1. e4
    Moves
    07 Apr '10 21:12
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    "No reason to get excited," the thief, he kindly spoke,
    "There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke.
    But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate,
    So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late."

All along the watchtower, princes kept the view

Bob Dylan
    All Along the Watchtower

All i am interested in is pancake Tuesday 😀
    Hi Robbie.
    Surely this is the Dyann verse for this thread.

"Disillusioned words like bullets bark

As human gods aim for their mark

Make everything from toy guns that spark

To flesh-colored Christs that glow in the dark

It's easy to see without looking too far

That nothing much is really sacred.
    "

It's Alright Ma (I'm only Bleeding) Dylan
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '10 22:38
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Hi Robbie.
    Surely this is the Dyann verse for this thread.

"Disillusioned words like bullets bark

As human gods aim for their mark

Make everything from toy guns that spark

To flesh-colored Christs that glow in the dark

[b]It's easy to see without looking too far

That nothing much is really sacred.
    "

It's Alright Ma (I'm only Bleeding) Dylan[/b]
    yes it is pawn dude, truer words have rarely been spoken. Always a delight to see you down here in the dark recesses of the spirituality forum, where even a little light cannot be overcome by the dense darkness 🙂
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '10 22:411 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I'm just teasing you.
    I do genuinely believe that memory is a key part of intelligence and that the word intelligence is not just about 'original thinking' but includes the whole range of mental ability including memory, the ability to learn, the ability to do various mental tasks and original thinking among others.
    ok, sorry, not used to you making fun of me, it is, i must admit, a refreshing diversion from the cut and thrust of the forum 🙂
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Apr '10 05:49
    I must also point out that the post we were discussing:
    But the really really big differance is the others you speak of have no proof that they exist. But one would have to be blind to not see the affects that Satan has on the world. Right? Of course an intelligent person would see that.
    Was an attempt to assert a claim and avoid trying to defend it. ie his intention was to insult anyone who disagrees with him and thus hoped that they would avoid answering.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Apr '10 10:34
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I must also point out that the post we were discussing:
    [b]But the really really big differance is the others you speak of have no proof that they exist. But one would have to be blind to not see the affects that Satan has on the world. Right? Of course an intelligent person would see that.

Was an attempt to assert a claim and avoid trying to defend ...[text shortened]... tion was to insult anyone who disagrees with him and thus hoped that they would avoid answering.[/b]
    i am sorry but unless you can see inside a person, his motives and intentions, you cannot make claims like this. Galvos reference to intelligence was not an insult, merely that a discerning person should be able to look at certain aspects of the system in which we live and through a spiritual comprehension attribute those deficiencies to a satanic element. The problem, that you have is that you know not of the characteristics of this element and cannot make the connection and even if you did, you may not even accept them.
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    08 Apr '10 10:46
    i am sorry but unless you can see inside a person, his motives and intentions, you cannot make claims like this. Galvos reference to intelligence was not an insult, merely that a discerning person should be able to look at certain aspects of the system in which we live and through a spiritual comprehension attribute those deficiencies to a satanic e ...[text shortened]... f this element and cannot make the connection and even if you did, you may not even accept them.
    Sorry Rob i completely disagree, he was being condescending. Which is the way he normally is.

Imagine if i'd said this -

But one would have to be blind to not see the affects that evolution has on the world. Right? Of course an intelligent person would see that.

How would you feel if i directed that to you?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Apr '10 11:05
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Sorry Rob i completely disagree, he was being condescending. Which is the way he normally is.

But one would have to be blind to not see the affects that evolution has on the world. Right? Of course an intelligent person would see that.

I truly understand what you are saying dear Noobster, but also i dont think that Galvo was being condescending. You must try to understand that the Bible really does speak of persons as being blinded (not in a literal sense but in a spiritual sense), also it takes time to get used to the forum, i myself have really struggled against being dogmatic, but little by little we adjust. You must cut Galvo some slack, he is under real pressure. If you has said that to me, i would have been thankful that it was not worse and launched into a monologue of the deficiencies of the evolutionary model (if i could be bothered) like a bull in a china shop 🙂
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Apr '10 14:41
    i am sorry but unless you can see inside a person, his motives and intentions, you cannot make claims like this.
    Any idiot can see what his motives were. 🙂 ( the implication here being that anyone who can't see is below 'idiot' level. )
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    09 Apr '10 13:451 edit
    I suck at chess but when I stay out of this forum my rating starts to climb. When I start posting in this forum it seems to go down 🙂 must be a correlation? Problem is it's like crack to post here.

LOL
    Manny
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Apr '10 17:41
    Originally posted by Proper Knob

I do need to apologize as I did not say that they way I meant it. Sorry....
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Apr '10 22:15
    Originally posted by menace71
    I suck at chess but when I stay out of this forum my rating starts to climb. When I start posting in this forum it seems to go down 🙂 must be a correlation? Problem is it's like crack to post here.

LOL
    Manny
    Lol...you need to drop those superstitions dude.🙂
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    10 Apr '10 05:04
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Lol...you need to drop those superstitions dude.🙂
    😉 LOL
  13. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    20 Apr '10 19:48
    Originally posted by FMF
    I'm just back from Good Friday mass and there was one thing I quietly declined to do during the proceedings. Before the communion section of the mass, some men brought largish crucifixes to various parts of the church and its surrounds where the congregation was sitting under tent things, all able to see TV monitors showing the altar and choir etc., and everyone ...[text shortened]... p to kiss the feet of Jesus. Surely this falls foul of one of the 10 commandments or something?
    Ok the Good Friday services you are supposed to go to a big crucifix and kiss the Feet of Jesus, as for different parts, tents, T.Vs I'm not sure never saw or heard of it before now
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '10 00:57
    Originally posted by daniel58
    Ok the Good Friday services you are supposed to go to a big crucifix and kiss the Feet of Jesus
    It wasn't Jesus or God. It was one might call a 'graven image'. It was a 12 inch plastic doll figure of Jesus/God. The feet are plastic. The blood is red paint. You buy the doll from a shop.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Apr '10 02:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    It wasn't Jesus or God. It was one might call a 'graven image'. It was a 12 inch plastic doll figure of Jesus/God. The feet are plastic. The blood is red paint. You buy the doll from a shop.
    Of course it ws an image to them no matter what it's made of. Doesn't make much sense does it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree