God is....

God is....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PDI

Moves
02 Mar 13
3 edits

A sinkhole opened up under a house in Florida, and seems to have swallowed up the occupant. Do any of these ideas appeal to Believers?

1) God made the sinkhole happen then and there because He wants that man killed, and He wants the man's insurance company to suffer monetary damages.

2) God was going to make the sinkhole happen with that timing at that location even if there had not been a house on the site and there had been no human to kill.

3) The sinkhole was a natural process and God did not specifically intend it to damage a house and swallow a human. God does not really care how and when a human being dies.

4) God saw the danger the man was in, and wanted to prevent the sinkhole from causing problems, but He was unable to hold the sand and limestone in place and failed to protect the property and its owner.

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
02 Mar 13

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
02 Mar 13

Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
A sinkhole opened up under a house in Florida, and seems to have swallowed up the occupant. Do any of these ideas appeal to Believers?

1) God made the sinkhole happen then and there because He wants that man killed, and He wants the man's insurance company to suffer monetary damages.

2) God was going to make the sinkhole happen with that timing a ...[text shortened]... nable to hold the sand and limestone in place and failed to protect the property and its owner.
5) Things happen, god or no god.

PDI

Moves
02 Mar 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Kepler
5) Things happen, god or no god.
Your (5) is veering pretty close to my (3).

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Mar 13
1 edit

2) God was going to make the sinkhole happen with that timing a ...[text shortened]... nable to hold the sand and limestone in place and failed to protect the property and its owner.
Each and everyone of us are going to die, after that judgment. If it happens
in bed, while driving, while sitting in a chair watching TV, it matters not it is
going to happen. We do not bring anything into this world we will not take
anything out, all we have is but temporary, we are given things, and we have
them taken away. It is how we respond, is it being grateful, with thanksgiving,
or with curses, and hate? Nothing happens to us that isn't common to man.
Kelly

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
02 Mar 13

Your (5) is veering pretty close to my (3).
True, but your 3 does not allow for there being no god.

PDI

Moves
03 Mar 13
1 edit

Originally posted by KellyJay it matters not it is going to happen.[/b]
Where do you stand on the idea of an absolutely sovereign God?

As I understand it, it is not correct (in the view of the believers who say God is absolutely sovereign) to say God ALLOWED something to happen; rather He CAUSED it to happen. A Christian is stranded alone at sea in a lifeboat and slowly starves to death. Was that allowed to happen? Or made to happen?

Are there modes of death, such as a heart attack while you sleep, that you would prefer?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
03 Mar 13

As I understand it, it is not correct (in the view of the believers who say God is absolutely sovereign) to say God ALLOWED something to happen; rather He CAUSED it to happen. A Christian is stranded alone at sea in a lifeboat and slowly starves to death. Was that allowed to happen? Or m ...[text shortened]... ?

Are there modes of death, such as a heart attack while you sleep, that you would prefer?
Some die in a state of good health; other in the midst of severe illness. Some in operating suites, others still buckled in there seats when jets fall out of the skies. Physical Death in all scenarios occurs at the moment the brain ceases to function. Cause, quite irrelevant except in novels and movies. Like it or Not, You (your Immortal Soul, The Essence of Your Being) Continues to Live at One of Two Addresses for All Eternity.

Our Creator didn't make Disposable Human Beings.

PDI

Moves
03 Mar 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Some die in a state of good health; other in the midst of severe illness. Some in operating suites, others still buckled in there seats when jets fall out of the skies.
In some parallel Universe that is without a Good Shepherd, what modes of death would there be?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
03 Mar 13

In some parallel Universe that is without a Good Shepherd, what modes of death would there be?
"In some parallel Universe", a suppostion without revelation at best. "Good Shepherd, what modes of death would there be" categories of questions (in my opinion) are wihout foundation and frivolous. Same time, I appreciate the stern fact that your restless mind continues finding and turning over new stones in its unrelenting search.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
03 Mar 13
1 edit

Some die in a state of good health; other in the midst of severe illness. Some in operating suites, others still buckled in there seats when jets fall out of the skies. Physical Death in all scenarios occurs at the moment the brain ceases to function. Cause, quite irrelevant except in novels and movies. Like it or Not, You (your Immortal Soul, The Essen ...[text shortened]... e at One of Two Addresses for All Eternity.

Our Creator didn't make Disposable Human Beings.
One of two adresses for all of eternity,eh?

Codswallop, my good sir. I may not be able to tell you, (as concisely as you), as to where your 'soul' is going after death, if anywhere, but I am perfectly sure that there is no eternal hell.
I believe that nearly all Christians have been sucked into this idea (of hell). It makes for easier control of people to tell them that not only can you torture and kill them in this life, but God will continue to torture your 'soul' forever (if you dont comply).
There is just no getting around this for me.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Mar 13

Originally posted by karoly aczel

One of two adresses for all of eternity,eh?

Codswallop, my good sir. I may not be able to tell you, (as concisely as you), as to where your 'soul' is going after death, if anywhere, but I am perfectly sure that there is no eternal hell.
I believe that nearly all Christians have been sucked into this idea (of hell). It makes for easier control ...[text shortened]... torture your 'soul' forever (if you dont comply).
There is just no getting around this for me.
Choice is yours, Karoly. You, alone, decide which of two addresses will be yours:

http://www.godvine.com/bible/John/3-16-17

(Please ponder the amplifying footnotes)

PDI

Moves
04 Mar 13
2 edits

Choice is yours, Karoly. You, alone, decide which of two addresses will be yours:
From the Wikipedia article on Calvinism:

<<"Unconditional election" asserts that God has chosen from eternity those whom he will bring to himself not based on foreseen virtue, merit, or faith in those people; rather, his choice is unconditionally grounded in his mercy alone. God has chosen from eternity to extend mercy to those he has chosen and to withhold mercy from those not chosen.">>

Is it fair to say that you, GB, disagree with Calvinist Christians? What would you say to convince them they are getting it wrong?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Mar 13
2 edits

From the Wikipedia article on Calvinism:

<<"Unconditional election" asserts that God has chosen from eternity those whom he will bring to himself not based on foreseen virtue, merit, or faith in those people; rather, his choice is unconditionally grounded in his mercy alone. God has chosen from eternity to extend mercy to those he has chosen and to w isagree with Calvinist Christians? What would you say to convince them they are getting it wrong?
God's Omniscience knew which people would accept His Grace Gift which He offered to the Entire Human Race and which would choose to reject it for whatever rationales, reasons or counterfeit measures they may devise. By Divine Decree in Eternity Past, He Predestined/Planned All Manner of Blessing and Happiness for those who would receive this Free Gift: free for the taking because it was Purchased at Great Cost by His Uniquely Born, Co-Equal and Co-Eternal Son's Substitutionary Spiritual Death [six hours of total separation from God, The Father] on Behalf of Mankind. His Desire is that All Shall be Reconciled Unto Himself and that None Should be Separated from Relationship with Him and Abandoned in Abject Lonliness; Physical; and Mental Misery for All Eternity, Without Possibility of Appeal or Parole. Any manmade religion or sect which misconstrues the clear teaching of Scripture, from the Original Languages in which it was written, does no favors for its adherents, no matter how well intentioned its crusade.

www.godvine.com/bible/1-Timothy/2-4

Paul, I'd encourage you to visit this information and to sleep on what you find. Getting it right is critical for us all. (gb)

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Mar 13

As I understand it, it is not correct (in the view of the believers who say God is absolutely sovereign) to say God ALLOWED something to happen; rather He CAUSED it to happen. A Christian is stranded alone at sea in a lifeboat and slowly starves to death. Was that allowed to happen? Or ...[text shortened]... pen?

I believe God is sovereign and yes absolutely too; however, as such it isn't like
drawing a square circle, God gives you the power to make up your own mind
you have it.
Kelly