God is....

God is....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Feb 13

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
I know you're Jaywill.

[b]Your recollection sounds a little suspicious to me. I have had no problem informing posters that a certain biblical problem was too difficult for me. So what you discribe doesn't sound too familiar.

Regardless, we went through many a post before you finally admitted it - with your remarkably illogical caveat of course. ...[text shortened]... stians place so little value on truth especially when so many proclaim, "God is truth".[/b]
Seem like this gets to the heart of the matter: Placing "personal enjoyment" above truth. That said, still can't understand why so many Christians place so little value on truth especially when so many proclaim, "God is truth".

While we "enjoy" God, God accomplishes His purpose of dispensing His life into man. For the eternal purpose is about God dispensing Himself into man for a mingling of the divine with the human.

So this "enjoyment" is a channel through which the purpose of God is accomplished.

Also it is not only "personal" but corperate as well.

There is no way that you will ever ever ever be able to come up with a way to live which is superior to living in oneness with God.

You were given years to demonstrate what you had which surpassed living in union with Christ. As far as I can see you are still tapping around in the darkness - the blind leading the blind.

T

Moves
22 Feb 13
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship
Seem like this gets to the heart of the matter: Placing "personal enjoyment" above truth. That said, still can't understand why so many Christians place so little value on truth especially when so many proclaim, "God is truth".

While we "enjoy" God, God accomplishes His purpose of dispensing His life into man. For the eternal purpose i I can see you are still tapping around in the darkness - the blind leading the blind.
There is no way that you will ever ever ever be able to come up with a way to live which is superior to living in oneness with God.

Fascinating how anyone, in all seriousness, can believe that "oneness with God" can be achieved by those who continue to sin, i.e., go against the will of God. But no doubt that your "personal enjoyment" blinds you to this truth also.

One cannot be "one with God" as Jesus was "one with God" and continue to sin. Jesus recognized this fact which is made clear by His teachings. It's unfortunate that so few Christians believe Him.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Feb 13

[b]There is no way that you will ever ever ever be able to come up with a way to live which is superior to living in oneness with God.

Fascinating how anyone, in all seriousness, can believe that "oneness with God" can be achieved by those who continue to sin, i.e., go against the will of God. But no doubt that your "personal enjoyment" blinds you ...[text shortened]... ch is made clear by His teachings. It's unfortunate that so few Christians believe Him.[/b]
In all seriousness you write a lot of really stupid things. You know that?

Go learn what this means - "always learning and never able to come to the full knowledge of the truth ..."

You don't know the Scripture and you don't know the power of God.

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
23 Feb 13

Christian mud wrestling. Very unedifying although it might be more amusing if the Revd. Hindquarters were to join in.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
23 Feb 13

Go learn what this means - [b]"always learning and never able to come to the full knowledge of the truth ..."

You don't know the Scripture and you don't know the power of God.[/b]
Power of God ??????
Just where was your God when Hitler,Stalin, and countless others were murdering millions? Unless he gave it his blessing. Hmmmm..... You Christians are a hoot.

T

Moves
23 Feb 13
3 edits

Go learn what this means - [b]"always learning and never able to come to the full knowledge of the truth ..."

You don't know the Scripture and you don't know the power of God.[/b]

Let's see:

You admitted two verses contradict each other, but insisted that you believed they were both true - and equally so.

You believe that "oneness with God" can be achieved by those who continue to sin, i.e., go against the will of God. How can two things be "one", yet be different?

Yet somehow you believe that I "write a lot of stupid things". Fascinating.

Go learn what this means - "always learning and never able to come to the full knowledge of the truth ..."

Not surprising that you override the teachings of Jesus with the teachings of Paul. What I can't figure out is why you call Jesus "Lord" when you follow Paul.

Wouldn't it make more sense to adopt a coherent belief system? Wouldn't it make more sense to adopt the teachings of Jesus?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Feb 13

Originally posted by caissad4
Power of God ??????
Just where was your God when Hitler,Stalin, and countless others were murdering millions? Unless he gave it his blessing. Hmmmm..... You Christians are a hoot.
Do you see Hitler, Stalin now? They came and went just as all other sinners will,
and when the time comes all of them will be dealt with for good, you'll have not
trouble knowing where God is at that time.
Kelly

O

Moves
23 Feb 13

Originally posted by KellyJay
Do you see Hitler, Stalin now? They came and went just as all other sinners will,
and when the time comes all of them will be dealt with for good, you'll have not
Kelly
Shame you weren't able to tell the small children that as they shot and gassed by the SS!!!!!!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Feb 13

Originally posted by OdBod
Shame you weren't able to tell the small children that as they shot and gassed by the SS!!!!!!
Wait till the end when all debts are settled.
Kelly

Cape Town

Moves
23 Feb 13

Kelly
Even God cannot undo the past. The greatest lie you Christians preach is that God can right a wrong. It is not possible. A wrong can never be righted, suffering can never be undone. Punishment does not make everything balance.
The idea that Jesus could pay for sins on behalf of others is at the heart of Christianity and is based on the same flawed logic.
The fact is that if God exists, then he stood by and watched Hitler and Stalin do their dirty work and he did nothing, and nothing he could ever do in future could undo this inaction and the suffering it allowed to happen. That makes a compassionate God capable of intervening in such events incompatible with reality.

T

Moves
23 Feb 13
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
Even God cannot undo the past. The greatest lie you Christians preach is that God can right a wrong. It is not possible. A wrong can never be righted, suffering can never be undone. Punishment does not make everything balance.
The idea that Jesus could pay for sins on behalf of others is at the heart of Christianity and is based on the same flawed logic. ...[text shortened]... That makes a compassionate God capable of intervening in such events incompatible with reality.
The idea that Jesus could pay for sins on behalf of others is at the heart of Christianity and is based on the same flawed logic

It may be at the "heart of Christianity", but it is not at the heart of the teachings of Jesus while He walked the Earth. Jesus taught that one is to become righteous, i.e. the embodiment of truth, love, compassion, justice, etc. Jesus taught that righteousness, where one cannot continue to sin, is required for "eternal life" / "heaven" / "salvation". Do you believe that this is also flawed?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
23 Feb 13

[b]The idea that Jesus could pay for sins on behalf of others is at the heart of Christianity and is based on the same flawed logic

It may be at the "heart of Christianity", but it is not at the heart of the teachings of Jesus while He walked the Earth. Jesus taught that one is to become righteous, i.e. the embodiment of truth, love, compassion, ...[text shortened]... ed for "eternal life" / "heaven" / "salvation". Do you believe that this is also flawed?[/b]
Reflecting the Person and Mind of Christ as the Means of Eternal Salvation or as the Result of Becoming a Believer (by the simple, unmeritorious excercise of Faith Alone in Christ Alone) and Growing in Grace through the Daily Internal Renovation of Your Thought, Values and Behavior?

T

Moves
23 Feb 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Reflecting the Person and Mind of Christ as the Means of Eternal Salvation or as the Result of Becoming a Believer (by the simple, unmeritorious excercise of Faith Alone in Christ Alone) and Growing in Grace through the Daily Internal Renovation of Your Thought, Values and Behavior?
While Jesus walked the Earth, He taught 'salvation through righteousness' (which requires that one become the embodiment of righteousness) rather than 'salvation by grace' (which requires "the idea that Jesus could pay for sins on behalf of others" of which TW spoke).

t

Moves
23 Feb 13

Kelly
the only sin that cannot be forgiven is the denial of god. hitler did believe in god so there is a chance he could be forgiven kelly.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Feb 13

Originally posted by tim88
the only sin that cannot be forgiven is the denial of god. hitler did believe in god so there is a chance he could be forgiven kelly.
We the devil believes in God, it isn't going to get him any mercy. If Jesus wasn't
Hitler's Lord and Savior he died in his sins and will pay for every deed and idle
word he spoke.
Kelly