God is....

God is....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 Feb 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
What I said is true regardless of whether or not one considers the earthly realm somehow superior to heaven.
In your mind and in the minds of others who think like you, sure, why not? You've got everything else about God wrong.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Feb 13
1 edit

Originally posted by caissad4
If your god would forgive the likes of Hitler or Stalin then your religion is totally screwed up.😠
It fell out that are all condemned and the salvation was made for all, you can
pick out the worst and best among us by judging us as you see fit, but it is the
same for all, all sinned and all can be saved. No one will be with a valid excuse
before God.
Kelly

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
24 Feb 13

Originally posted by KellyJay
pick out the worst and best among us by judging us as you see fit, but it is the
same for all, all sinned and all can be saved. No one will be with a valid excuse
before God.
Kelly
What clarity.

T

Moves
24 Feb 13
5 edits

before God.
Kelly
If this is true, then why do so many Christians judge others to be unfit to live (as in supporting capital punishment)?

If this is true, then why do so many Christians judge homosexuals to be unfit to attend their church, unfit to lead their congregation, unfit for marriage, unfit to be in a loving caring relationship with a same-sex partner, etc.?

Are such Christians just blatant hypocrites?

PDI

Moves
24 Feb 13

I have long been interested in how literally Believers take the Bible. For instance, when it says in Revelation that objects in Heaven are made of gold, do you believe the gold is composed of atoms having 79 protons and 118 neutrons in the nucleus, surrounded by 79 electrons?

Is Heaven a place where you will have teeth, knee joints, a digestive tract, a urinary bladder, and so forth? Can you order a sirloin steak? If you can, does a cow have to be slaughtered in Heaven?

What do you think about the Mormon claim that righteous Mormon males become administrators of planets somewhere out there when they pass on?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Feb 13

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
If this is true, then why do so many Christians judge others to be unfit to live (as in supporting capital punishment)?

If this is true, then why do so many Christians judge homosexuals to be unfit to attend their church, unfit to lead their congregation, unfit for marriage, unfit to be in a loving caring relationship with a same-sex partner, etc.?

Apples and oranges, salvation and punishment for crimes are not one and the
same. I can steal and get caught, be forgiven, that does not mean I have a
get out of jail free card; I will suffer what my actions demand here. It is no
different if my sin caused me to pick up some diseases, I get forgiven, but I'm
no longer healthy due to my actions.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Feb 13
1 edit

There is a great division among people of faith and those that accept the
homosexual lifestyle, scripturally it is sin. We are to turn away from sin and
towards God, it sort of defeats the purpose if you wish to define your life by
a sin you choose to embrace, and reject God's view upon that practice. God is
your Lord or He is not, it isn't a half way sort of thing, just like being pregnant,
you are or you’re not.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Feb 13

Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
I have long been interested in how literally Believers take the Bible. For instance, when it says in Revelation that objects in Heaven are made of gold, do you believe the gold is composed of atoms having 79 protons and 118 neutrons in the nucleus, surrounded by 79 electrons?

Is Heaven a place where you will have teeth, knee joints, a digestive trac ...[text shortened]... t righteous Mormon males become administrators of planets somewhere out there when they pass on?
I'm not a Mormon, and I don't believe in many things they accept as true.
Kelly

Cape Town

Moves
24 Feb 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
In your mind and in the minds of others who think like you, sure, why not? You've got everything else about God wrong.
I notice that you know I am right, which is why you are so reluctant to discuss it and are instead going with the 'vague dismissal' tactic. If you genuinely think I am wrong then explain exactly where and why you think I got it wrong.

PDI

Moves
24 Feb 13
1 edit

If someone tests out at 65 on an IQ test, and that person winds up in Heaven, will that person engage in discussions and activities in Heaven that are in line with an IQ of 65?

If God "fixes" mental deficiencies in an afterlife, isn't He creating an entity that is really no longer the same as the one who lived out a life on Earth? In what sense is John Doe receiving his reward in Heaven if his mind is no longer the mind that Mr. Doe had when he was walking among us?

T

Moves
24 Feb 13
2 edits

Apples and oranges, salvation and punishment for crimes are not one and the
same. I can steal and get caught, be forgiven, that does not mean I have a
get out of jail free card; I will suffer what my actions demand here. It is no
different if my sin caused me to pick up some diseases, I get forgiven, but I'm
no longer healthy due to my actions.
Kelly
You seem to be avoiding the points.

What gives a Christian the right to determine that a fellow human being is unfit to live?

What gives a Christian the right to determine that a fellow human being who is in a loving, caring, same-sex relationship is unfit to attend their church, unfit to lead their congregation, unfit for marriage, etc. ?

T

Moves
24 Feb 13
5 edits

There is a great division among people of faith and those that accept the
homosexual lifestyle, scripturally it is sin. We are to turn away from sin and
towards God, it sort of defeats the purpose if you wish to define your life by
a sin you choose to embrace, and reject God's view upon that practice. God is
your Lord or He is not, it isn't a half way sort of thing, just like being pregnant,
you are or you’re not.
Kelly
scripturally it is sin...God is your Lord or He is not, it isn't a half way sort of thing, just like being pregnant, you are or you’re not.

Actually whether or not a loving caring relationships between same sex couples is "scripturally [a] sin" is debatable.

Even if it were not, many Christians turn a blind eye to things such as greed, gluttony, lying etc. Just look at how many Christians support capitalism which has greed as its foundation: Greed is the motivating factor that propels capitalism forward. Just look at how many Christians are accepting of those who overeat. Just look at how many Christians are accepting of those routinely and intentionally lie in business, politics and their personal lives. They seem to have no problem believing that such individuals and even themselves have 'God as [their] Lord'. How are such Christians not hypocrites?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Feb 13

You seem to be avoiding the points.

What gives a Christian the right to determine that a fellow human being is unfit to live?

What gives a Christian the right to determine that a fellow human being who is in a loving, caring, same-sex relationship is unfit to attend their church, unfit to lead their congregation, unfit for marriage, etc. ?
Law
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Feb 13

[b] scripturally it is sin...God is your Lord or He is not, it isn't a half way sort of thing, just like being pregnant, you are or you’re not.

Actually whether or not a loving caring relationships between same sex couples is "scripturally [a] sin" is debatable.

Even if it were not, many Christians turn a blind eye to things such as greed, glut ...[text shortened]... als and even themselves have 'God as [their] Lord'. How are such Christians not hypocrites?[/b]
People do a lot of evil things, those that claim to be Christain and those that
do not. God is true people are not, if you want the perfect person you will be
found wanting the rest of your life.
Kelly

T

Moves
25 Feb 13

Law
Kelly
Meaning? That answer is too ambiguous to ascertain exactly what you mean by that.