god: the lost years

god: the lost years

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
20 Jun 13

Originally posted by sonship
us saying to god that some of his actions are immoral is not the same as this. this is god coming to earth and condemning himself to a temporary death under a set of rules that he himself has chose seemingly arbitrarily to help humans with a concept 'sin' that he himself has invented!!!! its total and utter nonsense.

I do not see the rede ...[text shortened]... the Son of God. Not ONE life would I consider being worth it, living without Jesus.
"I'll put it to you this way. Had I ten lives on earth to live I would not want to waste ONE of them being a disbeliever in the Son of God. Not ONE life would I consider being worth it, living without Jesus."

so if jesus was proven to be a fake..........would you kill yourself?

Moves
20 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
Bingo!

Well said.

(I'm calling my next dog Bingo, lol.)
same question for you.

if jesus was proven a fake......(dramatic pause again).........would you kill yourself?

edit: bingo is a good dogs name. mine are called stella belle and alfie spalfie (aka. evil lord spalfidore, the butcher of york).

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by stellspalfie
same question for you.

if jesus was proven a fake......(dramatic pause again).........would you kill yourself?
lol, that's not even a realistic question.

Jesus is not fake and cannot be proven so.

Don't you mean if somehow I was tricked by Satan into believing He was fake? Totally different story.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Jun 13

edit: bingo is a good dogs name. mine are called stella belle and alfie spalfie (aka. evil lord spalfidore, the butcher of york).
well, you know, Bingo was his name-o. 🙂

Moves
20 Jun 13

lol, that's not even a realistic question.

Jesus is not fake and cannot be proven so.
hypothetically.....you use your imagination and then think how would the you of this world react if faced with that situation. try a practice scenario to warm up.......if you had to kick a forum member in the nuts which one would it be?

Moves
20 Jun 13

well, you know, Bingo was his name-o. 🙂
b.i.n.g.o...b.i.n.g.o...bingo was his naaaaaaaam-oooooo!!!

(full time dad, i even have dance moves).

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Jun 13

hypothetically.....you use your imagination and then think how would the you of this world react if faced with that situation. try a practice scenario to warm up.......if you had to kick a forum member in the nuts which one would it be?
unless someone had really, really pissed me off that day, I'd accept the penalty for not complying.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Jun 13

Well, that's rather like someone saying "well, hypothetically, what if we found out the Sun was just a giant cardboard cut-out illuminated by a zillion floodlights?"

I'm like, er, what?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Jun 13

b.i.n.g.o...b.i.n.g.o...bingo was his naaaaaaaam-oooooo!!!

(full time dad, i even have dance moves).
lol, I wanna see a video of Elvis doing "B-I-N-G-O" in concert. 🙂

Moves
20 Jun 13

Well, that's rather like someone saying "well, hypothetically, what if we found out the Sun was just a giant cardboard cut-out illuminated by a zillion floodlights?"

I'm like, er, what?
it is exactly what its like. its still possible to give a logical answer. it would be amazing if we found the sun was a zillion floodlights, we would have to throw nearly everything we know about physics out of the window and start again. obviously the key bit of information would be 'how did we find out?' would it be like the truman show where one falls out of the sky?

your turn. you cannot opt out or take a punishment.

if jesus didnt was discovered to be a fake, would you rather die than live in a world without him? or, if its too hard to answer.....who would you kick in the nuts from the forum? (go for one of the coffin dodgers, they dont need them anymore).

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Jun 13

[b]"I'll put it to you this way. Had I ten lives on earth to live I would not want to waste ONE of them being a disbeliever in the Son of God. Not ONE life would I consider being worth it, living without Jesus."

so if jesus was proven to be a fake..........would you kill yourself?[/b]

No. I would wait patiently for three days before taking any decisive action.

Are you concerned that the Son of God may turn out to be fake ?
I think Christ has been sorely tested from every angle already for a long time.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Jun 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
The flood comes to mind. Lets see, a few hundred thousand humans offed and a few BILLION animals, some of which were smart enough to know something serious was happening. Sounds like murder to me.
The obviouly you don't understand the original meaning of murder.

murder

Noun

The unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.

Verb

Kill (someone) unlawfully and with premeditation.

The Instructor

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Jun 13

it is exactly what its like. its still possible to give a logical answer. it would be amazing if we found the sun was a zillion floodlights, we would have to throw nearly everything we know about physics out of the window and start again. obviously the key bit of information would be 'how did we find out?' would it be like the truman show where one fall ...[text shortened]... k in the nuts from the forum? (go for one of the coffin dodgers, they dont need them anymore).
I am still waiting for them to prove the Shroud of Turin is a fake. It should have been an easy task, according to the team of scientists that went to examine it. But they failed.

The Instructor

Moves
20 Jun 13

Originally posted by sonship

No. I would wait patiently for [b]three days
before taking any decisive action.

I think Christ has been sorely tested from every angle already for a long time.[/b]
and after three days, if the evidence is conclusive that he was not real. how would you cope in a world without jesus?

as an atheist this obviously isnt much of a concern. i would be a lot more alarmed if he turned out to be real.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Jun 13

and after three days, if the evidence is conclusive that he was not real. how would you cope in a world without jesus?

[b]Are you concerned that the Son of God may turn out to be fake ?

as an atheist this obviously isnt much of a concern. i would be a lot more alarmed if he turned out to be real.[/b]
I can understand why. Hellfire !

The Instructor