1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Jul '18 00:201 edit
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Not selling anything to anyone.
    Haven't you said that every human being deserves to be tortured for eternity but Jesus offers a way for people to avoid this fate?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jul '18 00:36
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Haven't you said that every human being deserves to be tortured for eternity but Jesus offers a way for people to avoid this fate?
    No
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jul '18 00:37
    Still dodging. What do you think will happen to me in the Lake of Fire?
    You cannot piece together what occurs when you end up in a lake of fire all by yourself?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Jul '18 01:06
    You cannot piece together what occurs when you end up in a lake of fire all by yourself?
    I am asking you what you think will happen, but it seems you don't know.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Jul '18 01:19
    FMF: Haven't you said that every human being deserves to be tortured for eternity but Jesus offers a way for people to avoid this fate?

No
    Did you not say this?

It isn't a threat to non-believers, scripture teaches the whole of humanity is under threat, as great as the salvation of God is, His wrath will be no different. When God pours out His wrath there will be no mercy mixed into it, no lightening the load due to our abilities to take the stress, it is going to be poured out and the suffering will be done right in front of God and His angels for evil and wicked lives of sinners. As those of us who take Jesus' gift of salvation due to the grace He offers because He took on sin upon Himself, those who don't accept Jesus will stand before God in their sin and when we are called into account, it will be for every word, every deed, everything done in secret our lives next to a Holy God, God is going to come down on the wicked and sinners.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jul '18 01:20
    Did you not say this?

[b]It isn't a threat to non-believers, scripture teaches the whole of humanity is under threat, as great as the salvation of God is, His wrath will be no different. When God pours out His wrath there will be no mercy mixed into it, no lightening the load due to our abilities to take the stress, it is going to be poured out and the suffe ...[text shortened]... secret our lives next to a Holy God, God is going to come down on the wicked and sinners.
    [/b]
    Looks like something I said.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Jul '18 01:23
    Looks like something I said.
    Condemnation - which you believe leads to damnation - which you believe means eternal torture - which you believe is a threat that hangs over all humans - is a fate that can be avoided through faith in Jesus, is it not, according to your beliefs?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Jul '18 01:24
    I am a non-believer. Why don't you piece together what you believe occurs and tell me what it is?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jul '18 01:32
    Condemnation - which you believe leads to damnation - which you believe means eternal torture - which you believe is a threat that hangs over all humans - is a fate that can be avoided through faith in Jesus, is it not, according to your beliefs?
    You have never seen me use the word torture, so don't make the claim I believe it is.
    There is no let up from this, this isn't pain and suffering to make you do something else,
    this is the wrath of God being poured out on everyone who is wicked and dies in their
    sins. This is a Holy God letting lose all the anger He feels right now against sinners who
    have refused to turn from their sins and die outside of Christ's grace that was freely
    offered. The eternal Kingdom is being prepared and those that rejected it are being
    rejected, those half ready, those that believed but didn't come, all of those that thought
    something was more important will find out nothing was, but to late.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jul '18 01:36
    I am a non-believer. Why don't you piece together what you believe occurs and tell me what it is?
    I've answered you, if you are unable to comprehend than nothing more I can say will make
    you understand, but I doubt seriously you don't get it.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Jul '18 01:47
    You have never seen me use the word torture, so don't make the claim I believe it is.
    There is no let up from this, this isn't pain and suffering to make you do something else,
    this is the wrath of God being poured out on everyone who is wicked and dies in their
    sins. This is a Holy God letting lose all the anger He feels right now against sinners who
    ...[text shortened]... all of those that thought
    something was more important will find out nothing was, but to late.
    So you are saying that Jesus offers a way for people to avoid the pain and suffering caused by the wrath of God being poured out on everyone who is wicked and who dies in their "sins", right? Jesus offers a way for people to avoid this fate, yes?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Jul '18 01:481 edit
    I've answered you, if you are unable to comprehend than nothing more I can say will make
    you understand, but I doubt seriously you don't get it.
    You have described it as "pain and suffering caused by the wrath of God" and you believe that it lasts for all eternity. What is this "pain and suffering caused by the wrath of God" exactly?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jul '18 05:552 edits
    Can you give a reason why “torture” is not a good adjective for being supernaturally kept from dying and being burnt alive with endless torment and gnashing of teeth for eternity?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jul '18 09:44
    So you are saying that Jesus offers a way for people to avoid the pain and suffering caused by the wrath of God being poured out on everyone who is wicked and who dies in their "sins", right? Jesus offers a way for people to avoid this fate, yes?
    God created this universe and everything in it, He set down all of the laws from how we
    should treat one another, how the macro and micro systems in the universe behave and
    this is a temporary place to be burned up and redone. The judgment of God is going to
    ensure nothing wicked and evil goes into the Kingdom of God that He is setting up that
    is eternal. Those in it will have had the opportunity to come to Him in this universe now,
    they can either stay in their sins and wickedness or turn towards God so that they can
    receive His Spirit and do the good works God has for them in this life.

As of right now all of us we are only alive because of God's long suffering and His
    divine forbearance. The wrath of God is over us all here due to the sin and wickedness
    of this world. There is no hope outside of Jesus Christ, so we can stay as we are or
    turn towards Him as He calls us the choice is ours when He calls. None of us can or will
    come to Him unless He calls so the only time we have a chance is when He is drawing
    us, and when that happens it isn't to be put off till later. No one has ever be saved
    tomorrow, today is the accepted time.

Hell isn't a likeable subject, but we were not consulted when God created the universe,
    and we were not consulted as He setup everything within it, and most certainly we were
    not consulted as He is setting up His eternal Kingdom. There are plenty of things that
    seem right to us but the end of them is death.

To be very clear Jesus isn't offering a way for us to avoid pain and suffering, Jesus is
    the Way to God.

Romans 3:24-26 English Standard Version (ESV)
    24 and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. 26 It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Jul '18 09:54
    To be very clear Jesus isn't offering a way for us to avoid pain and suffering, Jesus is
    the Way to God.
    So you mean there is no pain and suffering for people who don't believe "Jesus is
    the Way to God"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree