God is....

God is....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
23 Feb 13

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne

While Jesus walked the Earth, He taught 'salvation through righteousness' (which requires that one become the embodiment of righteousness) rather than 'salvation by grace' (which requires "the idea that Jesus could pay for sins on behalf of others" of which TW spoke).
Ephesians 2: 8...

http://www.godvine.com/bible/Ephesians/2-8

(Please see commentary and notes)

T

Moves
23 Feb 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Ephesians 2: 8...

http://www.godvine.com/bible/Ephesians/2-8

(Please see commentary and notes)
And yet:
While Jesus walked the Earth, He taught 'salvation through righteousness' (which requires that one become the embodiment of righteousness) rather than 'salvation by grace' (which requires "the idea that Jesus could pay for sins on behalf of others" of which TW spoke).

Why do you choose to follow Paul rather than Jesus?

John 10:27-28
"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 Feb 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
Even God cannot undo the past. The greatest lie you Christians preach is that God can right a wrong. It is not possible. A wrong can never be righted, suffering can never be undone. Punishment does not make everything balance.
The idea that Jesus could pay for sins on behalf of others is at the heart of Christianity and is based on the same flawed logic. ...[text shortened]... That makes a compassionate God capable of intervening in such events incompatible with reality.
All you say here might be true if one considered this earthly realm somehow superior to Heaven.

Cape Town

Moves
23 Feb 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
All you say here might be true if one considered this earthly realm somehow superior to Heaven.
What I said is true regardless of whether or not one considers the earthly realm somehow superior to heaven.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
23 Feb 13
2 edits

And yet:

John eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.
a) "Jesus taught that one is to become righteous..."(ThinkofOne, previous page post)

"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and b) I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.

c) "become" by their own human effort or b) receive the Grace Gift of "Eternal Life"?

T

Moves
23 Feb 13
4 edits

a) "Jesus taught that [b]one is to become righteous..."(ThinkofOne, previous page post)

"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and b) I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.

c) "become" by their own human effort or b) receive the Grace Gift of "Eternal Life"?
.[/b]
Try to keep it all in context GB:
Jesus taught that one is to become righteous, i.e. the embodiment of truth, love, compassion, justice, etc. Jesus taught that righteousness, where one cannot continue to sin, is required for "eternal life" / "heaven" / "salvation".

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
24 Feb 13

Try to keep it all in context GB:
Jesus taught that one is to become righteous, i.e. the embodiment of truth, love, compassion, justice, etc. Jesus taught that righteousness, where one cannot continue to sin, is required for "eternal life" / "heaven" / "salvation".

While Jesus walked the Earth, He taught 'salvation through righteousness' (which ...[text shortened]... TW spoke).

The Issue is (and always has been) the Risen Christ,

who is our only Hope of Salvation and Eternal Life,

as the Apostle Paul taught nearly 2,000 Years Ago.

T

Moves
24 Feb 13
1 edit

The Issue is (and always has been) the Risen Christ,

who is our only Hope of Salvation and Eternal Life,

as the Apostle Paul taught nearly 2,000 Years Ago.
Exactly. Why do you choose to follow Paul rather than Jesus? Is the allure of cheap salvation so great that you don't care what foundation you build upon?

Luke 6
46 “Why do you call Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? 47 “Everyone who comes to Me and hears My words and acts on them, I will show you whom he is like: 48 he is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid a foundation on the rock; and when a flood occurred, the torrent burst against that house and could not shake it, because it had been well built. 49 “But the one who has heard and has not acted accordingly, is like a man who built a house on the ground without any foundation; and the torrent burst against it and immediately it collapsed, and the ruin of that house was great.”

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
24 Feb 13

Exactly. Why do you choose to follow Paul rather than Jesus? Is the allure of cheap salvation so great that you don't care what foundation you build upon?

Luke 6
46 “Why do you call Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? 47 “Everyone who comes to Me and hears My words and acts on them, I will show you whom he is like: 48 he is like a man b ...[text shortened]... d the torrent burst against it and immediately it collapsed, and the ruin of that house was great.”
... as the Apostle Paul taught nearly 2,000 Years Ago.

T

Moves
24 Feb 13

... as the Apostle Paul taught nearly 2,000 Years Ago.
Which is the point you keep trying to avoid.

Why do you choose to follow Paul rather than Jesus? Is the allure of cheap salvation so great that you don't care what foundation you build upon?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
24 Feb 13

Which is the point you keep trying to avoid.

Why do you choose to follow Paul rather than Jesus? Is the allure of cheap salvation so great that you don't care what foundation you build upon?
Thank you.

T

Moves
24 Feb 13

Thank you.
Can't say as I'm all that surprised. From what I've seen, you'd be a rare Christian indeed if you were willing to walk in the light of truth.

John 12:35-36
So Jesus said to them, “For a little while longer the Light is among you. Walk while you have the Light, so that darkness will not overtake you; he who walks in the darkness does not know where he goes. 36 “While you have the Light, believe in the Light, so that you may become sons of Light.”

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Feb 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
What I said is true regardless of whether or not one considers the earthly realm somehow superior to heaven.
According to the Holy Bible, God can erase our memories and give us new memories. How about that for righting a wrong? 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 Feb 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
According to the Holy Bible, God can erase our memories and give us new memories. How about that for righting a wrong? 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
Why don't you ask [your] god to wipe our memories so no one here remembers what an asshat you are.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
24 Feb 13

Originally posted by KellyJay
We the devil believes in God, it isn't going to get him any mercy. If Jesus wasn't
Hitler's Lord and Savior he died in his sins and will pay for every deed and idle
word he spoke.
Kelly
If your god would forgive the likes of Hitler or Stalin then your religion is totally screwed up.πŸ˜