    But I will warn you whom you should fear. Fear him, who after he has killed, has power to cast into Gehenna. Yes, I tell you, fear him.

Young's Literal Translation
    but I will show to you, whom ye may fear; Fear him who, after the killing, is having authority to cast to the gehenna; yes, I say to you, Fear ye Him.
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    19 Jul '18 19:37
    Personal experience.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree