God is....

God is....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
25 Feb 13
4 edits

Originally posted by KellyJay
People do a lot of evil things, those that claim to be Christain and those that
do not. God is true people are not, if you want the perfect person you will be
found wanting the rest of your life.
Kelly
Who said anything about a "perfect person"?

What I asked was this:
Even if it were not, many Christians turn a blind eye to things such as greed, gluttony, lying etc. Just look at how many Christians support capitalism which has greed as its foundation: Greed is the motivating factor that propels capitalism forward. Just look at how many Christians are accepting of those who overeat. Just look at how many Christians are accepting of those [who] routinely and intentionally lie in business, politics and their personal lives. They seem to have no problem believing that such individuals and even themselves have 'God as [their] Lord'. How are such Christians not hypocrites?

Or was your response meant to be an acknowledging that they are hypocrites and that their bigotry gets in the way of them treating homosexuals fairly? That homosexuals have 'God as [their] Lord' just as much as anyone else?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Feb 13

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Who said anything about a "perfect person"?

What I asked was this:
[quote]Even if it were not, many Christians turn a blind eye to things such as greed, gluttony, lying etc. Just look at how many Christians support capitalism which has greed as its foundation: Greed is the motivating factor that propels capitalism forward. Just look at how many Christ ...[text shortened]... mosexuals fairly? That homosexuals have 'God as [their] Lord' just as much as anyone else?
No, my response was to agree with you, there is a lot of hypocrites! Christians
are by definition saved sinners, we are not without sin! What do you think you
are going to see when looking at them perfection? It is something we strive
for but fall and fail short of, which is why we need Jesus Christ to clean us up
we cannot do it on our own.
Kelly

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
25 Feb 13

Now I have my answer. God is an excuse for supposedly rational adults to engage in childish squabbles. Thank you all for clearing that up for me.

Cape Town

Moves
25 Feb 13

No, my response was....
You say "no" then proceed to essentially agree to everything he said. What did you disagree with?

Cape Town

Moves
25 Feb 13

Originally posted by Kepler
Now I have my answer. God is an excuse for supposedly rational adults to engage in childish squabbles. Thank you all for clearing that up for me.
I thought that was what internet forums were. So are internet forums God?

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
25 Feb 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
I thought that was what internet forums were. So are internet forums God?
Internet forums are the place, god is the excuse. If god not exist we would have to create him/her/it to provide an excuse for childish squabbles on the internet.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Feb 13

Originally posted by Kepler
Internet forums are the place, god is the excuse. If god not exist we would have to create him/her/it to provide an excuse for childish squabbles on the internet.
God is not an excuse, He is the solution, excuses are what people bring to the
table to push off blame from themselves.
Kelly

O

Moves
25 Feb 13

God is not an excuse, He is the solution, excuses are what people bring to the
table to push off blame from themselves.
Kelly
I thought religious people regarded their god as omnipotent, all knowing and the creator of all things! God must have known he was creating sin and evil when he created man,if not your god has limits! God knowingly created our problems, of course you can use god as an excuse.

T

Moves
25 Feb 13

No, my response was to agree with you, there is a lot of hypocrites! Christians
are by definition saved sinners, we are not without sin! What do you think you
are going to see when looking at them perfection? It is something we strive
for but fall and fail short of, which is why we need Jesus Christ to clean us up
we cannot do it on our own.
Kelly
Not sure what to make of this response either. It is both conflicting and ambiguous. So I'll try a different tack. I'll state what it is you appear to be saying and assume that all parts are a true representation of your position except for any parts for which you tell me otherwise.

You do not believe that any Christian should judge a fellow human being as unfit to live or support capital punishment.

You do not believe that any Christian should judge a fellow human being who is in a loving, caring, same-sex relationship as unfit to attend their church, unfit to lead their congregation, unfit for marriage, etc.

You do believe that any Christians, who do judge fellow human beings as such, are hypocrites.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Feb 13

Not sure what to make of this response either. It is both conflicting and ambiguous. So I'll try a different tack. I'll state what it is you appear to be saying and assume that all parts are a true representation of your position except for any parts for which you tell me otherwise.

You do not believe that any Christian should judge a fellow human bein ...[text shortened]...
You do believe that any Christians, who do judge fellow human beings as such, are hypocrites.
I don't have issue one with someone judging another in a trial where a life
is on the line by law. Is that what you want to know?

I don't agree with the homosexual life style as something that lines up with
scripture, and as such those that choose it do so over God.

I don't believe Christians are perfect, if you look for flaws you will find them.

Kelly

T

Moves
25 Feb 13
2 edits

is on the line by law. Is that what you want to know?

I don't believe Christians are perfect, if you look for flaws you will find them.

Kelly
Thanks for providing a more direct answer to the first two. Since you didn't directly address the following, I'll assume it still stands:
"You do believe that any Christians, who do judge fellow human beings as such, are hypocrites."

Given your responses to the other statements, that would include you.

is on the line by law.

Earlier you said:
"....but it is the same for all, all sinned and all can be saved."

Given that, how can you or anyone else judge a fellow human being as being unfit to live? How can you support intentionally ending the life of another? How is this not hypocrisy on your part?

Do you similarly believe that those who exhibit things such as greed, gluttony, lying, etc. are also choosing those things "over God"? That you similarly judge such individuals as unfit to attend church, unfit to lead a congregation, unfit for marriage, etc. If you don't, how is it not hypocrisy on your part?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Feb 13
1 edit

Thanks for providing a more direct answer to the first two. Since you didn't directly address the following, I'll assume it still stands:
"You do believe that any Christians, who do judge fellow human beings as such, are hypocrites."

[b]I don't have issue one with someone judging egation, unfit for marriage, etc. If you don't, how is it not hypocrisy on your part?
[/b]A hypocrite is someone who is doing something and judging someone else who
is doing the same thing as bad or less than when they accept it or excuse it in
themselves or those they support. This is not a blanket statement against
Christians or anyone else, you can find hypocrites anywhere.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Feb 13
1 edit

[b]I don't have issue one with someone judging egation, unfit for marriage, etc. If you don't, how is it not hypocrisy on your part?
"Earlier you said:
"....but it is the same for all, all sinned and all can be saved."

Given that, how can you or anyone else judge a fellow human being as being unfit to live? How can you support intentionally ending the life of another? How is this not hypocrisy on your part? "

[/b]Are you just picking little pieces of things and ignoring others? I said very
clearly that salvation and paying for one's sins in this life are not the same
thing and gave examples. If you cannot get that there is nothing I can say to
you that will clear it up.
Kelly

T

Moves
25 Feb 13

A hypocrite is someone who is doing something and judging someone else who
is doing the same thing as bad or less than when they accept it or excuse it in
themselves or those they support. This is not a blanket statement against
Christians or anyone else, you can find hypocrites anywhere.
Kelly[/b]
You've made it clear that you have no intention of providing open, honest and forthright answers.

One thing is reasonably clear though. You judge others harshly for their sins, yet believe your own sins and the sins of those you support should be accepted.

Matthew 7
1“Do not judge so that you will not be judged. 2“For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. 3“Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4“Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ and behold, the log is in your own eye? 5“You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Feb 13

You've made it clear that you have no intention of providing open, honest and forthright answers.

One thing is reasonably clear though. You judge others harshly for their sins, yet believe your own sins and the sins of those you support should be accepted.

Matthew 7
1“Do not judge so that you will not be judged. 2“For in the way you judge, you wil ...[text shortened]... out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.
No where have you seen me say that. You should take that verse to heart.
Kelly