1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Mar '13 16:151 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay

I believe God is sovereign and yes absolutely too; however, as such it isn't like
    drawing a square circle, God gives you the power to make up your own mind
    you have it.
    Kelly
    Good example, Kelly. Here's another even closer to home: Just as Chess Rules are Sovereign, yet Each Chess Player
    Excercises Total Power Over the Strategy and Tactics Chosen; and Absolute Control Over Each Move that's Made.
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Mar '13 16:18
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I believe God is sovereign and yes absolutely too; however, as such it isn't like
    drawing a square circle, God gives you the power to make up your own mind
    you have it.
    Kelly
    'God gives you the power to make up your own mind'

and how do you make up your own mind? what dictates what decisions you will make?

if i go through a traumatic event that leaves me mentally damaged do i still have free will to make any decision or are my decisions dictated by the condition of my brain?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 08:101 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie

and how do you make up your own mind? what dictates what decisions you will make?

if i go through a traumatic event that leaves me mentally damaged do i still have free will to make any decision or are my decisions dictated by the condition of my brain?
    You feel you don't have a choice? People make them all the time, they do it
    when all things say this is the easy way even if it is nasty bad, or they do it
    when it is a very hard way and its good. Conditions may color your path but
    you choose, if you want to claim you have no choice, I'd be willing to bet that
    you are a take the easy way no matter what type of person least something
    cost you.
    Kelly
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 23:34
    Originally posted by stellspalfie

You want me to tell you how your brain works, really? Events, pleasure, pain,
    and suffering may lead you to make one choice over another, but they are not
    the drving force, people make choices that harm themselves with their eyes
    wide open all the time, because they feel/believe they are the right choices that
    should be made.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree