1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Sep '05 00:28
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    Stop making up what you think I believe, One is mono, more than one is poly. and You have a greater god and lesser gods.
    I've said there is only one God, what is called a god can be a piece of
    wood. As far as I'm concern there is only one God, the word god isn't
    the same as the word God.
    Kelly
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    01 Sep '05 02:14
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Either the whole bible is true or none of it is...if one can pick and choose what is true and what is not, then I would have to say that person is a fool.
    That is ridiculous. It is perfectly possible that Simon from Cyrene was made to carry a cross behind Jesus (Luke 23:26) but that no snake ever talked to a woman named Eve (Genesis 3:1), for example.
  3. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    01 Sep '05 03:01
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    So you say!😉
    childish turnaround
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '04
    Moves
    01 Sep '05 03:321 edit
    God gave us his laws of Love Mercy and Goodness...in th OT...its apparent many were not able to understand them......A God of Love Goodness and Mercy does not condone murder, rape ....

Jesus came to show us......how to Love ....have Compassion and be Good.....with his words and his works...

Love is tender, love is kind, Love seeks the good in others....

"seek and ye shall find"

gil
  5. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    01 Sep '05 04:29
    Originally posted by gentlegil
    God gave us his laws of Love Mercy and Goodness...in th OT...its apparent many were not able to understand them......A God of Love Goodness and Mercy does not condone murder, rape ....

Jesus came to show us......how to Love ....have Compassion and be Good.....with his words and his works...

Love is tender, love is kind, Love seeks the good in others....

"seek and ye shall find"

gil
    awesome 🙂
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '04
    Moves
    01 Sep '05 04:381 edit
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    awesome 🙂
    thank you 🙂

gil
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 00:35
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    That is ridiculous. It is perfectly possible that Simon from Cyrene was made to carry a cross behind Jesus (Luke 23:26) but that no snake ever talked to a woman named Eve (Genesis 3:1), for example.
    Serpent is a figure of speech. He has many names....suggest "Bullinger's Figures of speech in the bible"
  8. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    02 Sep '05 00:53
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I agree. It is a given that parts of the bible are based on historical fact, but not all of it in my opinion. There is no reason why believing that some of it was based on reality and other parts made up is unreasonable. Espcially if you just look at it as a very old book and not the word of god. How exactly did god supposedly make sure the only things in the bible were what he wanted to be said, it was obviously written by people. If Mohammed or Mormon or anyone else was a false phrophet, who is to say that Jesus really was the son of god or that Moses actually spoke to him and wasn't just crazy after so long in the desert.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree