1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 05:38
    A chance to define or discuss 'sin' and 'sinful behaviour'.

It's half past twelve in the afternoon here. I've been up since about 5 am. I've been thinking about it: I don't think I have 'sinned' today. And I'm fairly sure I can get through the rest of the day without doing so.

Do the self-identified 'sinners' among you 'sin' every day?

If I defined 'sin' in a certain way, would I then find that that I HAD sinned so far today. What would be possible examples of 'sin'?

In practical, everyday terms, what are the 'sins' we are talking about [and it comes up an awful lot on this forum] when we mention 'sinful behaviour'?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 05:45
    Originally posted by FMF

It's half past twelve in the afternoon here. I've been up since about 5 am. I've been thinking about it: I don't think I have 'sinned' today. And I'm fairly sure I can get through the rest of the day without doing so.

If I defined 'sin ...[text shortened]... e talking about [and it comes up an awful lot on this forum] when we mention 'sinful behaviour'?
    It's not even 7:00AM here and I've already lost my salvation 3 times and regained it twice. I'm hoping the second coming doesn't occur before lunch or I'm likely to spend eternity in an incinerator.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 05:47
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It's not even 7:00AM here and I've already lost my salvation 3 times and regained it twice. I'm hoping the second coming doesn't occur before lunch or I'm likely to spend eternity in an incinerator.
    The terms 'sin' and 'sinful behaviour' are bandied about a lot in conversations here ~ they can almost be seen as one of the concepts that stitches a lot of thread topics together ~ and yet real life examples of what acts and thoughts and interactions these terms actually refer to are few and far between.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 05:56
    Originally posted by FMF

If I defined 'sin ...[text shortened]... e talking about [and it comes up an awful lot on this forum] when we mention 'sinful behaviour'?
    Just a guess, but I'm guessing most would probably define sin in such a way that they remain sinless.

We need a more objective definition.

Good thing we have scripture, which you have admitted you do not find credible.
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 05:56
    Originally posted by FMF

It's really just a matter of definition.

For example, most people with a sex drive have a lustful thought or two every day.

Anyone that is overweight is probably committing the sin of gluttony every day.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 06:02
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Just a guess, but I'm guessing most would probably define sin in such a way that they remain sinless.

We need a more objective definition.

Good thing we have scripture, which you have admitted you do not find credible.
    All right then, so in your own terms ~ never mind my take on scripture ~ have you 'sinned' in the last 24 hours? If so what would be some examples?And if not, how often or how long do you go without 'sinning' ~ sometimes ~ in ordinary everyday life?
  7. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 06:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    All right then, so [b]in your own terms ~ never mind my take on scripture ~ have you 'sinned' in the last 24 hours? If so what would be some examples?And if not, how often or how long do you go without 'sinning' ~ sometimes ~ in ordinary everyday life?[/b]
    No, I have not. 😏
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 06:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    Have you sinned today?
    You are always a sinner, you cannot unsin anything. Once born you are a sinner until you die.

If you are a christian. I am not a christian, and therefore I don't believe in the christian sin. Meaning, I am not a sinner.

Every innocent newly born child is a sinner. So they say. And more innocent than a child you can never be again. Therefore - you are a sinner, constantly.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 06:48
    Originally posted by SwissGambit

For example, most people with a sex drive have a lustful thought or two every day.

Sin is simply any covert [mental or verbal] or overt activity that violates the righteous standards of God. Sin isn't an issue in salvation because Christ satisfied God the Father's Justice in His substitutionary spiritual death [separation from God the Father during those three hours when all human sin was imputed to Christ and judged]; sin becomes an issue for the believer in Christ because it causes loss of fellowship with God. Its remedy is 1John 1:9. Confessing [naming or stating the sin] to God. Emotion has no merit: only recognition of His Righteous Standards. Only overt sin in the seven worst is murder.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 06:51
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Sin is simply any covert [mental or verbal] or overt activity that violates the righteous standards of God. Sin isn't an issue in salvation because Christ satisfied God the Father's Justice in His substitutionary spiritual death [separation from God the Father during those three hours when all human sin was imputed to Christ and judged]; sin becomes an ...[text shortened]... merit: only recognition of His Righteous Standards. Only overt sin in the seven worst is murder.
    Have you 'sinned' in the last 24 hours? If so what would be some examples?
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 07:00
    Originally posted by SwissGambit

There's a fine line between a man's appreciation of the symmetry of feminine pulchritude and sexual lust. God created Adam. Isha (Eve), however, He "built" [Banah]. Perfect Sex and Perfect Environment were His Wedding Gifts to them in the garden. Fasten your seat belt: God isn't a prude. He has Perfect Happiness which He wants to share with each of us.
  12. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 07:00
    Sin is simply any covert [mental or verbal] or overt activity that violates the righteous standards of God. Sin isn't an issue in salvation because Christ satisfied God the Father's Justice in His substitutionary spiritual death [separation from God the Father during those three hours when all human sin was imputed to Christ and judged]; sin becomes an ...[text shortened]... merit: only recognition of His Righteous Standards. Only overt sin in the seven worst is murder.
    However, people have different ideas what the 'righteous standards of God' are.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 07:03
    Originally posted by caissad4
    No, I have not. 😏
    caissad4, it's nobody's damn business what sins anyone else does or doesn't commit or when. God respects our privacy.
  14. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 07:051 edit
    caissad4, it's nobody's damn business what sins anyone else does or doesn't commit or when. God respects our privacy.
    I'll have to disagree and suggest that it is everyone's damn business if someone commits the sin of, say, murder.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 07:09
    Can you give any practical examples of sin ~ not necessarily your own ~ not necessarily in the last 24 hours? The definition you offered needs illustration from the everyday lives of sinners ~ at least if you wish to remain within the spirit of this thread.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree