1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 12:54
    This matter of telling the Lord that we love Him and His Word, but that we are not able to do what the Bible says surely is not a natural concept or a religious concept. However, it is according to God’s economy. Should the Lord require you to preach the gospel of the kingdom to the uttermost part of the earth, you should say, “Lord, I love You, and I love the Word. But I must tell You, Lord, that I am not able to preach the gospel to the person next door, much less to the uttermost part of the earth. But, Lord, I love You, and I want to stay with You.” If you say this to the Lord, you will have the conviction deep within that even though you cannot fulfill this requirement, the Lord will do it in you and through you. As long as you love the Lord and His Word and as long as you stay with Him, He will do in you what you cannot do yourself.

When I read the Bible many years ago, I said, “Amen! I’ll do whatever the Bible says.” Now when I read the Word, I say, “Lord, I love the Word and I love You. But, Lord, You know that I can’t do what the Bible says. Now I know that whatever You tell me to do, You will do for me. I know what is on Your heart. You have no intention for me to do anything. Although You tell me to do certain things, Your desire is that You do these things in me. You simply want me to love You and to stay with You. The more I stay with You, love You, and tell You that I cannot do anything, the happier You are.”

The Lord likes us to tell Him again and again that we cannot do what the Word tells us to do. He wants to keep us with Him. The more we stay with Him and tell Him that we are not able to do anything, the happier He is. God wants us to stay with Him so that we, like Moses on the mountaintop, may be infused with Himself. This is what God desires today.

From Life Study of Exodus Msg 63, Witness Lee, LSM
    http://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?cid=1DD7
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 13:01
    It is not God’s intention in giving commandments that we should do things for Him. The concept of doing things for God is a fallen human concept. It is also a religious concept. After God created man, God did not charge him to do many things for Him. Instead, He gave man a commandment related to his eating. God placed the man created by Him in front of the tree of life and warned him not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. God’s intention was that man would eat of the tree of life and thereby receive God into him.

The Bible reveals that God created man as a vessel to contain Him. God did not ask this vessel to do anything for Him. Who would make a vessel and then expect it to do things? A vessel is a container. The Bible says that we are vessels of honor unto glory (Rom. 9:21, 23). Since God alone is honor and glory, to be a vessel of honor and glory is actually to contain God. Man was created by God to take God in and to contain Him. God did not create man with the intention of having man do things for Him.

From Life Study of Exodus by Witness Lee,
    Living Stream Ministry, Msg. 63

http://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?n
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 15:48
    When Moses went up to Mt. Sinai he stayed with God for 40 days. What was he DOING ? We don't know.

But when he came down something of the element of God and God's glory had infused him. Like iron mixed with fire, Moses shined. He experienced a transfiguration. He reflected God.

This is significant. The children of Israel below were saying foolishly - "All that the Lord commands us to do we will do."

Before the law was delivered, they already broke half the ten commandments, made an idol, profaned themselves, and schemed to go back to Egypt. All of this before Moses even came down with the ten commandments.

In light of the whole Bible this shows man must not just receive commands from God. Man needs to be transfused with, infused with, saturated and permeated with the element of God Himself for him to reflect and express God.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 17:36
    From Life Study of Exodus by Witness Lee, Msg 63, pg743

http://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?cid=3A00

In my experience with the Lord I have learned a particular secret, and I would like to share it with you. The secret is whenever you find that the Bible tells you to do a certain thing, do not say, “Lord, I’ll do this. I just ask You to help me do it.” Instead, tell Him that you love Him, but that you are not able to fulfill His requirements. For instance, a young person may say, “Lord, I love you. The Bible tells me to honor my parents. Lord, I must confess that I cannot honor them. But I do love You and Your Word. I want to stay with You according to Your Word. Lord, I just want to be here with You.” Then the Lord will assure that young person that although he cannot honor his parents, He Himself will do this in him. We should simply say amen to the Word of God. Then the Lord will do in us what we could never do ourselves. How marvelous!

No matter where we may be reading in the Bible, we need to say, “Lord, I love You, and I want to stay with You. Lord, I receive whatever You say. But, Lord, I cannot do it. However, now I know Your strategy. You will do everything for me and in me.” If a brother tries in himself to love his wife, he will not be able to do so. But if, instead of trying to love her, he stays with the Lord and is infused with Him, he will love his wife automatically. She may be greatly surprised at the love her husband has for her.

I can testify that many times I have made up my mind to do certain things, only to fail miserably. But at other times I simply opened to the Lord to be infused with Him. Then I found that the Lord would do in me what I was not able to do myself. This is what God is seeking today.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 19:28
    4 posts of garbage. Keep it coming.
  6. Joined
    28 Jan '15
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 22:28
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Arianism is much worse a garbage.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 22:432 edits
    From the time of Exodus the Word of God became full of commandments. Commandments and requirements came abundantly. But few realize that God's sent the law to expose man that his life from the fall cannot make it.

However God's life He wants to convey into man through His word. Fallen man is too much under the concept that he through his fallen life can live up to God's requirements.

Now here we see the New Testament say that a law of God could not give life -

" Is then the law against the promises of God? Absolutely not! For if a law had been given which was able to give life, righteousness would have indeed been of law." (Galatians 3:21)

God Himself infused into man can give divine life to man. But the law of God exposes man that his fallen life cannot live unto God.

Now this is a bit of a paradox because the law, the commandments WERE the word of God. And through God's speaking He can impart divine life to man.

In this little picture that I like we see God commanding the prophet Ezekiel to do something YET it is the speaking of God which empowers him to do it.

Watch:

"Then He said to me, Son of man, stand up on your feet, and I will speak with you.

And the Spirit entered into me when He spoke to me and caused me to stand up on my feet, And I heard Him who spoke to me." (Ezekiel 2:1,2)

Do you see that ?
    God Himself through His word came into the prophet enabling him to do what His word commanded. This is a window into the nature of the whole Bible.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 11:341 edit
    Originally posted by kevinlee123
    Arianism is much worse a garbage.
    You Witness Lee people are so far from God and Christ its not funny. Imagine preaching that its is ok to continue on in sin and disobeying God and just telling God that you love Him but cannot obey? What utter garbage !

Lies, deceit and crookedness is what you jokers preach:

And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
    (1 John 2:3-5 KJV)
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 11:41
    In the vernacular you're what is called a d:€k.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 11:521 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    In the vernacular you're what is called a d:€k.
    Your opinion pertaining to people, is like the wind blowing ... of no consequence.
    However if you are capable of making a contribution of value then I will comment.

Let me help you. Sonship and friends are making the claim that you can disobey God/Christ and just tell God that you love him and thats ok. Is that supported in the Bible. I quoted a passage and I can quote dozens more which say that following Christs commandments is not optional.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 11:54
    You Witness Lee people are so far from God and Christ its not funny. Imagine preaching that its is ok to continue on in sin and disobeying God and just telling God that you love Him but cannot obey? What utter garbage !

Lies, deceit and crookedness is what you jokers preach:

[b]And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He th ...[text shortened]... rily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
    (1 John 2:3-5 KJV)
    [/b]
    "You Witness Lee people are so far from God and Christ its not funny."

Who made you god that you can decide who's far from God?

"Imagine preaching that its is ok to continue on in sin and disobeying God and just telling God that you love Him but cannot obey?"

That's not what sonship is saying Clyde. When you stop sinning then you'll have room to preach your screech. You can't comprehend the simplest thing about the truth of the scriptures because you're too wrapped up in your own self righteousness.

When a believer is in obedience to God it's not by his own strength, but by the power of God through the Holy Spirit. If you have the nerve to think you can obey God by your own innate ability, then you're nothing less than a self righteous Pharisee.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 11:57
    Your opinion pertaining to people, is like the wind blowing ... of no consequence.
    However if you are capable of making a contribution of value then I will comment.

Let me help you. Sonship and friends are making the claim that you can disobey God/Christ and just tell God that you love him and thats ok. Is that supported in the Bible. I quoted a passage and I can quote dozens more which say that following Christs commandments is not optional.
    Delusion and hypocrisy. You're not even close. You must be getting your cues from robbie. You sound just like him.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 11:583 edits
    You Witness Lee people are so far from God and Christ its not funny.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First, "Witness Lee people" is purely your own phrase. We refer to the term "Christians".

Paul taught the Christians in the church in Corinth that all the servants of God belonged to them and all were for their progress and benefit.

"So then let no one boast in men, for all things are yours, Whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas or the world or life or death or things present or things to come; all are yours,

But you are Christ's and Christ is God's." (1 Cor. 3:21,22)

We meeting as local churches (one city - one church) take this word very seriously. All the spiritual benefits of good servants of God are for the building up of churches, whether Paul or Apollos or Peter or Luther or Calvin or Wesley or Nee or Lee or John MacArthur or Billy Graham or any other functioning member of the Body of Christ.

We can receive help from all these servants of God without saying we are their "people". The only name the church should lift up as our owner is the name Jesus Christ.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 12:091 edit

Imagine preaching that its is ok to continue on in sin and disobeying God and just telling God that you love Him but cannot obey?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are not saying it is ok to continue to sin. We are emphasizing that union with Christ means all the victory. We have to utterly identify with the one and only Victor and take Him as our everything and our all in all.

God is quite pleased with this.
    Is your way self improvement and self reform?
    Is yours a Christianity for the strong willed?

The slander you level reminds me if Romans 6. Some critics circulated a rumor that the apostle Paul was teaching that Christians should continue in sin.

"What then shall we say? Should we continue in sin that grace may abound? Absolutely not! We who have died to sin, how shall we still live in it?

Or are you ignorant that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death?

We have been buried therefore with Him through baptism into death that just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so also we might walk in newness of life," (Romans 6:1-5)

The apostle did not want Christians to be ignorant.
    They had to see that their utter union with Christ in His death and resurrection was their only way to walk in newness of life.

The posts in this thread have taught the same thing. And I will continue along this line.
    "
    For if we have grown together with Him in the likeness of His death, indeed we will also be in the likeness of His resurrection." (v.5)
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jun '15 12:43
    Sonship and friends are making the claim that you can disobey God/Christ and just tell God that you love him and thats ok. Is that supported in the Bible. I quoted a passage and I can quote dozens more which say that following Christs commandments is not optional.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The New Testament teaches that God operates in us BOTH the willing and the working for His good pleasure.

"For it is God who operates in you both the willing and the working for His good pleasure." (Phil. 2:13)

God is recovering His people to realize we have to tune into and touch the indwelling Christ. The indwelling living Christ as the Spirit with our spirit both is the source of the willing and the operating for God's will. This is why Paul said to work out our own salvation in harmony, in coordination, in union with the indwelling God - Jesus Christ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree